DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #8,176 of 22,021
Very much agreed - at least SQ-wise. As a portable, for me, device SQ is as good as it gets. Even with AMP1. I did not touch my Hugo since I received my DX200. With all due respect, I don't get giving out €3000+ for the source when there is DX200. I would spend that difference rather on a second hand Utopia or HE1000.

Featurewise for future models aptX-HD support is a must, I think. And more stable SW.

Still my head is spinning around the question "how will my Katana sound with AMP3". :)

agrre with you. hugo is good stuff but too much expensive(fr the price i prefere mojo). but the sound of dx200 combined with price and possibilities of use is a clearly winner

I'm kinda starting to see how DX200 can be a great replacement for a Hugo stack - although I still like Hugo. The thing is that all the detail Hugo has, is there with DX200. The more I listen, the more charmed I am by this amazing DAP!

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #8,177 of 22,021
MMMmm sugar. lol
There are many variables. You can only report what you hear and that is all we ask. I look forward to you trying the IT03 with the AMP3. I have tried the AMP3 with 8 ohm hybrid IEMs and do not get a change in bass character but there are a number of possibilities. What may look good on paper does not always come true. That is part of the fun, sometimes.

Its kind of funny really, and I mean that sincerely.

For 8-months I'd been using DX200 on its very first firmware single ended with Amp1 quite happily, doing my thing. (I had tried other firmware but prefer the original).

Get sent out this new Amp3, dig through draws, dust off my balanced cable, update to the latest firmware and now spent the last week juggling cables/amp/outputs trying to work out why my IEMs don't sound normal. :D

Just an end user experience. :wink: Atm I have changed the firmware and will try Amp3 on this tomorrow.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #8,178 of 22,021
I'm kinda starting to see how DX200 can be a great replacement for a Hugo stack - although I still like Hugo. The thing is that all the detail Hugo has, is there with DX200. The more I listen, the more charmed I am by this amazing DAP!
I am not trying to be cute but I find it a little frustrating. I enjoy equipment. That can be seen in my signature and I have over 5 times or more what is shown. Amps, daps, dacs etc. But now all I use is the 200 and my headphones sound open and layered. I mean, that is what I was after, right? But having built amps and even my own custom home dac, it is still hard to believe that a little dap, in comparison and a little amp section can do all that this does. So everything else remains off and I contemplate selling some equipment and letting someone else enjoy it. I have good stuff but I don't have the need for more equipment now. And who knows what is coming down the road?lol I can only speculate what else iBasso will do.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #8,180 of 22,021
well, i wrote in the past. sometimes i miss some kind of clarity or truthfulness of chord products, especially in some acoustic instruments. but in the other side i like so much the sound of ess chip. i think that we are in the same level with the due differences.
i´m sure of one thing. after many years with this stuffs, now i´m really quiet with dx-200 and i stopped the mental saws.
only i have to decide wheter to turn completely to iem or not :)

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #8,181 of 22,021
Has anyone tried Amp3 with Andromedas yet ? Still using Amp1 (balanced)and very happy with the pairing. Mainly using IT03 & Andromeda, wondering if it would be suitable to get the Amp3 card. Thanks for any info

Sep 4, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #8,182 of 22,021
Has anyone found a good type C USB cables to do digital out from Dx200 into a transport for desktop DAC ?

How about ANKER PowerLine+ ?

Sep 4, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #8,183 of 22,021
Has anyone found a good type C USB cables to do digital out from Dx200 into a transport for desktop DAC ?

I am really looking for anything that is an USB-C OTG,I have never seen one in commerce yet, don't know where to look for one....

well, i wrote in the past. sometimes i miss some kind of clarity or truthfulness of chord products, especially in some acoustic instruments. but in the other side i like so much the sound of ess chip. i think that we are in the same level with the due differences.
i´m sure of one thing. after many years with this stuffs, now i´m really quiet with dx-200 and i stopped the mental saws.
only i have to decide wheter to turn completely to iem or not :)

I'm glad that you managed to find a happy place with DX200 though!

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #8,184 of 22,021
I am really looking for anything that is an USB-C OTG,I have never seen one in commerce yet, don't know where to look for one....

Search in aliexpress.

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #8,186 of 22,021
Amazon has a number of usb C otg adapters. I've gotten several that work.

I'm glad that you managed to find a happy place with DX200 though!

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #8,188 of 22,021
So I'm understanding from this thread that Focal Elear and DX200 might be a perfect match for open backed headphones. Opinions?

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #8,189 of 22,021
Amazon has a number of usb C otg adapters. I've gotten several that work.

thank you, but there is only one problem there... I can't really order a ton of stuff from amazon, I need to mind how much I do this because Amazon does not exist in Romania, and there are some taxes (even the time needed to pick something up, I need almost an entire day off to pick a package with the schedule postage has in here :triportsad:)

On the bright side, it seems that there are a few such adapters that are entering Romanian market, but they are still scarce and only available on pre-order.

I know that this is not the right thread, and I know that I keep actually talking about DX200 and how much I like it in the FiiOmkii thread, but I'm actually in need of an answer here, so sorry to derail.

For USB-C to do OTG, Any kind of adapter that is USB-C to USB 3.0 Female will work? I mean, they don't need the OTG part in their name anymore>? I'm quite confused about this one

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #8,190 of 22,021
thank you, but there is only one problem there... I can't really order a ton of stuff from amazon, I need to mind how much I do this because Amazon does not exist in Romania, and there are some taxes (even the time needed to pick something up, I need almost an entire day off to pick a package with the schedule postage has in here :triportsad:)

On the bright side, it seems that there are a few such adapters that are entering Romanian market, but they are still scarce and only available on pre-order.

I know that this is not the right thread, and I know that I keep actually talking about DX200 and how much I like it in the FiiOmkii thread, but I'm actually in need of an answer here, so sorry to derail.

For USB-C to do OTG, Any kind of adapter that is USB-C to USB 3.0 Female will work? I mean, they don't need the OTG part in their name anymore>? I'm quite confused about this one

I think this could makes for a good argument to convince iBasso to release a set of their own rebranded accessories (cables, adapters, cases, screen protectors, etc) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back