DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6,241 of 13,478
Peeling the cracked screen off?

giphy.gif

Lol I thought that was the screen protector.

As far as you break it you buy it...only if they have that stated in writing on the wall

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #6,242 of 13,478
I just got the amp9 and i am not convinced... despote the firmware of June , it sounds more « clear » with a lot of highs wich are brighter than the amp1mk2 imo.
Was expecting smooth sound and it is quite fatiguing.
Furthermore, the sound changes completely and become smoother when running under mango... under android, the sound lacks and i have to push the volume to 80 with my campfire cascade to have the volume i get at 50 with amp1... any suggestion?

You need to give it time to burn in. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #6,243 of 13,478
I just got the amp9 and i am not convinced... despote the firmware of June , it sounds more « clear » with a lot of highs wich are brighter than the amp1mk2 imo.
Was expecting smooth sound and it is quite fatiguing.
Furthermore, the sound changes completely and become smoother when running under mango... under android, the sound lacks and i have to push the volume to 80 with my campfire cascade to have the volume i get at 50 with amp1... any suggestion?

I also think AMP9 has better highs than AMP1mk2, better and less fatiguing IMHO. But as @icefalkon referred, maybe you need to give it a few hours.
Mango OS should sound different from Android - that's the reason of its existence I guess. If AMP9 becomes smoother on Mango but you want Android, if the point above succeeds you don't have a problem
You have to crank the power up on AMP9, more than in AMP1mk2 - its normal. If still it can drive your headphones it shouldn't be a problem too (although distortion at max vol may be arguably/technically? an issue)

Bottom line: Everything will be OK if the fatiguing issue goes away, I found the highs on AMP9 very pleasing since day 1, eventually have smooth a bit with burn in but I have short memory
My 2 cents

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #6,245 of 13,478
I've always used mango in the dx220. I'm very happy with it

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #6,247 of 13,478
I just need that amp 9 now! Oriolus tube amp transformed the m11

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #6,248 of 13,478
I am skipping on amp9 for now, not that i don't like it, but after been hearing the modded amp8 with the new leonidas II cable, i literally get a big smile every time i put a song on.

Hearing Nordic Folk Delights on Tidal was just such an awesome pleasure, never heard anything that good in gears before.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #6,249 of 13,478
I am skipping on amp9 for now, not that i don't like it, but after been hearing the modded amp8 with the new leonidas II cable, i literally get a big smile every time i put a song on.

Hearing Nordic Folk Delights on Tidal was just such an awesome pleasure, never heard anything that good in gears before.

You’ll change your mind later on. I was in the same situation before but after listening to amp9 I got addicted to that sound and ready forgot whatever I had before...:wink:

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #6,252 of 13,478
So, I recently purchased new Amp8. The Amp8 has a silent upgrade that I found. However, Ibasso has not advertised anything yet. It will comes with optional Glass back as well

So whoever in love with Amp8, and want an upgraded version, this is it!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #6,254 of 13,478
So, I recently purchased new Amp8. The Amp8 has a silent upgrade that I found. However, Ibasso has not advertised anything yet. It will comes with optional Glass back as well

So whoever in love with Amp8, and want an upgraded version, this is it!
Both the Amp8 and Amp7 that I bought recently came with the glass backs. What's the upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back