Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 2, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #36,781 of 40,614
You got it already? Please share some impressions.
It was released on November 1 in south Korea.
My first impression is that the feeling of Legend evo + the expansion of the middle and high stations, and the details have increased.
:L3000::thumbsup:
Please use a custom cable other than the Ares ii cable!

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #36,784 of 40,614
I’m cheap. LL Martini unless I win that Ode to Laura contest. Chiron was actually a good pairing too.
Me too, when it comes to cables. I knew that Damz would come to the table with a top tier.

Any other cheaper options that folks are planning to use?

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #36,788 of 40,614
First Times (non-shielded) is outstanding with Odyssey. I got to spend 3 hours with it last week. It is as good as I remember it from CanJam Socal.

Nov 2, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #36,790 of 40,614
So I just pulled the trigger on the Odyessy.

Any thoughts on how the DHC Clone Silver cable would pair with the Odyssey, or is there something else I should be looking at in this price range?

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #36,791 of 40,614

Any thoughts on how the DHC Clone Silver cable would pair with the Odyssey, or is there something else I should be looking at in this price range?

Congratulations!

Check out these three:

https://zeppelinandco.com/products/...ier-dac-dap-music-player-tws-ares-audio-sekai

https://nightjaracoustics.com/products/bifrost

https://hapaaudio.com/shop/analog-cables/iem-headphones/knot-iem-copper-silver/

All pair very well with the Odin.

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #36,792 of 40,614

DHC Clone Silver will be spectacular. Or at least... it'd be crazy to buy something different before you even try it. There is no better sounding cable. I've used it with Legend X for several years, and now EVO for a year. And it'll go immediately on the Odyssey when it arrives.

DHC Clone Silver gives you a very full frequency range, from top to bottom. Nothing's missing. It's just the full bandwidth of your IEM without it being colored by a cable. IMO, for sound quality, there's no reason to spend more on a cable than DHC. Anything more is just bling... or jewelry.

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #36,793 of 40,614
Any ideas what cables you guys are going to try first?

I’m cheap. LL Martini unless I win that Ode to Laura contest. Chiron was actually a good pairing too.
I'm cheaper, so far I think venom is a good match sound wise, helps that the aesthetics are awesome too

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #36,794 of 40,614

Just play around with what you have and see what you like best. The tweaks cable pairings give are insanely subjective based on subtlety going for better or worse.

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #36,795 of 40,614
Man your IEM inventory is looking ridiculous these days 😂 I’m jealous

I could have spent the entire two days of CanJam listening to just the IEMs he had with him and been totally fulfilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back