Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #5,462 of 40,667
I have buddy, but wanting more or. More updated info, once adel got Introduced in EE more and the holidays have passed more people have EE products and just wanted more info.

But thanks for your waste of post

I can see how, it was indeed a waste of post.. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #5,463 of 40,667
  I spent the last 5 years managing a collection of 400+ cars, mostly driving and putting them back in their homes after their exercise. Then years before that, building various drift cars (S13s mostly), then BMWs... 

Audio stuff has always been my hobby throughout all of it.

Incredible.

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #5,464 of 40,667
hey athena owners , which dap has the best synergy for your athenas ?

any recommendations ?

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #5,466 of 40,667
Yesterday it was a great day. Finally I tried the ZEUS at e-earphones custom in Tokyo.

First of all thank you so much to the store manager for his help. It was a great experience. Specially because I could compare them with other flagship IEMs like A12, A10, Layla and VE5.

All of them were tested with an AK300 and my own tips (a generic brand "similar" to comply ones).

I have to say that IMHO A12 and A10 are a step behind the others. They have too bass and they are a little bit slow. For my taste I prefer A10 between both.

Layla are great. But I have the Angies and do not see the earned value in the difference of price.

VE5 surprised me a lot. I really love sound signature focused on voices and they do a great job in that sense. Maybe in very open songs with a huge scene (jazz) I feel some lack. Not in the scene but in how they full that scene. But they offer a great vale for the price if you love voices.

And finally the ZEUS XR ADEL with the switch. They are just awesome!

My first impression was... are 14 BAs there? It is imposible! They are so small!

Then I plugged them to the Ak300. They are very sensitive. 40-45 volume in the ak300 is enough to get great sound. No hiss.

I started with the switch in R. Bass are quick and great. Mids in the middle. Highs very detailed but without sibilances. Great scene in width and depth. Just a very good IEMs.

But after few songs I decided to change the switch to the XIV profile... and then... the magic! Wow!

Then the band I was hearing just magically decided to be nearer from me and the singer step ahead. No other changes. And now ZEUS became my ideal IEMs.

After that I played a lot with the switch.
Some songs, specially jazz, with the R. Others with the XIV.

I think the switch is very powerful because you have two IEMs to choose. From "open IEM" with the R to a "false close IEM" focused in voices with the XIV.

When I finished my tests I just said to the store manager.
- "I hate you! Now I have a serious problem!".
- "Why", he asked me so worried.
- "Because I love that ones", pointing to the Zeus... "and they have to be mine"

... but not yesterday! Before I have to earn some money. Well, a lot of money :wink:

c68755cf6bdcb9118a86e92b35618a8c.jpg

164f0116c4e74d2965afd45317762737.jpg

75b976fb9082864f884b8629325aaaad.jpg

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #5,468 of 40,667
Anyone know of any noise isolation ear tips? I find spin fits isolation is pretty weak, I love the shure olive tips best but don't fit...

Kombi tips :joy:. This is a trinity thread after all

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #5,469 of 40,667

Yesterday it was a great day. Finally I tried the ZEUS at e-earphones custom in Tokyo.

First of all thank you so much to the store manager for his help. It was a great experience. Specially because I could compare them with other flagship IEMs like A12, A10, Layla and VE5.

All of them were tested with an AK300 and my own tips (a generic brand "similar" to comply ones).

I have to say that IMHO A12 and A10 are a step behind the others. They have too bass and they are a little bit slow. For my taste I prefer A10 between both.

Layla are great. But I have the Angies and do not see the earned value in the difference of price.

VE5 surprised me a lot. I really love sound signature focused on voices and they do a great job in that sense. Maybe in very open songs with a huge scene (jazz) I feel some lack. Not in the scene but in how they full that scene. But they offer a great vale for the price if you love voices.

And finally the ZEUS XR ADEL with the switch. They are just awesome!

My first impression was... are 14 BAs there? It is imposible! They are so small!

