Earbud buyer's guide, feat. TM5, OK1, PK1, ATH-CM700, OK2, K319, OK3, PK3, PK2
Jul 24, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #181 of 226

Quote:
Is this roundup going to include the Koss KDE250 anytime soon? It's a $250 dual-driver earbud (though Amazon lists it for $140) and is Koss' most expensive current offering after their electrostatic headphones. I can barely find any reviews of it, so I think it should be given a shot.

From what i understand, it is not really an earbud, more like a small clip-on.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #184 of 226

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone would have a good perspective on my situation, it would be you!

So finally got my OK2s and think they sound great after a first listen. However, despite what you said about bass, I feel them to be pretty puchy in the bass, almost a bit too much at times. Is this maybe a burn in issue or are my ears focusing on the lower mid-range? Just wondering.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #185 of 226
Just got my OK2's. (Upgrade from OK3's - tried to quote from earlier in the thread, but couldn't get it to work). Think they sound great after a first listen. However, despite what you said about bass, I feel them to be pretty puchy in the bass, almost a bit too much at times. Is this maybe a burn in issue or are my ears focusing on the lower mid-range? Thoughts?

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #188 of 226
It is coming slowly. Preliminary report: KDE250 takes its own place among top clip-ons, like G1A, KSC-35km (kostalex mod) and EW9. It is also has some unique selling points, like huge bass of decent quality and larger soundstage. This thing is also very musical.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #189 of 226

Can't wait to hear more.  How has the fit been for you?
Quote:
It is coming slowly. Preliminary report: KDE250 takes its own place among top clip-ons, like G1A, KSC-35km (kostalex mod) and EW9. It is also has some unique selling points, like huge bass of decent quality and larger soundstage. This thing is also very musical.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #190 of 226
It was crazy and incomfortable at first. Then I got it. KDE250 is bulit like a musical instrument, which needs a tuning. It has 3 fit tuning controls (parameters? dimensions? directions?). Any of them affects SQ. So I am able to tune SQ in a wide range - tonal balance independently for any channel, channels balance, soundstage size (damping factor?). It is ingenious!

Unfortunately, visual styling is a crap. I do not care though.

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #193 of 226
I just got my new Droid X about 3 weeks ago and I do everything with this phone, I am wanting to get a great pair of ear buds for it but can't really decide what to get yet. I am thinking of getting the Yuin pk1, but I have heard people saying it needs an amp to sound good but after reading his review he made it sound like they still sound great without an amp. So would these ear buds sound good on a phone, and if not which would you recommend?

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #194 of 226
I doubt Droid has enough power for PK1. Start with PK3. Or get TM5 if you plan to use them also with something serious in terms of SQ (at home, for example).

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #195 of 226
The head phones I will buy will be used primarily for my phone only, I might buy some heavy duty studio quality headphones to replace the cheap ones that came with my digital drumset later on though. But I like having ear buds to listen to music on portable devices with rather than big and bulky ones. But I am looking for the best possible headphones that I can use with my phone.

The headphones that came with my phone are the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds which I say are "ok" for being free. The earbuds I use are the Sony Ear Bud Headphones that have bass boost. These are pretty good but recently I have been listening to higher quality headphones and it has made me realize that music is just so much better with headphones that aren't cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back