DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 10, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5,116 of 22,021
Hey guys what do you thing about the CPU? Is the RK3368 a capable CPU. The device feel's too slow. I hope that this is only a software related issue. Second, it feels like the download speed of the internal wifi antenna is too weak and I have noise issues.

I love my device it sounds so good. But this two issues makes me sometimes unhappy :frowning2:

It seems like you need either granbeat or vivo xplay6 lol.

Joking. The device doesn't feel slow at all. It is the best DAP UI ibasso can provide. It is not smartphone or onkyo ui smoothness level though.

Try to use 5G channel wifi and near the router. It will solve problem. Until they fix 2.4G noise issue someday.

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #5,117 of 22,021
Hey guys what do you thing about the CPU? Is the RK3368 a capable CPU. The device feel's too slow. I hope that this is only a software related issue. Second, it feels like the download speed of the internal wifi antenna is too weak and I have noise issues.

I love my device it sounds so good. But this two issues makes me sometimes unhappy
frown.gif

I don't use Wifi much but have read a number of times to use the highest speed, 5ghz. I find the CPU to be very fast and download to be right up there and faster than any of my other daps. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #5,119 of 22,021
I managed to copy files using Android File Transfer for Mac.
Now another question. My files are properly tagged, but somehow, when I play by Album, the tracks are out of order. This is a big issue as I listen to mostly Classical music, and the tracks must be played in the right order if the piece is to be played properly. If I go to Directory, then it will play, but if I browse my music using any other method, the tracks order is all messed up!

This has been reported and I hope will be fixed with the next FW. It doesn't happen in Mango OS (unless you turn off then turn on again, when the album playing is rearranged in alphabetical order).
Funnily enough, I thought I did have the problem in Mango - I was playing Radiohead, Moon Shaped Pool and I thought, "Damn, all these tracks have been rearranged alphabetically". Then I realised the proper track order IS actually in alphabetical order. I guess that's how Radiohead designed it...!:cool:

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #5,121 of 22,021
I'm finally getting some DX200 time! My DAP cradle :-

So for the past few days I've done away with the burn-in dongle and used my earphones instead and it's doing so nicely.

The DX200 is quite articulate. It pairs well with the likes of the FitEar MH335DW-SR which is a warm (DW - double woofer) earphone. Sonically to me it's a great sounding DAP for it's asking price. Software wise I think there's room for improvement.

In many ways I find parallels with this and the DX100 which was also a great sounding DAP (one of, if not, the best of its time) but limited by its software (or the software demands on its hardware CPU/mem).

I've got a long weekend holiday with the family and plan to use the DX200 the whole trip.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #5,122 of 22,021
OK, just finished and published my DX200 review, HERE.  A long read, including lots of comparison to other flagship DAPs and pair-up analysis with a ton of iem/full size.  Will have it officially on head-fi next week once I have everything polished.

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #5,124 of 22,021

I love my device it sounds so good. But this two issues makes me sometimes unhappy
frown.gif

Benchmark tests indicate otherwise (yes, its CPU isn't as quick as current smartphones/tablet computers but still anything but slow):

In case anyone was wondering whether you can run GTA San Andreas on the DX200: Yes, you can, and even at advanced graphic settings!

Why? Because why not!

The processor benchmark tests look good as well:

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #5,126 of 22,021
  OK, just finished and published my DX200 review, HERE.  A long read, including lots of comparison to other flagship DAPs and pair-up analysis with a ton of iem/full size.  Will have it officially on head-fi next week once I have everything polished.

great review , as always
beerchug.gif

btw i want to ask something that caught my eye

you say when comparing sources

DX200 vs Micro iDSD – with iEMatch on Micro the hissing could be completely eliminated, but when it’s disabled – the hissing level is on par with DX200. Very similar soundstage expansion. Micro sounds a little brighter while DX is a touch smoother in comparison. In terms of detail retrieval, resolution, transparency, and sound layering they are very similar.

so , if i have idsd micro already i assume that getting dx200 (sound-wise only) would be reduntant ?

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #5,128 of 22,021
This has been reported and I hope will be fixed with the next FW. It doesn't happen in Mango OS (unless you turn off then turn on again, when the album playing is rearranged in alphabetical order).
Funnily enough, I thought I did have the problem in Mango - I was playing Radiohead, Moon Shaped Pool and I thought, "Damn, all these tracks have been rearranged alphabetically". Then I realised the proper track order IS actually in alphabetical order. I guess that's how Radiohead designed it...!
cool.gif

Oh this is good to know. Sorry I didn't read through all 341 pages of posts, so I am sure I missed a lot of info. Thanks.
btw, do you all use Mango as the AP? or do you use some other software?
I also find the screen to be very insensitive. I have to press really hard to get it to respond.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #5,129 of 22,021
Another question.
I am using the Shure KSE1500. I first tried using the Line Out from the DX200 into the Shure Amp, but the volume was very low even if I have Gain on High, and Volume on the Shure amp up all the way. It doesn't feel right to use Phone out and crank up the volume.... is this normal? 

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #5,130 of 22,021
I am using the KSE1500 too. In a previous firmware, 1.3.xx, the line out of the DX200 is full volume and my KSE1500 volume at 8-9 is very loud for me. The new firmware 2.xx allows line out volume to be variable and hence you might want to crank up the volume of DX200 line out to max. One more thing, when at max volume of DX200, absolutely no hiss or statics was picked up by the KSE1500 without the need for delimiter to be set at -10db or -20db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back