Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 3, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #36,796 of 40,613
As far as cables, I always use stock, especially if reviewing. I just remember when Odyssey was announced the first comments were surrounding why the Ares ll. I do like to change cables if the ergonomics are not good.

Nov 3, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #36,797 of 40,613
As far as cables, I always use stock, especially if reviewing. I just remember when Odyssey was announced the first comments were surrounding why the Ares ll. I do like to change cables if the ergonomics are not good.
ergonomics this time round is actually quite alright, i think most comments were with regards to its sound?

IMG_2649.JPEG

Nov 3, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #36,798 of 40,613
Hi,
@CL14715
@Jack Vang
Quick question. When the Odyssey was designed and prototyped is it tuned to the cable it will finally be shipped with?
Just wondering as I have ordered it, and this is my first big spend in audio as I normally buy second hand.
I do not want to start a cable debate just wondering how this works with aftermarket cables.
Thank you for your time :beerchug:

Nov 3, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #36,799 of 40,613
ergonomics this time round is actually quite alright, i think most comments were with regards to its sound?

If ergonomics are good, I am good. The comments I read were before it had hit Canjam, after AK announced the release and what the stock cable would be.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #36,800 of 40,613
Hi,
@CL14715
@Jack Vang
Quick question. When the Odyssey was designed and prototyped is it tuned to the cable it will finally be shipped with?
Just wondering as I have ordered it, and this is my first big spend in audio as I normally buy second hand.
I do not want to start a cable debate just wondering how this works with aftermarket cables.
Thank you for your time :beerchug:
EE tunes their IEM's with the included cable. I am sure this is no different. Logically, it wouldn't make sense to include a cable that it wasn't tuned with. Thus, my comment about keeping the stock through reviews so that the buyer has an idea what to expect. Jack and I have chatted about this many times in the past. The same applies with the included ear tips.

I will let Jack chime in if he has time, I could be wrong about this one.

Just about a week and a half for the USA release, I am excited to hear it.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #36,804 of 40,613
So Odyssey is delayed in the US? @JasonNYC or @Jack Vang can you comment?
It is slated for the 14th to my knowledge and has been since start Collin in the US. I think geographically there are different release rules

Nov 3, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #36,805 of 40,613
Nov 3, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #36,808 of 40,613
Nov 3, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #36,809 of 40,613
My dealer and AK website say early to mid December. I hope we get some reviews from Korea and other early release areas so final decisions can be made. Only silver lining I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back