Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 19, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #2,941 of 40,675

Wow that sounds awesome! I'll talk with Dean today and see what we can do. This should settle it for those that are torn between. It currently houses an ABS switch borrowed from a hearing aid department but I could work on getting some neat metal ones. 

Turn dial switches like on the Velvet and W500 AHMorph turned out to be too impractical (for me at least), and they only affected the bass. But a practical flip switch that actually changes the signature would be totally awesome!!

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,942 of 40,675
  Wow that sounds awesome! I'll talk with Dean today and see what we can do. This should settle it for those that are torn between. It currently houses an ABS switch borrowed from a hearing aid department but I could work on getting some neat metal ones. 

Jack, if I may add my 2c. It will great if you could also try to make the switch sit flush instead of a protruding pin. Something like this but in metal:

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #2,943 of 40,675
  Turn dial switches like on the Velvet and W500 AHMorph turned out to be too impractical (for me at least), and they only affected the bass. But a practical flip switch that actually changes the signature would be totally awesome!!

I agree with this. I am not a big fan of how FLC has done the tuning on the FLC8s. However, the ability to have a little switch to change between classic and reference Zeus would be totally awesome. Of course, in a universal version:)

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2,944 of 40,675
To the me the tricky part will be finding the right balance between, ease of switching, and accidentally switching. But two sigs in one iem? Sign me up. :)

And the 100 different options? Man that's going too far IMO. I would never find one and stick with it. 2-3 would probably be my ideal point. Really two. Reference/natural and slightly warmer/smooth and easy. Both with solid deep bass. And then maybe a v shape for pure fun. But the other two would probably be my most used.

Sep 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #2,945 of 40,675

i LIKE the look of that faceplate
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,947 of 40,675

Yeah, I'm in agreement. Thankfully, I'm a huge fan of the max-bass setting on my W500 AHMorph, and I never really bothered to switch to its other available sound signatures. Nevertheless, it'll be a bit cumbersome for those who do wish to change on the fly, as you'll have to use the supplied screwdriver. It's definitely a hassle. A switch, on the other hand, is a lot more convenient, and doesn't involve external equipment to make a change.

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,949 of 40,675
Sep 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #2,950 of 40,675

Welp, call me Sally. I LOVE that design, that's not currently available via the customization tool on EE's website is it, I wonder if that's going to be like an ADEL exclusive or so (if it is made available at all), I don't think I'll be able to help myself, they look incredible.

It looks like one is the Glacier swirl and the other is the Black tie swirl on their website, right?

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #2,952 of 40,675
Don't mean to derail the current convo but does anyone know if it would be advisable to ship out my impressions before placing the order? If so, what should I include in the box (in terms of name, identification, etc) since I would have a order # yet.

I'm waiting to free up some $$$ but don't know if it's a good idea to ship them out first so it can expedite the process on my end.

Thanks for any help!

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,953 of 40,675
Don't mean to derail the current convo but does anyone know if it would be advisable to ship out my impressions before placing the order? If so, what should I include in the box (in terms of name, identification, etc) since I would have a order # yet.

I'm waiting to free up some $$$ but don't know if it's a good idea to ship them out first so it can expedite the process on my end.

Thanks for any help!

Pm Jack, he will have perfect answer for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back