DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #8,221 of 22,021
I enjoyed it right out of the box.
Out of the box the bass was deep & warm (compared to the Amp1), but the treble was strident.

As such burning it in to smooth out the highs.

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #8,223 of 22,021
Out of the box the bass was deep & warm (compared to the Amp1), but the treble was strident.

As such burning it in to smooth out the highs.
You got the AMP3s model. :^)

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #8,227 of 22,021
Yes, the DX200 makes noises when first starting the queue and changing sample rates... sometimes even when not changing sample rates @ 44.1. Yes, it could be headphone damaging or hearing damaging. No, it definitely is NOT normal for dac/amps to make these noises... especially not high end dac/amps. I've had an RSA dac/amp for years that never made this noise. I use a Benchmark DAC2 in my studio every day that doesn't make any noise whatsoever when switching sample rates. iBasso definitely needs to fix this problem... it's another example, along with the Mango software, of a few of the basic design components of the DX200 being substantially under developed. I love the DX200, but it's in spite of these basic flaws that a DAP of this purported calibre definitely should not exhibit.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #8,228 of 22,021
Yes, the DX200 makes noises when first starting the queue and changing sample rates... sometimes even when not changing sample rates @ 44.1. Yes, it could be headphone damaging or hearing damaging. No, it definitely is NOT normal for dac/amps to make these noises... especially not high end dac/amps. I've had an RSA dac/amp for years that never made this noise. I use a Benchmark DAC2 in my studio every day that doesn't make any noise whatsoever when switching sample rates. iBasso definitely needs to fix this problem... it's another example, along with the Mango software, of a few of the basic design components of the DX200 being substantially under developed. I love the DX200, but it's in spite of these basic flaws that a DAP of this purported calibre definitely should not exhibit.
Then contact iBasso. Things happen. I had a Leica camera that cost me 7,000$ that had to go back 3 times. Wasn't happy about it but it got fixed.

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #8,229 of 22,021
Then contact iBasso. Things happen. I had a Leica camera that cost me 7,000$ that had to go back 3 times. Wasn't happy about it but it got fixed.
No... it's definitely a component of the design. More than likely could be fixed with firmware/software. But like Mango... whether it will ever be totally fixed is unknown at this point.

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #8,230 of 22,021
IMG_1833.JPG

No... it's definitely a component of the design. More than likely could be fixed with firmware/software. But like Mango... whether it will ever be totally fixed is unknown at this point.
This is true, Mango player is a strange one for sure.

1/ these pops are only happening with Mango player app...probably a sour Mango ?
2/ earlier I reported sub-bass emphasizing if I left EQ function (off as default), but then when I ticked it on and leave as Custom and not using any bar, the sub-bass is more balanced....then playing with it a couple times and wired connection is no longer having this effect ? Weird...LOL

I followed what other people recommended. I installed APK pure and got me Neutron player. I couldn't install google play service though and google play store won't work without it, so I can't get my USB Player Pro now :frowning2:. However, damn! The Neutron player is so freaking "awesome" with DX200. There is no Pop/Crack...with Neutron player App ? LOL.

This leaves Mango as only needed when I want USB-DAC feature. Unless, anyone else found another way to use USB-DAC without Mango :D

**hell....not gonna complain about anything....can't believe this DX200+Amp3+Neutron Player. My Utopia is slamming at 95/150 volumes.
IMG_1836.JPG

Here is a fun thought in my mind though: if I never heard of DX200+amp3 out of my Utopia ever ? Blind folded me, and let me A/B between it and the WM1Z, then tell me that DX200 is an Unknown prototype that is aiming at 3k price range.....I would believe it...and what is worse ? I would eagerly waiting for it release....totally different signature from WM1Z, but just as good ? Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #8,232 of 22,021

I couldn't install google play service though and google play store won't work without it, so I can't get my USB Player Pro now :frowning2:. ...

You can just install Lurker0's modded firmware which will give you Play Store + a plethora of other nice benefits. Links and instructions are all contained within this thread.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #8,233 of 22,021
You can just install Lurker0's modded firmware which will give you Play Store + a plethora of other nice benefits. Links and instructions are all contained within this thread.
I tried this and I couldn't get Neutron to work ? Could not browse file directory or folder at all. Going to just factory reset and try everything again.

Edit: Now, it is working, but factory reset put it back into lurker firmware though...lol...whatever, as long as Neutron and other players work. I will play around with it later

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #8,234 of 22,021
I tried this and I couldn't get Neutron to work ? Could not browse file directory or folder at all
Neutron is a bit tricky to use. For directory browsing, it is required to set up source paths, then wait for some time for Neutron to scan media, without any visible progress indicator... In general, Neutron requires some time to learn and mean.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #8,235 of 22,021
Neutron is a bit tricky to use. For directory browsing, it is required to set up source paths, then wait for some time for Neutron to scan media, without any visible progress indicator... In general, Neutron requires some time to learn and mean.
Lurker, is there anyway to enable USB-DAC feature out of Mango ? I meant to use the dx200 as external DAC/amp to connect to iPad

I tried UAPP and this app will make DX200 click and pop as much as Mango app :D. Neutron is a better one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back