Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 18, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,926 of 40,686
Well, you have no one to blame for the adulation but yourself, Jack. You had to go ahead and craft some of the best IEMs on the planet. It's your fault.
wink.gif

Don't forget about the definition of customer service either. 

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #2,927 of 40,686
I could care less if a product is deemed the best, it is all moot if the people behind the product are not behind their customers (such as treating everyone with respect, using tact when responding to inquiries).

Needless to say Jack Vang and his crew are exemplary human beings, and it's been refreshing to see them grow into a perennial auditory powerhouse, not just because of the products, but because of the people behind the products that makes the entire experience(s) amazing and true to never forget.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #2,928 of 40,686
Whst would you say is a full size headphone that is superior clarity than Zeus R/zeus-xiv?

I love the zeus 14 for clarity and forward mids.

What would be its match in a full size headphone? Out of curiosity. I prefer iem due to portability but what has similar sound, under 2k$

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,929 of 40,686
Whst would you say is a full size headphone that is superior clarity than Zeus R/zeus-xiv?

What would be its match in a full size headphone? Out of curiosity. I prefer iem due to portability but what has similar sound, under 2k$

The day I got enough money to spend on cans, I go buy the Mr Speakers Ether C Flow. Also consider the Focal Elear but that one is open backed. Ether C is lighter and comfy and can also take it outside (stylish AF too)

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,931 of 40,686
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,933 of 40,686
I see curry rice. Japanese food, yum yum.

You're correct! Also Zaru Soba to the right of my curry, and my wife's shrimp tempura meal and green tea in the background. Calpico White Peach and Pocky Cookies and Cream to the right.

Gotta come to the South Bay and eat if you (and anyone reading) hasn't.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,934 of 40,686

At this moment it's for demo purposes only. Doesn't seem like switch IEMs are too popular around here. I could be wrong though.

I will definitely consider a Zeus-XIV-R-Sw (Sw for switch) because that would make available the two most prominent qualities of the XIV and Remastered.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,935 of 40,686
I wonder how Zeus compares to hd800. I love Zeus 14, to me over Zeus r

Unless you want to go down a slippery slope finding a good amp for the HD800, I highly recommend you don't go there.

That said I can't wait to see how EE will incorporate ADEL tech.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #2,936 of 40,686
I will definitely consider a Zeus-XIV-R-Sw (Sw for switch) because that would make available the two most prominent qualities of the XIV and Remastered.

FLC tech has found lots of success with its tunable iem. They are working on a new flagship iem that has several switches for over a 100 sound tweeks.

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,938 of 40,686

get the oppo pm1, it put a complete full stop to my hunt for a full size headphone,

the lcd2 was a big pain for me to make it sound right so I sold it, and a long hunt started so I auditioned lcd4, hifiman 1000, lcd3 but oppo pm1 won hands down and i call it the full size version headphone of zeus R

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2,939 of 40,686
i am so glad I found my way to empire ears iems after buying the zeus r, and I will consider buying from them whenever they release new flagships 

Jack is one of a kind, man the zeus r is one of the reasons I am rediscovering my whole music library and enjoying ever bit of it

pairing the zeus r with cowon plenue s is now my favorite pairing with zero hiss

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #2,940 of 40,686
FLC tech has found lots of success with its tunable iem. They are working on a new flagship iem that has several switches for over a 100 sound tweeks.

Wow that sounds awesome! I'll talk with Dean today and see what we can do. This should settle it for those that are torn between. It currently houses an ABS switch borrowed from a hearing aid department but I could work on getting some neat metal ones. 

i am so glad I found my way to empire ears iems after buying the zeus r, and I will consider buying from them whenever they release new flagships 

Jack is one of a kind, man the zeus r is one of the reasons I am rediscovering my whole music library and enjoying ever bit of it

pairing the zeus r is now my favorite pairing with zero hiss

Thank you kindly! I'm glad you're loving your Zeus-R. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back