Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 17, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #5,491 of 40,724
I'm sure Adel does what it intends to do.

But original Zeus XIV or R or XR is a no compromise pleasure, even at high volumes it never shouts or is peaky or sibilant.

I experienced what you experienced with the Rosie from my former se846 (horrible iems BTW, I'm so glad to have moved on) idk how the se846 sells for over 300...

It's not sibilance. It's the pneumatic pressure build up which causes your ears to ring after a while. ADEL IEMs and semi-open IEMs don't have this.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #5,492 of 40,724
It's not sibilance. It's the pneumatic pressure build up which causes your ears to ring after a while. ADEL IEMs and semi-open IEMs don't have this.

I haven't experienced this pressure with the Zeus XR (non adel) I listen to Ussualy a moderate Lvl (don't know the DB) but occasionally to higher volume and I don't get discomfort, I use abiut 2 to 3 hrs most days, weekends 5hrs a day

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #5,493 of 40,724
I haven't experienced this pressure with the Zeus XR (non adel) I listen to Ussualy a moderate Lvl (don't know the DB) but occasionally to higher volume and I don't get discomfort, I use abiut 2 to 3 hrs most days, weekends 5hrs a day

Yes you have, it's not avoidable with iems especially all ba iems with no vent. Once you experience Adel you never want to go back.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #5,494 of 40,724
  That sounds so painful. I need my bass to feel my music.
(I am secretly happy for my wallet)

Also EE  is making Savage series iem with Adel. IEMS with big bass!!!!

Still don't know when they will be released.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #5,495 of 40,724
Also EE  is making Savage series iem with Adel. IEMS with big bass!!!!

Still don't know when they will be released.
You can get Savage series IEMs right now, you just have to directly contact Jack about it.

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #5,496 of 40,724
You can get Savage series IEMs right now, you just have to directly contact Jack about it.

A Savage 9 with ADEL would be amazing. I would like to see someone get a pair and do a review. I know Jack said that the tuning and balance of the Savage 5 was near production levels, but that the tuning / balance of the Savage 9 needed more time in R&D.

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #5,497 of 40,724
A Savage 9 with ADEL would be amazing. I would like to see someone get a pair and do a review. I know Jack said that the tuning and balance of the Savage 5 was near production levels, but that the tuning / balance of the Savage 9 needed more time in R&D.

- InsanityOne :darthsmile:

Second that. Savage 9 has been available for about 6 months(non Adel) but very little information about it and none on the Empire website. I know we can just contact Empire directly but it would be nice with some comparisons or at least some impressions.

InsanityOne, you have the Savage 5, what is your impressions? Can you compare it to other iems, maybe 64 audio Adel. I have the U12 Adel and like it. The bass is awesome without being basshead, but sometimes I do miss more clarity in the mids and highs. Soundstage and separation are also top notch.

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #5,498 of 40,724
Second that. Savage 9 has been available for about 6 months(non Adel) but very little information about it and none on the Empire website. I know we can just contact Empire directly but it would be nice with some comparisons or at least some impressions.

InsanityOne, you have the Savage 5, what is your impressions? Can you compare it to other iems, maybe 64 audio Adel. I have the U12 Adel and like it. The bass is awesome without being basshead, but sometimes I do miss more clarity in the mids and highs. Soundstage and separation are also top notch.

Have you tried a silver cable? Silver cables do wonders to U12's clarity. You'll hear a lot of more details. Stock cable sounds slightly muddy imo

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #5,500 of 40,724
No. I don't know much about cables to be honest. Not sure I can hear big difference but its worth a try.

Can you recommend some specific cables without breaking the bank
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought Norne Therium. Everyone I talked to regarding these specific cables had the exact same impressions. Bass is tightened and you can hear a lot more details. I can guarantee you that Therium will improve details. IDK about other headphones/IEMs but with 64 Audio U12 and Therium, I can guarantee that it'll improve sound. Therium and U12 is a very good matchup imo.

Summoning @ezekiel77 for more impressions :p

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #5,501 of 40,724
I bought Norne Therium. Everyone I talked to regarding these specific cables had the exact same impressions. Bass is tightened and you can hear a lot more details. I can guarantee you that Therium will improve details. IDK about other headphones/IEMs but with 64 Audio U12 and Therium, I can guarantee that it'll improve sound. Therium and U12 is a very good matchup imo.

Summoning @ezekiel77
 for more impressions :p

Thanks will look into it. Not cheap but cheaper than buying a new iem :).

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #5,504 of 40,724
I understand you and you are right. As mentioned before I have never been into cables but that is of course the next step in the audiophile journey lol.

Couple of good options for quality cables at reasonable prices are Headphone Lounge and Impact Audio. I personally use a headphone lounge silver litz with my iems and very much enjoy it. The sound change is not nearly night/day or even like eq, but it is there is you are sensitive to hear it.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #5,505 of 40,724
  Couple of good options for quality cables at reasonable prices are Headphone Lounge and Impact Audio. I personally use a headphone lounge silver litz with my iems and very much enjoy it. The sound change is not nearly night/day or even like eq, but it is there is you are sensitive to hear it.

ADEL tech helps you keep your ears sensitive. :p
I can hear a pretty good difference between stock and silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back