DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 8, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #5,746 of 22,021
yes is my opinion and is what counts to me, to me the dx200 for the price is awsome but the 1z is from another galaxy i thing that it was made bu aliens:grinning::grinning::grinning:but is good that you make people think that they are listen to a dap just has good has the 1Z it will save a lot of money for them

I don't make people believe this. I don't have mind control. I hear what I hear and have expressed it is IMO. You are insulting me now by inferring that I am trying to deceive someone. I have been in this hobby for many years and listen to a lot of live music. I know what I hear and for me, the 1Z is extremely good, it isn't in another galaxy and neither is the DX200. Live music is the gauge for me and both the daps do great but can't equal live music. Price has nothing to do with it. That is where many get hung up, thinking price will always denote that something is better. In this case, for me, to my ears, the DX200 and the WM1Z are on equal footing. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #5,747 of 22,021
I don't make people believe this. I don't have mind control. I hear what I hear and have expressed it is IMO. You are insulting me now by inferring that I am trying to deceive someone. I have been in this hobby for many years and listen to a lot of live music. I know what I hear and for me, the 1Z is extremely good, it isn't in another galaxy and neither is the DX200. Live music is the gauge for me and both the daps do great but can't equal live music. Price has nothing to do with it. That is where many get hung up, thinking price will always denote that something is better. In this case, for me, to my ears, the DX200 and the WM1Z are on equal footing. 
yes live music is the real thing , but if people want that stop spending money in daps and hifi, they should spend money in live concerts without amplification no cables no mix table only instruments otherwise you are not earing the instruments "live" everything that is in the way of the musical signal will had or take something, when you say that a hi end hifi plays real you are saying that is playing has the sound engineer wanted to be played not the real thing

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #5,748 of 22,021
hello , ok i will try with one with 70 db sens ....you must be joking. .easy to drive?

no I am not. you are only looking at the sensitivity of the headphone but do not take the load into consideration that is why I said 93db @ 32ohm. HD600 at 96dB @300dB is a much harder load.

And yes I am not confused and talk about how the stronger sound like. because it is highly likely that your comparison is not level-match on volume.

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #5,749 of 22,021
no I am not. you are only looking at the sensitivity of the headphone but do not take the load into consideration that is why I said 93db @ 32ohm. HD600 at 96dB @300dB is a much harder load.

And yes I am not confused and talk about how the stronger sound like. because it is highly likely that your comparison is not level-match on volume.
when you listen to 2 diferent amplifiers or 2 diferent pair of speaker you need a spl meter to ear what plays better?i don't know if the hd 600 are harder or not because 3 db represents the double of sound pressure and the he400i are planar

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #5,750 of 22,021
yes live music is the real thing , but if people want that stop spending money in daps and hifi, they should spend money in live concerts without amplification no cables no mix table only instruments otherwise you are not earing the instruments "live" everything that is in the way of the musical signal will had or take something, when you say that a hi end hifi plays real you are saying that is playing has the sound engineer wanted to be played not the real thing

I have asked live performance that were using amplified instruments (classical) to please do a couple of what ever they were playing, without amplifiers. A few times they said they couldn't do it and using amps etc ruined it for me as I was hearing the amplifier etc., but a few have and even the crowd enjoyed it more. Most of the time I make sure it is live, unamplified, if it is the type of music that can be done that way. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #5,751 of 22,021
I have asked live performance that were using amplified instruments (classical) to please do a couple of what ever they were playing, without amplifiers. A few times they said they couldn't do it and using amps etc ruined it for me as I was hearing the amplifier etc., but a few have and even the crowd enjoyed it more. Most of the time I make sure it is live, unamplified, if it is the type of music that can be done that way. 

Hi ..when is this device coming to India BTW ?

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #5,752 of 22,021
Hi ..when is this device coming to India BTW ?

I don't know. I would guess you have to contact the distributor for India or iBasso. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #5,753 of 22,021
when you listen to 2 diferent amplifiers or 2 diferent pair of speaker you need a spl meter to ear what plays better?

No, what I'm saying is you need an spl meter or voltmeter to make sure 2 devices are at equal volume. Most often than not people will favor the device with higher volume level. fI you only use your ear to volume match the devices you compare, it is an invalid comparison.

just get an HD600 and try it on both devices and you will see or hear what I am talking about.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #5,754 of 22,021
No, what I'm saying is you need an spl meter or voltmeter to make sure 2 devices are at equal volume. Most often than not people will favor the device with higher volume level. fI you only use your ear to volume match the devices you compare, it is an invalid comparison.

just get an HD600 and try it on both devices and you will see or hear what I am talking about.

I found this out myself and now use a digital sound level meter when I seriously question something. I find it keeps you honest with yourself and your impressions that you give to others. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #5,755 of 22,021

If I am understanding this correctly, you can not unzip the original zip file that you download?

Yes, i was not able to unzip using 7zip, but after that managed to unzip after i used another software Peazip.

I put the <DX200-2.1.94-ota.zip> to SD card root folder, then use DX200 System updates -> Local update -> DX200-2.1.94-ota.zip -> Update button, but saw error message "Verifying failed, plese check your package.

Then I try to flash the ROM <DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121> using FactoryTool v1.39, I have followed instruction to install USB driver.
But after i launched the FactoryTool and button 2 to add firmware, i select the <update.img> in <DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121>, then i saw "Loading..." at button 2 infinitely, i left my laptop on overnight and checked it following day morning also cannot load the firmware...

Appreciate advice from anyone who have solution... thanks.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #5,756 of 22,021
I would say stop comparing and enjoy the music.

This is not a job/work but a leisure. There's no need to go into details.

Just listen to the sound you enjoy the most.

Feel the music but not measure them.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #5,757 of 22,021

Yes, i was not able to unzip using 7zip, but after that managed to unzip after i used another software Peazip.

I put the <DX200-2.1.94-ota.zip> to SD card root folder, then use DX200 System updates -> Local update -> DX200-2.1.94-ota.zip -> Update button, but saw error message "Verifying failed, plese check your package.

Then I try to flash the ROM <DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121> using FactoryTool v1.39, I have followed instruction to install USB driver.
But after i launched the FactoryTool and button 2 to add firmware, i select the <update.img> in <DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121>, then i saw "Loading..." at button 2 infinitely, i left my laptop on overnight and checked it following day morning also cannot load the firmware...

Appreciate advice from anyone who have solution... thanks.

Please check the formatting of your card. Try either Fat32 or Exfat.

Someone asked if the measurements for the AMP2 are per channel. Yes it is for each channel. The AMP2 is very dynamic and clean and with a black background.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #5,758 of 22,021
Most probably you have incomplete or damaged download. 7zip should unzip just fine. If it does not - you have broken zip-archive.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #5,759 of 22,021
Thanks for Your work. One issue i found so far - physical buttons are reversed. Next is previous and previous is next.

Thank you and sorry - my mistake! Firmware 2.1.94L0-Rev.1 has this problem fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back