Then I plugged them to the Ak300. They are very sensitive. 40-45 volume in the ak300 is enough to get great sound. No hiss.

I started with the switch in R. Bass are quick and great. Mids in the middle. Highs very detailed but without sibilances. Great scene in width and depth. Just a very good IEMs.

But after few songs I decided to change the switch to the XIV profile... and then... the magic! Wow!

Then the band I was hearing just magically decided to be nearer from me and the singer step ahead. No other changes. And now ZEUS became my ideal IEMs.

After that I played a lot with the switch.
Some songs, specially jazz, with the R. Others with the XIV.

I think the switch is very powerful because you have two IEMs to choose. From "open IEM" with the R to a "false close IEM" focused in voices with the XIV.

When I finished my tests I just said to the store manager.
- "I hate you! Now I have a serious problem!".
- "Why", he asked me so worried.
- "Because I love that ones", pointing to the Zeus... "and they have to be mine"

... but not yesterday! Before I have to earn some money. Well, a lot of money :wink:

c68755cf6bdcb9118a86e92b35618a8c.jpg

164f0116c4e74d2965afd45317762737.jpg

75b976fb9082864f884b8629325aaaad.jpg

Thank you for the impressions and great photography! Your conclusions mirror the consensus, thanks for confirming! Look forward to hearing the incredible Zeus for myself.  I can also confirm the A12 is slow and mid bass bloated.  Some of us have gone to great lengths to try to fix it, modules, sources, impedance adapters, etc. 

Did you get a chance to experiment with the various ADEL modules? I love MAM, being able to make slight adjustments as I cycle through music, for example I like to give the bass a bump when I listen to heavy stoner/doom metal and reduce it with other genres.  MAM also has a more spacious sound probably because of it's multiple vent holes.  I also have the B1, G1 and S1.
Thx again

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #5,471 of 40,667
  Does empire do recessed sockets or is there not enough room in Zeus?

My Zeus XR ADEL was molded with recessed 2-pin sockets.

BTW speaking of mid-bass I find that the Zeus does percussion sounds very well. Drums in well-mastered rock or metal tracks have that slam to them.

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #5,473 of 40,667

Thank you for the impressions and great photography! Your conclusions mirror the consensus, thanks for confirming! Look forward to hearing the incredible Zeus for myself.  I can also confirm the A12 is slow and mid bass bloated.  Some of us have gone to great lengths to try to fix it, modules, sources, impedance adapters, etc. 

Did you get a chance to experiment with the various ADEL modules? I love MAM, being able to make slight adjustments as I cycle through music, for example I like to give the bass a bump when I listen to heavy stoner/doom metal and reduce it with other genres.  MAM also has a more spacious sound probably because of it's multiple vent holes.  I also have the B1, G1 and S1.
Thx again

Sadly it was no possible to do test with ADEL modules. They only had the B1. They explain me that B1 adds more detail but I can not confirm it. But I suppose that MAM is the more flexible one.

Thanks for your comments!

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #5,474 of 40,667
Anyone know of any noise isolation ear tips? I find spin fits isolation is pretty weak, I love the shure olive tips best but don't fit...

I like comply tips. They give good isolation and are very comfortable to me. However they break down and need to be replaced fairly often. And are kind of expensive for their life span.

That said I've found that "moistening" the tips before insertion, helps them go in easier and last longer. Seriously. I also put them on backwards. Keeps the foam the overlaps the plastic tip from causing issues. But you can also just be more careful with how you compress them before insertion. As seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/N7Zc5meSooI

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #5,475 of 40,667

Thx again

I don't fine the U12 (I have Universals) to be slow. More relaxed. Slow makes me think of flabby, which doesn't apply to any part of the U12. It's quite tight, controlled, and agile. But it doesn't have the energy of something with more treble. It's an easy listen, which is where so much of my love for them comes from. It's like the LCD-2 in that way.

But yes, it does have A LOT of bass. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back