DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 4, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #8,191 of 22,021
I've used this, works fine. Small and compact
IMG_7100.JPG

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #8,192 of 22,021
Sep 5, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #8,194 of 22,021
Just acquired my 1st dap, the dx200 few days back. Now in the market for a good iem to match up .
Looking about the it03 , t20i & P1 range , this would be using thru balanced out on amp1 for now.
All comments and recommendations welcome , tia

***listen to mostly pop & Latin songs & music

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #8,195 of 22,021
Speaking about Type-C OTG accessories. I have a number of MicroUSB accessories (cables, hubs) that I use with DX90, DX80 and Android tablet, and found out that they all work with DX200 via a cheap MicroUSB female to Type-C adapter. So, if you have some like me, such an adapter is worth to buy. I ended up with cables and chargers from Tronsmart (for both MicroUSB and Type-C):
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/type-c-adapters
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/type-c-cables
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/wall-chargers

They all available off eBay and other online stores with free shipping worldwide. Their charging/data cables with 19AWG power wires are great for fast charging! But I don't recommend cables longer than 1m for data transfer: DX200 has a "switch" inside between SoC and XMOS, which makes DX200 very sensitive to signal level. Same with DX80.

Note: Tronsmart Braided Nylon Type-C cable looks similar to stock iBasso cable, but iBasso cable is softer and feels better.

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #8,196 of 22,021
So I'm understanding from this thread that Focal Elear and DX200 might be a perfect match for open backed headphones. Opinions?
I have elear and like the combo. Using with the original cable called the snake :)
Volume around 120-130. I'm waiting for a black widow balanced to try in this configuration

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #8,197 of 22,021
So I'm understanding from this thread that Focal Elear and DX200 might be a perfect match for open backed headphones. Opinions?
I'm not so sure about this combination because I think that the amp modules have some problems driving the Elear (imho). I will try to use the DX200 with an external amp and the Elear in a few weeks and I will write my conclusions.

Just acquired my 1st dap, the dx200 few days back. Now in the market for a good iem to match up .
Looking about the it03 , t20i & P1 range , this would be using thru balanced out on amp1 for now.
All comments and recommendations welcome , tia

***listen to mostly pop & Latin songs & music
Wait for the IT04 maybe, coming out in a month I guess.

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #8,198 of 22,021
All comments and recommendations welcome , ta
**listen to mostly pop & Latin songs & music

Hi Joe, and welcome!

Of the IEM's you've mentioned, I only know the IT03 (and its forthcoming big brother the IT04).
So I cannot comment on the other ones. However, the IT03 sounds superb as posted previously, especially with an upgrade to one of iBasso's balanced cables. IT04 even better although we're still waiting to find out exactly it will be released.
However, for a more, ahem, 'balanced' set of suggestions, perhaps you could let us know what kind of budget range you're willing to consider and whether there's any particular sound signature aspects that are especially important to you etc? :)

Sep 5, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #8,199 of 22,021
Speaking about Type-C OTG accessories. I have a number of MicroUSB accessories (cables, hubs) that I use with DX90, DX80 and Android tablet, and found out that they all work with DX200 via a cheap MicroUSB female to Type-C adapter. So, if you have some like me, such an adapter is worth to buy. I ended up with cables and chargers from Tronsmart (for both MicroUSB and Type-C):
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/type-c-adapters
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/type-c-cables
http://www.tronsmart.com/products/wall-chargers

They all available off eBay and other online stores with free shipping worldwide. Their charging/data cables with 19AWG power wires are great for fast charging! But I don't recommend cables longer than 1m for data transfer: DX200 has a "switch" inside between SoC and XMOS, which makes DX200 very sensitive to signal level. Same with DX80.

Note: Tronsmart Braided Nylon Type-C cable looks similar to stock iBasso cable, but iBasso cable is softer and feels better.

Good to know, thank you! I will try and see what I can do with this type C cable thing

There is one thing that I noticed, using Mango player. In both modes, Bluetooth or wired connection, and without turning on the EQ option, the USB-bass is emphasized. I only turned it on for better and more balanced sound, and is not using or sliding any bars.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #8,200 of 22,021
Hi guys

I have an issue ,I do not know how many percent drive my HD800S with DX200 (amp1,2.5).
Simple say ,some track everything okey ,but sometimes not .
I used at volume 110 ~120 Music related(high gain) .sound very good enough bass impact and slam while some track lack power It feels .
Does anyone same experience like me?
I hope Amp3 Solve the problem :)

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #8,202 of 22,021
I'm not so sure about this combination because I think that the amp modules have some problems driving the Elear (imho). I will try to use the DX200 with an external amp and the Elear in a few weeks and I will write my conclusions.

Wait for the IT04 maybe, coming out in a month I guess.

I use my DX200 AMP 2 with an external C&C BH Amp or the Tralucent T1 Amp and it's fantastic. I use my Tralucent 1Plus2 rev 1's, Heir 4a's, and UE900's for IEMs and Senn 650's and LCD 2's for cans. The additional amp seriously brings out the WOW factor. (I go from SE to Bal with the 1Plus2's, the 650's, and the LCD 2's...back and forth)

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #8,203 of 22,021
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #8,204 of 22,021
Hello, has anyone had problems with the sound of pop, crac to start playback or change the sampling frequency?
With T5p is a small sound, tolerable but by switching to the hd800s, the sound is quite strong, annoying, and hurts me a little ear. Is it a defect?
With chord mojo, have not experienced anything, only a small sound by changing the frequency of sampling in songs, so ruled out the hd800s are damaged.
can someone support your experience with amp1 and hd800s?

and another doubt, these sounds of pop, crack have possibility to damage the headphone ? Perhaps you think I'm exaggerating, but I think it is a very strong sound, considering that I hear from 30-40 for hd800s and 10-20 in t5p
Best regards

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #8,205 of 22,021
I've not had problems with this.

Hello, has anyone had problems with the sound of pop, crac to start playback or change the sampling frequency?
With T5p is a small sound, tolerable but by switching to the hd800s, the sound is quite strong, annoying, and hurts me a little ear. Is it a defect?
With chord mojo, have not experienced anything, only a small sound by changing the frequency of sampling in songs, so ruled out the hd800s are damaged.
can someone support your experience with amp1 and hd800s?

and another doubt, these sounds of pop, crack have possibility to damage the headphone ? Perhaps you think I'm exaggerating, but I think it is a very strong sound, considering that I hear from 30-40 for hd800s and 10-20 in t5p
Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back