Earbud buyer's guide, feat. TM5, OK1, PK1, ATH-CM700, OK2, K319, OK3, PK3, PK2
Nov 11, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #212 of 226
I ordered PK3s today so I have PK1s for mobile low impact stuff such as sitting at my desk at work, walking, travel and PK3s for high impact mobile activities such as mtn bike riding and jogging.  Its just really amazing to me that I keep reaching for earbuds-PK1s on my home rig.  Kotalex thanks for your reviews-tremendously helpful.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #213 of 226
Trying to figure out which earbuds would be the best semi-affordable (less than $125) replacement for my stock iphone earbuds.  I want a built-in mic, and balanced but detailed sound quality.  The ability to control volume/track near the mic would be a nice bonus.  Earbuds only, not interested in IEMs.  This is obviously a pretty comprehensive rankings list, but not sure which do and don't have the mic and extra controls.  If you can shed some light on this for me, thx.

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #214 of 226

Quote:
Trying to figure out which earbuds would be the best semi-affordable (less than $125) replacement for my stock iphone earbuds.  I want a built-in mic, and balanced but detailed sound quality.  The ability to control volume/track near the mic would be a nice bonus.  Earbuds only, not interested in IEMs.  This is obviously a pretty comprehensive rankings list, but not sure which do and don't have the mic and extra controls.  If you can shed some light on this for me, thx.

You profile does not show your location, but in the UK at the moment you can buy Sennheiser MX980 for 90GBP, which is aroun the price you stated.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #215 of 226
Sorry, yeah I'm in the US.  The price I'm finding for them is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'll consider them for sure.

Do you know if that model # has a mic?  I can't tell if it does.  Kinda looks like it just has that volume control slider.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #216 of 226

Quote:
Sorry, yeah I'm in the US.  The price I'm finding for them is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'll consider them for sure.

Do you know if that model # has a mic?  I can't tell if it does.  Kinda looks like it just has that volume control slider.

No microphone on any buds from MX series AFAIK.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #218 of 226
i like akg 319 for earbud 
nice review sir 
beerchug.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #219 of 226
The Sennheiser MX580 sounds quite nice, and is only around $25 in the US.

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #220 of 226
I've been using the PK1 (amped with a Super Mini Moy) for about 3 years and the PK3 (unamped) for two years. I've been VERY happy with both 'buds and totally agree with the original reviewers comments that they sound great and are amazing bargains. In fact, I've helped "sell" a few sets of PK3s by letting others listen to them...they can hardly believe how such a non-descript looking bud can sound so good, straight out of an iPhone. When they find out how [relatively] cheap they are, they start demanding ordering info.
biggrin.gif

YMMV

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #222 of 226

Quote:
I've been using the PK1 (amped with a Super Mini Moy) for about 3 years and the PK3 (unamped) for two years. I've been VERY happy with both 'buds and totally agree with the original reviewers comments that they sound great and are amazing bargains. In fact, I've helped "sell" a few sets of PK3s by letting others listen to them...they can hardly believe how such a non-descript looking bud can sound so good, straight out of an iPhone. When they find out how [relatively] cheap they are, they start demanding ordering info.
biggrin.gif

YMMV

Similar story here.  My cubicle rig is PK3 with an iBasso D10, and it's surprisingly good for the simplicity (listening to it right now).  I recommend the PK3 when people ask about earbuds, and have given a pair as a gift as well.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #223 of 226

Quote:
biggrin.gif

YMMV

So, after owning both for an extended time, do you feel that the PK1 is worth buying for PK3 owners?  (I can haz amps.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back