Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #5,446 of 40,609
Do amps make Zeus sound *bigger*? Also in your own terms what does *bigger* mean to you?

If by bigger you mean scale with volume, it should do. My understanding is the whole reason for multiple drivers for a given frequency range in a crossover (I.e. 4 drivers for midrange) is to reduce overall output distortion at higher volumes and allow more range for sound engineers to play with equalisation for stage musicians.

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #5,451 of 40,609
Lots of Spartans about but no reviews. Anyone feel compelled to write about it? It's very difficult to guage much about it / what tier it's in and what it competes with.
On page 116, is a comparative review of the Olympus line up (before ADEL and the Zeus-R or Zeus-XR) that I wrote when I had them all for 4 weeks which includes the universal, non-ADEL Spartan-IV in it. I now own a Custom Spartan-IV ADEL with MAM and I will be writing my review soon, but I'm about to get the Empire Ears X Effect Audio "Arthur" in a couple weeks and I only get that for 7 days so I'm going to be focusing in on that in the coming week that I receive it. Plus I have exams for this semester this week and I'm working on my Eagle Scout Project at the moment, so I'm really busy with that.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #5,452 of 40,609
I may have missed it in my search of this thread, but can anyone comment on the Hugo and whether or not there is significant hiss with the Zeus Adel?  Sorry to add to the beating of this hiss issue to death.  
redface.gif
  Thanks!

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #5,453 of 40,609
I may have missed it in my search of this thread, but can anyone comment on the Hugo and whether or not there is significant hiss with the Zeus Adel?  Sorry to add to the beating of this hiss issue to death.  :xf_eek:   Thanks!

Do cables inpact hiss?

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #5,454 of 40,609
Jan 15, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5,455 of 40,609
I may have missed it in my search of this thread, but can anyone comment on the Hugo and whether or not there is significant hiss with the Zeus Adel?  Sorry to add to the beating of this hiss issue to death.  :xf_eek:   Thanks!

When I tested the combo at the Canjam, there was more hiss than the Mojo. There is a noticeable hiss with the Mojo.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #5,457 of 40,609
Out of curiosity, I'd like to hear what all you guys that have Zeus XR or I guess anyone, that has tried all different cables like effect audio cables, ect... What does it do over the BTG cable Zeus came with?

Dude, you have been on head-fi for quite sometime. You need to start doing some research on your own before asking in the thread. Twister6's review on the Zeus, has a dedicated section for cables, where he has compared a few cables.

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #5,459 of 40,609
Dude, you have been on head-fi for quite sometime. You need to start doing some research on your own before asking in the thread. Twister6's review on the Zeus, has a dedicated section for cables, where he has compared a few cables.

I have buddy, but wanting more or. More updated info, once adel got Introduced in EE more and the holidays have passed more people have EE products and just wanted more info.

But thanks for your waste of post

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #5,460 of 40,609

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the Hugo hisses like a cat on the Zeus :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back