DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #5,776 of 22,021

Hi Paul,

Finally I'm able to update the firmware, with generous help from another headfi member tkteo (thanks a lot!).

After that I retry myself and managed to update again, the root cause of previous failure should be due to I didn't manage to download a good/complete zip file from iBasso website, anyway just to share below the final steps i did and successful updated for other ppl reference:

1) Download the firmware from iBasso official site
    (a) Better do not use any 3rd party download manager software but use the browser direct download
    (b) Ensure the download is completed, check the file size
2) Unzip the downloaded file - for 1 times only
    (a) This is the difference of my experience between failed to update and successful to update
    (b) If you are unable to unzip the file using windows default unzip or 7-zip, then no need to proceed already, it means the downloaded file has problem. I tried to download at least 4 times and all failed to unzip, which led to failure to update software eventually.
    (c) If able to unzip, then can proceed, you will see a folder, inside have a readme.txt and another zipped file (file name ending with ota.zip), this zipped file no need to unzip, leave it there.
3) Copy the ota.zip zipped file to SD card root folder (means not in any folder)
    (a) Make sure the SD card was formatted in FAT32 or exFAT before you copy.
    (b) On DX200, go to setting -> About DX200 -> System updates -> Local update -> locate the ota.zip then click update, the update will start if verified successful (i kept failing here yesterday).
    (c) if the update started, remember do not power off or interrupt the update until it reboot automatically and completed.

I'm enjoying the DX200 now :)

Great to hear. I wonder why you weren't getting a good download on the FW. I will post this to the first page for others if they have this type of problem. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #5,777 of 22,021
I've had this for going on 2 weeks now and it is starting to ruin me for my other players. I have a DX80 and while it is an excellent player in it own right it just seems to be missing something. I was never a believer that the price difference was justified but I have to say that now I'm a true believer.

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #5,779 of 22,021
Great to hear. I wonder why you weren't getting a good download on the FW. I will post this to the first page for others if they have this type of problem. Thank you.

Ya I'm also not sure why I didn't get good download, probably it was due to the first few times was done via my 3rd party download manager software (XunLei), the last attempt I retried was via Chrome browser only.
After last successful attempt I didn't retry with 3rd party manager to verify this assumption.
Thank you all who had provided advices.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #5,780 of 22,021
As always, in our opinion. I have both and for me, they are on a level playing field with each other. I am going back and forth on them today with my Utopia and some IEM's as I work. Bass, spatial quality, transparency, sometimes I prefer the DX200 sometimes the WM1Z but to me, they are equal TOTL daps. I have over 1000 hours on each and normally use balanced on both. I have been having fun walking around the house with Sony's wireless headphones/noise cancelling headphones.

I feel the same way that the DX200 was absolutely on the same level as the AK380. There were a few AK fans who tried bashing me for that, however, I literally had the units side by side. I also don't like that this guy Denis 1976 insinuates that you are making people think this unit is up to par with other flagship devices simply by your writing. Funny thing is...you're not the only one who has found this to be true.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #5,781 of 22,021
Im a little troubled with this "demand" and it's not the kind of behaviour we encourage on Head-Fi. This is a community service.

Why is this information a "need"?

I completely agree. This behaviour seems to be happening more in this thread than any other I've read lately. It makes me wonder why...?

I've never seen a unit be scrutinised in such a way lol. Hmm how many of you kiddies work for Sony and AK I wonder? LOL

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #5,782 of 22,021
When I try to update I noticed that there are two lines and it depends which one you press the update is successful or not.

What exactly are you referring to?

Apr 10, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #5,784 of 22,021
  When you are on the last screen for update there are two lines one with normal name and second which starts with "._".

You have MacOS that puts that garbage. There is a tool to clean removable drives before unmount, and I suggest you to use it, not only with DX200.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #5,785 of 22,021
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. With the dx200 sat on a flat surface the unit is powered on into Mango OS. With the unit still lying on flat surface, if I try to use the left or right swipe gestures, nothing happens. However if I pick up the unit in one hand and use my thumb to swipe left or right then it works. If I put the device down again, the swiping seems to stop working.

I've experienced this quite a lot, but not 100% of the time. It also sometimes occurs when trying to select the music controls and when trying to scroll through music when browsing in directory view. . It seems that picking up the unit and swiping seems to work most of the time, but not when the unit is lying down.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm currently using the last FW, but I also experienced this using the beta.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #5,786 of 22,021
  Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. With the dx200 sat on a flat surface the unit is powered on into Mango OS. With the unit still lying on flat surface, if I try to use the left or right swipe gestures, nothing happens. However if I pick up the unit in one hand and use my thumb to swipe left or right then it works. If I put the device down again, the swiping seems to stop working.

I've experienced this quite a lot, but not 100% of the time. It also sometimes occurs when trying to select the music controls and when trying to scroll through music when browsing in directory view. . It seems that picking up the unit and swiping seems to work most of the time, but not when the unit is lying down.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm currently using the last FW, but I also experienced this using the beta.

On the v2.0.78Beta. Flat on the table seems to work in Mango but just a lag. Will update to the latest firmware when I get back home to try.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #5,789 of 22,021
  At Monday, April 3, late evening, I've got received my DX200. Guess what's then? Yes, you are right:
I've made a well-known by DX90/DX80 owners optimization of Mango mode (including my fonts - sorry to those who don't like them!), and added Google Play Marker and SuperSU into Android.

Please read the warning, explanation and instructions before you try to use Reader USB mode in Mango to write your music files to SD card! Yes, it works, but you'd better wait for the official firmware with this part finished!

There is also a download link for the FactoryTool (required!) which starts in English without additional efforts!

Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Big thanks to @Lurker0 , my popping noise problem while in the middle of the song is now vanished completely

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #5,790 of 22,021
Big thanks to @Lurker0
 , my popping noise problem while in the middle of the song is now vanished completely

If that's true, i am going to try this. Popping noise in mid of song is really irritating me also. Will try lurker fw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back