DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #6,271 of 13,478
Getting about 7-hrs on low gain, Amp1mk2, playing 95% flac, 5% dsd.
Is this in the ball park?

Also, I've had the screen freeze on me about 3 times in the last few days for about 5 sec after tapping it to navigate to another page.
I didn't need to reboot or anything, it just "self-corrected" . This happened in the Mango OS.
Currently on the latest firmware from Ibasso. No lurkers, no others, zilch.
Any ideas?

Is anyone here also getting some slight vibrations when the unit is playing?

Using the player without the leather case, with "active" cooling (i.e. either in a room with a/c or usb fan blowing directly over it)

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #6,272 of 13,478
Getting about 7-hrs on low gain, Amp1mk2, playing 95% flac, 5% dsd.
Is this in the ball park?

Also, I've had the screen freeze on me about 3 times in the last few days for about 5 sec after tapping it to navigate to another page.
I didn't need to reboot or anything, it just "self-corrected" . This happened in the Mango OS.
Currently on the latest firmware from Ibasso. No lurkers, no others, zilch.
Any ideas?

Is anyone here also getting some slight vibrations when the unit is playing?

Using the player without the leather case, with "active" cooling (i.e. either in a room with a/c or usb fan blowing directly over it)
I would do a reset. I don't get any screen freezes and I use Mango and Android.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
I also asked iBasso about the louder playing of the AMP9 when it is plugged in without shutting down the DX220. A higher voltage than should be is feeding the AMP9 when you do that and you will burn out the Korg Nutube! So, you will end up with money poorly spent and no music.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #6,273 of 13,478
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #6,274 of 13,478
I would do a reset. I don't get any screen freezes
I also asked iBasso about the louder playing of the AMP9 when it is plugged in without shutting down the DX220. A higher voltage than should be is feeding the AMP9 when you do that and you will burn out the Korg Nutube! So, you will end up with money poorly spent and no music.

That reason why Ibasso should release new firmware which solve both "low volume" and voltage so that amp9 can show it's amazing musical potential :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #6,275 of 13,478
Guys, waiting for AMP9, probably will arrives at the beginning of the next week!

Now I have AMP3 and AMP8
Read somewhere AMP3EX by Whitigir that is "perfect" if you want to use external amplifier using its line out.
Some time ago @Whitigir told me AMP8 was better than AMP3 also when DX200 uses external AMP (like my pathos aurium) despite of its line out.
Did I correctly understood. Was it true between stock version?
from what I'm reading seems AMP9 could outperform the already good AMP8.
Could be true using with external amp too?

While, in the hypothesis to use external amp the AMP3EX could be the "best" possible solution ?
Yes, no? Which are its modifications?

thank you
ciao!
Stock: Amp8 is better than Amp3 , even using 4.4 as line out

Stock: Amp9 has better finesses and balancing across the board compare to Amp8 ....both has different sound signature Amp9 is very analog . Amp8 is still king of soundstage and power delivery

You can ask @icefalkon about his preferences as he has all the EX at his place :)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #6,276 of 13,478
+1 Only Mango - The best sound quality. My only wish are a few improvements on player, usability, no new features, just somes fixes I've (and others) posted on the dedicated FW requests thread. If I would have to choose only one, stay on the list position when going back - easy for iBasso for sure @Paul - iBasso ? It works fine on directory, it works fine on album (list, not on tiles) view, iBasso fixed it on one of the latest FW's... please please.

It’s a real pane when you're scrolling on artists, searching for "Mike Oldfield", you're on "M”, almost there and then when scrolling you enter by mistake on "Marillion” - oh nooo, back and top to A, scroll again

Yes, exactly this!

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #6,277 of 13,478
Stock: Amp8 is better than Amp3 , even using 4.4 as line out

Stock: Amp9 has better finesses and balancing across the board compare to Amp8 ....both has different sound signature Amp9 is very analog . Amp8 is still king of soundstage and power delivery

You can ask @icefalkon about his preferences as he has all the EX at his place :)
Have you compared the amp8 vs amp1 ii inline out?

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #6,280 of 13,478
For stock ? Amp8 stills win, but that is my preferences.
How about Amp8 -> BA300s vs Amp9. BA300s is about 100$ more expensive than the Amp9 and many users here are using Amp8.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #6,282 of 13,478
I would do a reset. I don't get any screen freezes and I use Mango and Android.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Will surely try that.
Also, I found out the cause for the vibrations.
It happens only when the player is plugged in to the USB cable (i.e. playing and charging at the same time) so I suspect may be some leakage/grounding issues may be a bad cable.
This cable by the way, is not the one supplied by Ibasso but a third party one that I use.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #6,283 of 13,478
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #6,285 of 13,478
I've noticed using mango makes the battery life better. Btw I remember that you have an ak240. How do they compare sonically?

The presentation, @gazzington . 240's immersive, somewhat wraps the listener, it's brighter, i'd like to borrow the phrase from that gent in youtube, "Mids colouration" lol, whilst the 221ii the higher (just a tad), wider soundstage. Its holographic presentation is generally linear, its immersive, wrapping effect is more distant to the listener. It's of course the Neutral from the 2. The scaling (of the imaging) tad bigger on the 221. Our 220 definitely Flagship level. I feel its just warming up.That's my current comparison, till 0300 this morning local time (+4)...

IMG_20190712_112804.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back