DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 9, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #5,761 of 22,021
Im still looking for a seller in EU, can anyone help me out?

I can hardly believe that a company like ibasso has such a small network of resellers. I mean I am surely not the only person who would love to buy a product from ibasso but cannot since its nowhere available

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #5,762 of 22,021

I can hardly believe that a company like ibasso has such a small network of resellers. I mean I am surely not the only person who would love to buy a product from ibasso but cannot since its nowhere available

Ask here - http://www.mp3store.pl/article/ibasso-dx200-ean.2017280122099201029,2017280122099201029.html
and here - https://www.abcav.pl/ibasso-dx200.html

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #5,763 of 22,021

Try here, though they are out of stock at the moment. Send them a mail, they reply fast.

https://headphoniaks.com/en/shop/ibasso

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #5,764 of 22,021
Why does iBasso exlude the mW rating at their website?

And why has Paul ignored my relevant question a few posts back?

I need to know how many mW the dx200 sends into 300oHm from the standard unbalanced output.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #5,765 of 22,021
Why does iBasso exlude the mW rating at their website?

And why has Paul ignored my relevant question a few posts back?

I need to know how many mW the dx200 sends into 300oHm from the standard unbalanced output.

Im a little troubled with this "demand" and it's not the kind of behaviour we encourage on Head-Fi. This is a community service.

Why is this information a "need"?

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #5,766 of 22,021

Amp3 in the uk sells it, don't know what shipping restrictions are in place though.  Handy 10 percent off with the code as well.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #5,769 of 22,021
[Mod Edit: quote from deleted comment removed]

Paul, what is the output (officially) in mW into a 32 and 300ohm impedance?

I get asked questions sometimes. It would be nice to know.

thats a logical question if you want to buy or thinking to do that you got the right to ask, i think that in a French distribuitor site says the output in mw in 16 ohms is close to 2000 mw i think that is a litle optimistic because my previous ak380cu plus amp the specs in mw where lower and it plays louder and stronger

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #5,771 of 22,021
thats a logical question if you want to buy or thinking to do that you got the right to ask, i think that in a French distribuitor site says the output in mw in 16 ohms is close to 2000 mw i think that is a litle optimistic because my previous ak380cu plus amp the specs in mw where lower and it plays louder and stronger

Thanks
beerchug.gif

I think that is like you said...optimistic.
tongue.gif
  I get nothing really close to that.  The ability to throttle the bass is likely the EQ and it's headroom for elevating bass but 2000 seems a bit yeah, optimistic

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #5,774 of 22,021
Is it worth waiting for a parametric equalizer? Or is this unrealistic?

We will have it in a FW.

With the AMP1 module:
Output into 300 ohms balanced is 120mW and single ended is 30mW
For 32ohms in balanced it is a little lower than 1 watt.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #5,775 of 22,021

Please check the formatting of your card. Try either Fat32 or Exfat.

Someone asked if the measurements for the AMP2 are per channel. Yes it is for each channel. The AMP2 is very dynamic and clean and with a black background.

Hi Paul,

Finally I'm able to update the firmware, with generous help from another headfi member tkteo (thanks a lot!).

After that I retry myself and managed to update again, the root cause of previous failure should be due to I didn't manage to download a good/complete zip file from iBasso website, anyway just to share below the final steps i did and successful updated for other ppl reference:

1) Download the firmware from iBasso official site
    (a) Better do not use any 3rd party download manager software but use the browser direct download
    (b) Ensure the download is completed, check the file size
2) Unzip the downloaded file - for 1 times only
    (a) This is the difference of my experience between failed to update and successful to update
    (b) If you are unable to unzip the file using windows default unzip or 7-zip, then no need to proceed already, it means the downloaded file has problem. I tried to download at least 4 times and all failed to unzip, which led to failure to update software eventually.
    (c) If able to unzip, then can proceed, you will see a folder, inside have a readme.txt and another zipped file (file name ending with ota.zip), this zipped file no need to unzip, leave it there.
3) Copy the ota.zip zipped file to SD card root folder (means not in any folder)
    (a) Make sure the SD card was formatted in FAT32 or exFAT before you copy.
    (b) On DX200, go to setting -> About DX200 -> System updates -> Local update -> locate the ota.zip then click update, the update will start if verified successful (i kept failing here yesterday).
    (c) if the update started, remember do not power off or interrupt the update until it reboot automatically and completed.

I'm enjoying the DX200 now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back