DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #6,286 of 13,478
Will surely try that.
Also, I found out the cause for the vibrations.
It happens only when the player is plugged in to the USB cable (i.e. playing and charging at the same time) so I suspect may be some leakage/grounding issues may be a bad cable.
This cable by the way, is not the one supplied by Ibasso but a third party one that I use.

You mean, like a higher current loading capacity usb c Cable? Is it ok to know 'bout the specs of the cable that u have? thanks...

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #6,287 of 13,478
You mean, like a higher current loading capacity usb c Cable? Is it ok to know 'bout the specs of the cable that u have? thanks...

It's a micro usb that came with my power bank, that I adapted using an micro usb to a usb c adapter.
This cable supports QC2.0 apparently.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #6,288 of 13,478
Stock: Amp8 is better than Amp3 , even using 4.4 as line out

Stock: Amp9 has better finesses and balancing across the board compare to Amp8 ....both has different sound signature Amp9 is very analog . Amp8 is still king of soundstage and power delivery

You can ask @icefalkon about his preferences as he has all the EX at his place :)
Just curious...are you able to set the bias of the Nu-tube from inside the amp module? Like, is there a trim pot inside?

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #6,289 of 13,478
+1 Only Mango - The best sound quality. My only wish are a few improvements on player, usability, no new features, just somes fixes I've (and others) posted on the dedicated FW requests thread. If I would have to choose only one, stay on the list position when going back - easy for iBasso for sure @Paul - iBasso ? It works fine on directory, it works fine on album (list, not on tiles) view, iBasso fixed it on one of the latest FW's... please please.

It’s a real pane when you're scrolling on artists, searching for "Mike Oldfield", you're on "M”, almost there and then when scrolling you enter by mistake on "Marillion” - oh nooo, back and top to A, scroll again

Would it be also possible to include a "wrap text" so that the titles show on one screen without spilling out of the screen and getting truncated?
@Paul - iBasso

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #6,290 of 13,478
I think so..
£ 300 for the screen & lcd panel...?
well, I have asked paul, just waiting his reply...

That was a quote for just the glass. It the panel is bleeding then it will be expensive I guess.

I have to say I feel for you man, nothing worse than braking shiny stuff. :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #6,291 of 13,478
That was a quote for just the glass. It the panel is bleeding then it will be expensive I guess.

I have to say I feel for you man, nothing worse than braking shiny stuff. :frowning2:
Yes, Thanks....
the grief was so... but I alrd get through it...

No, the panel still good. not yet bleed... I hope it doesn't...

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #6,292 of 13,478
0D881FF4-57D2-4564-AB4B-BCF30362D3A2.jpeg
The iBasso DX220 with amp8 drives the LCD3F surprisingly well. Sound stage is spacious and the overall tone is very lively.

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #6,293 of 13,478
Yes Amp8 is very capable for full-size headphones .

Just curious...are you able to set the bias of the Nu-tube from inside the amp module? Like, is there a trim pot inside?
There are pots, but it is not recommended to touch it as you would need a scope and know what you are doing

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #6,295 of 13,478
My Amp9 finally arrived, and just wow. Perfect pairing with the B&W P9. I've never heard mids like this from these cans. Really tames the bass too. And everything else. Incredible.

Also, cannot hear the slightest thing when I flick the amp. I don't think this is an issue. Whatever they did, its pretty well protected.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #6,296 of 13,478
Demoing DX220 with AMp1Mk2 Mod by local modder.
DX221mk2 Mod become very Analytic, the bass has no Decay...
the separation very distinguish, between guitar bass and drum bass... somehow I felt cold sig...

20190712_181324.jpg

then he supprises me... in front of me is DC01.
short impression, the cable is the same material as my adapter...
Hiss is present with Solaris from Note8 Enyxos, compare when Solaris directly to Note 8 via Fiio Adapter.
Sound wise, Note 8 Enyxos can produce adequate punchy Bass.
With DC01, the bass have body, or have detail shaped.

20190712_181357.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #6,297 of 13,478
Demoing DX220 with AMp1Mk2 Mod by local modder.
DX221mk2 Mod become very Analytic, the bass has no Decay...
the separation very distinguish, between guitar bass and drum bass... somehow I felt cold sig...

then he supprises me... in front of me is DC01.
short impression, the cable is the same material as my adapter...
Hiss is present with Solaris from Note8 Enyxos, compare when Solaris directly to Note 8 via Fiio Adapter.
Sound wise, Note 8 Enyxos can produce adequate punchy Bass.
With DC01, the bass have body, or have detail shaped.

So did he just swap amp1 gen1 module into amp1 mkii shell instead and tease it is modded one. :wink:

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #6,299 of 13,478
So did he just swap amp1 gen1 module into amp1 mkii shell instead and tease it is modded one. :wink:
hehehe.. actually he mods DX220 and also AMP1Mk2...
Cold sig....

Big boss arrived...
20190712_193225.jpg
he brings a special electric stabilizer... hmm

Depends on the modifications. But negative effects is common......What mods did they do ?
to be frank, I don't understand, he changes all the cap, and what I understand, the thermal paste from the original also need to be replace... Will try to ask again

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #6,300 of 13,478
The AMP8EX is absolutely AMAZING!
Have you compared the amp8 vs amp1 ii inline out?

I recently did this with a Cavalli Liquid Platinum. I went from the AMP1MKII stock, then to the AMP1MKII EX, then to the AMP8 stock, and then the AMP8EX. What I found was that because of the Cavalli LP's intimate sound the AMP8's made it more "punchy". Not to say there was any distortion, there was none, but it was more gritty. Which sounds GREAT with rock. However, it sounds not so good with classical, etc. I found the AMP1MKII EX to be absolutely phenomenal when feeding the Cavalli LP via Line Out.

The iBasso DX220 with amp8 drives the LCD3F surprisingly well. Sound stage is spacious and the overall tone is very lively.

The stock AMP8 can drive just about ANY full-size cans. At the AXPONA audio show in Chicago, I was walking around with the DX228 and trying everything that had a 4.4mm or 2.5mm connection. I must have tried 40 headphones that weekend. They all sounded great via AMP8. Here's an example, I went to see Sennheiser, I know their rep and brought the DX228 to sample the HD820. He was like there's "no way" that little thing is going to push these headphones. I said, ok, can I try? He goes...go for it. I plugged in, put the volume on 127. I remember the EXACT number because my face lit up, and he noticed. He goes, let me hear that. His face registered absolute shock! Then he said, "holy crap" I can't believe this. We laughed and he was telling people about the DX220 for the rest of the day. The same thing happened with Dan from Mr. Speakers, when his President Andy heard how the Ether2's sounded off the DX228, they immediately wanted two. Right then, right there. LOL, @jamato8 and I told them we didn't have any to sell, they said ok, and they ordered two from iBasso the next day or so. So, if it can push the Senn 820's, anything from the Audeze line, anything from the Mr. Speakers line, anything from ZMF, anything from Hifiman (yes even the Susvara)...I'm pretty sure it can handle anything we have. The only thing I didn't try it with was the Abyss lineup. I really wanted to but they didn't have any cables terminated in 4.4mm or 2.5mm available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back