Earbud buyer's guide, feat. TM5, OK1, PK1, ATH-CM700, OK2, K319, OK3, PK3, PK2
May 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #151 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@moderators: Please, update the thread title. It is shown in older version, reflecting no earbuds I added recently.

I believe you can update the thread title yourself in advanced editing mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@moderators: Please, make this thread "sticky", I believe it deserves this.

@all thread readers: Please, support my suggestion to "stick" this thread for the benefits of newbies as well as experienced head-fiers.

I'd love to have all the great overview threads from you, joker, Joe and ClieOs sticky! :smile:

May 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #152 of 226
I do not really know. I read the FAQ and rules and found no way. I saw before how some do this right in the thread and I tried this trick
smily_headphones1.gif
If this will not work, then I will try two other ways, like "report post" or PM.

Thank you for your support. It is time to update your sig to 9 earbuds.

May 2, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #153 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe you can update the thread title yourself in advanced editing mode.

Does not work. Skylab had the same problem with his epic portable amps roundup.
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to have all the great overview threads from you, joker, Joe and ClieOs sticky! :smile:

Thank you.

May 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #159 of 226
What about the PAA-1 earphones?

PAA-1 earbuds employ high quality earphone drivers (speakers) and good cables, with the highest standard of auditioning, hence the PAA-1 earbuds are one of the best stock earphones in the marketplace.

PAA-1 earbuds are specially designed as a very important segment of the whole audio system of our players, thus the sound quality that comes from the earbuds can be as perfect as many high-end earphones.

PAA-1 earbuds are very suitable for acoustic instruments or classical music, because the sound signature is very natural and balanced. But of course, it is equally adept at performing in the modern music arena.

PAA-1 earbuds provide a very natural listening experience. Pairing these with our DAPs, you will feel no fatigue after listening for a long time.

May 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #160 of 226
MX980. I am not sure if they will stay with me, but I definitely want to compare them. Unfortunatrely, they are hard to get here in Russia.

Quote:
kostalex, what are the next earbuds do you plan to get?

May 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #161 of 226
These are good, on par with entry models of Yuin. They deserves to be included in this comparison, likely I will add them this summer.

Quote:
What about the PAA-1 earphones?

PAA-1 earbuds employ high quality earphone drivers (speakers) and good cables, with the highest standard of auditioning, hence the PAA-1 earbuds are one of the best stock earphones in the marketplace.

PAA-1 earbuds are specially designed as a very important segment of the whole audio system of our players, thus the sound quality that comes from the earbuds can be as perfect as many high-end earphones.

PAA-1 earbuds are very suitable for acoustic instruments or classical music, because the sound signature is very natural and balanced. But of course, it is equally adept at performing in the modern music arena.

PAA-1 earbuds provide a very natural listening experience. Pairing these with our DAPs, you will feel no fatigue after listening for a long time.

May 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #162 of 226
Thanks, Kostalex.  I'm dying for one of the established reviewers to do a real MX-980 and MX-880 comparo with PK1!

Also want to know if the difference between amped and not amped on MX-980 is <really that big>. 

With the iPhone 3gs and the PK1 the difference between TTVJ Slim and no slim was just not that big.  Some clarity, sure...but from all of the "you simply have to have an amp with the PK1" I was expecting a much greater difference.  The difference between PK3 and PK1 is much greater  ($100 more) than the difference between PK1 and amp/no amp ($450 more for TTVJ Slim AMP/DAC).

Except for maybe the Headstage Arrow ($250) with it's adjustability of Bass and crossover(now more interesting to me), a really nice amp like the Slim doesn't really change the signal but seems to clarify it.  I think Newbies (I'm still one) would benefit from this knowledge. 

Just thought I'd share my hopes and experience with PK1.  Reading some comments to this effect would have tempered my expectations from an amp. 

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #163 of 226
Jun 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #164 of 226
great thread kostalex. i was looking for a good set of buds for my wife's 5th gen ipod nano. googled best ear buds head-fi and found your thread. opted for the Yuin OK3. found them on sale also, $39.00 shipped to the U.S

YUIN PK3 earphones on sale

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=5

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #165 of 226
Looking for a little more guidance from some of you more seasoned earphone users. I have been enjoying the OK3's with my iPod 4th Gen. Nano. I like their reproduction of more stripped down music (She & Him, singer/songwriter stuff), but they seem veiled/suffer with rock music (White Stripes, Blindside (melodic hard rock). Vocals seem recessed and the imaging isn't as good. However, they seemed to improve with the FiiO E5 amp on more demanding music.

Sadly, my FiiO just bit the dust. As a result, I am trying to decide how to use my hard-earned dollars. My thoughts are:

1) Replace the FiiO and keep my OK3s
2) Upgrade to the OK2s (Head Direct is willing to let me upgrade for $70)
3) Buy a higher quality/more durable amp
4) Look into the PK line

I am not wanting to spend more than $70 - 80 on this upgrade, which would allow me to do most everything on the list.

I would appreciate your thoughts on which way to go. Let me know if there needs to be any more details on my situation. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back