DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 11, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #5,806 of 22,021
besides sports, i have never seen a hobby when someone's opinion is different than the other that it feels like war. In the end if you read an impression about  something you bought that does not go in sync with your experience there is really no need to get all upset, as that impression in the end is something related to something that you just bought and used and not about something you made  

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #5,807 of 22,021

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. With the dx200 sat on a flat surface the unit is powered on into Mango OS. With the unit still lying on flat surface, if I try to use the left or right swipe gestures, nothing happens. However if I pick up the unit in one hand and use my thumb to swipe left or right then it works. If I put the device down again, the swiping seems to stop working.

I've experienced this quite a lot, but not 100% of the time. It also sometimes occurs when trying to select the music controls and when trying to scroll through music when browsing in directory view. . It seems that picking up the unit and swiping seems to work most of the time, but not when the unit is lying down.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm currently using the last FW, but I also experienced this using the beta.

On the v2.0.78Beta. Flat on the table seems to work in Mango but just a lag. Will update to the latest firmware when I get back home to try.

Did you manage to reproduce this on the lastest firmware?
I've just powered my device on for the first time today and never experienced the issue. Like I said this doesnt seem to happen all the time. One thing I have noticed is that scrolling music on the device seems to be a lot smoother when I don't experience that issue.Anyway, going to keep an eye on this one.

After using my old silver cable for the last few days, I've just gone back to stock cable on my U8s. Expecting my new balanced silver cable to arrive in the coming days, so want to go 'back to basics' beforehand.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #5,809 of 22,021
Thanks for confirmation! Yesterday I found out in firmware binaries that it was added, but I don't have a device to check myself. It's really great and worth to be bolded in the list of changes!

Could you please also check whether gapless is supported for SACD ISO playback as well? That's what I'm waiting for too!

bumping a recent question.

anyone can confirm?

Thanks

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #5,810 of 22,021
  Hi Paul,

There is an error after the Paypal transaction, it goes back to http://ibasso.com/thankyou.php?order_num=xxxx which shows a 404 Not Found. Also didn't get a confirmation email from iBasso, I did from Paypal.

Did the order still go through though?

Please email me your name and address and I will check for your order. paul@ibasso.com   I am also going to look into why our site is doing this and get it corrected.

You should have confirmation now.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 11, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #5,812 of 22,021
Okay... weird question... coming from a 'not-technical or sound-engineer' background...

Any reason one would prefer Single Ended over Balanced on DX200? I mean, not strictly a matter of taste or preference but technical build / sound quality wise?

I'm listening mostly on Spotify (Extreme Quality) and CIEM (with balanced amarture driver build which is supposedly easy to drive), Gain: Low. There is this tingling sense of preference tilting towards SE (via a Balance to SE adaptor) for me... and I wonder if there's any technical explanation or just a matter my ears playing tricks on me...

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #5,813 of 22,021
Okay... weird question... coming from a 'not-technical or sound-engineer' background...

Any reason one would prefer Single Ended over Balanced on DX200? I mean, not strictly a matter of taste or preference but technical build / sound quality wise?

I'm listening mostly on Spotify (Extreme Quality) and CIEM (with balanced amarture driver build which is supposedly easy to drive), Gain: Low. There is this tingling sense of preference tilting towards SE (via a Balance to SE adaptor) for me... and I wonder if there's any technical explanation or just a matter my ears playing tricks on me...

2 possibilities I can think of
- what song genre you listen to? I see some people enjoy rock/metal with Single end than balanced. They say to me like single end has more dynamics and impactful and less calm. While balanced is more tranquil and makes them less engaging to music.

- You like the sound signature of balance to SE adapter and make you like SE output more than balance.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #5,814 of 22,021
Sorry if I'm asking a redundant question here, But I just want to know if anyone tried loading apple music on the device without any issue (Streaming/Offline listening)?

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #5,815 of 22,021
Did you experience the noise in Mango mode? If it was in Android, I just have no idea why it stopped now...

Lurker rom really fixes popping noise during hires playback in Pure mode. But android mode still suffer from this.

Really want iBasso to fix on this.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #5,818 of 22,021
Here is one magical mystery. my friends said.

It happens when we using(single end or balanced out) the dynamic driver and BA type hybrid IEMs or dynamic driver IEMs on DX200.

The sound is obviously weak when compared to other DAPs. Sounds sleek without sharpness.
Does anyone understand this cause?

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #5,819 of 22,021
Here is one magical mystery. my friends said.

It happens when we using(single end or balanced out) the dynamic driver and BA type hybrid IEMs or dynamic driver IEMs on DX200.

The sound is obviously weak when compared to other DAPs. Sounds sleek without sharpness.
Does anyone understand this cause?

In balanced the DX200 puts out 6 volts and it depends upon the load how much current flows. We have tried the DX200 with many types of IEMs and headphones and never had this issue. But the power of the DX200 stock amp even in single ended should be more than enough to drive any IEM type.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #5,820 of 22,021

Repost from bug thread:

Hi Paul.

Confirmed that can play SACD-ISO files.

But you have to open them manually by folder directory then it will be added to Mango track archives, instead of just scanning.

Hope scan can put the tracks to Mango archives as well.

I will run this by the software team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back