1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342
344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353
Next

Last
  1. Olchon

Which firmware are you using? Latest beta FW is very responsive, but I believe one before, which I skipped, did make screen rather unresponsive. I have not changed the screen protector but do try to keep it nice and clean to help avoid any phantom swipes.
    Line Out has an adjustable volume which is remembered separately from the phone out volume (which is great, I accidentally blasted my ears too many times on my DX90!). Make sure it is set to 150. I do not think the gain should have any effect on line out.
    I use Mango OS rather than the Mango player on Android mainly because the album order is correct, although some people report they also hear the better sound quality. The UI is very responsive except for delay in swiping between screens horizontally, which Paul has said will soon be fixed in FW update. To change to Mango OS select it as option when powering off in Android mode.
    Hope this helps.

2. twister6 Contributor

Micro iDSD is one great DAC/amp, but it's obviously not a portable DAP or a pocketable DAC/amp.  So, if you have DX80 (per your PM) and don't mind a transportable rather than "portable" setup, as well as don't care about streaming, DX200 vs DX80/Micro iDSD is indeed redundant.  I just did a quick test of DX200 vs DX80/MIcro iDSD and the same comparison holds true to my original assessment of DX200 vs Micro iDSD (w/laptop).  Btw, great pair up of DX80 with Micro iDSD (spdif, optical connection).

Also, got a number of comments with people asking me why no comparison of DX200 to AK380 or WM1Z.  I previewed both DAPs at CanJam NYC, but to have a proper comparison you need more than 10min of listening session in a crowded showroom.  I need a good 30-40min of listening in a quiet environment, volume matched and playing the same audio files, otherwise it will be just an anecdotal opinion.

proedros likes this.
  3. kel77
    I experienced my first ghost swipes today after having the unit for almost 2 weeks with no problems.
    Was testing some cables at CanJam when the ghost swipes kept ocurring till i gave up and used my AK380 instead for the test.
    It was extremely irritating.

4. twister6 Contributor

Make sure to thoroughly clean the screen, not just wipe it but clean it.

I'm actually thinking that a decent tempered glass screen protector can mitigate these occasional problems.  I have been using DX200, almost daily, for 6-7 weeks and the only time I had this issue when I smudged the display with dirty hands.  Cleaned it with an eyeglass spray solution, and never happened again.

5. WCDchee

You found the dx200 to be technically better than the opus 2? :)

6. kel77

Yes, I did have the tempered screen ordered and should be expecting to have them early next week. Hopefully it does solve this problem.

7. SoLost
    Cool! I am currently using v1.5.69, should I upgrade to the v2.0.78Beta?
    What is the point of a Line out if vol isn't fixed?! 

8. SoLost
    Thanks. Right now I am on v1.5.69, should I upgrade to the v2.0.78Beta?
    Hmmm no harm trying. Let me try now...

9. SoLost
    So does anyone know what Line Out level correspond to -10dbV or +4dbU? 

10. Olchon
    No idea, sorry. I have always set it to max and don't get any noise or distortion on my Valhalla 2. But I did have to turn it down a bit when I used it in the car. Let me know if you find out something different and there is a better level to use. I am too non tech!

11. twister6 Contributor

Very similar, but DX200 is more neutral and a little brighter in comparison to Opus#2, which gives DX200 a perception of more transparency and airiness.

12. WCDchee

I was pretty impressed by the bass body and dynamic impact of the opus, does the dx200 do that as well?

13. twister6 Contributor

After 300+ hrs I have on #2, the bass settled in, more neutral to my ears, though still has a little more impact than DX200.  As I mentioned in my review, DX200 has a more accurate rather than enhanced reproduction of the bass.  You gotta check out DX200 at Music Sanctuary, Calvin should have one on display.

14. WCDchee

I shall my Friend :)

15. adonissk
    I seem to have a strange issue with the DX200. After its regular nightly burn-in session, using the supplied cable, it seems that I need to crank the volume higher to reach the same listening levels as before. I used to listen with the Vegas in the 30s, now I need to go to high 40s/low 50s, which would have been eardrum busting with the Vegas before. This is strange and I am wondering if the burn-in actually burned something? I also feel like the sound is missing dynamics compared to before. I am on balanced.
    Does anyone have the Vegas on balanced? What volume do you use for regular listening?

First

Back
333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342
344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353
Next

Last