DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 17, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #20,971 of 22,021
great review anakChan

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #20,972 of 22,021
Cheers. I truly believe the community here has really contributed a significant proportion of the DX200 success - and iBasso has made it easy to do so with their forward thinking design & open mindedness to firmware customization & DIY pioneers.

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #20,973 of 22,021
guys are there any news about the AMP9 with tubes? I couldnt find anything using the search function..

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Steve

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #20,974 of 22,021
Hello !

No big issue:
iBasso does not allow registering to a google account. So "Google Music Player" only works unregistered. I do not use it so often but I uploaded 400Gb onto it (shame on my carbon footprint).
Is there a way to turn around that ?
I think Lurker0's firmware upgrade would solve it with Google Play Services but I am not sure and a little scared. Should I ?
That firmware change would probably solve the problem of sound level change after a while when the screen is off ?

For instance, I am trying to buy the "USB Audio Player Pro" app because I want to use the MorphIt headphones simulator. I want to compare the good Sonarworks True-Fi with MorphIt. Also the "USB Audio Player Pro" seems to have a better interface than "Mango" (smaller font, more options and maybe less tiny bugs).

How would you buy an android application without registering ? Download the apk file manually ?

Thank you !

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #20,975 of 22,021
Hello !

No big issue:
iBasso does not allow registering to a google account. So "Google Music Player" only works unregistered. I do not use it so often but I uploaded 400Gb onto it (shame on my carbon footprint).
Is there a way to turn around that ?
I think Lurker0's firmware upgrade would solve it with Google Play Services but I am not sure and a little scared. Should I ?
That firmware change would probably solve the problem of sound level change after a while when the screen is off ?

For instance, I am trying to buy the "USB Audio Player Pro" app because I want to use the MorphIt headphones simulator. I want to compare the good Sonarworks True-Fi with MorphIt. Also the "USB Audio Player Pro" seems to have a better interface than "Mango" (smaller font, more options and maybe less tiny bugs).

How would you buy an android application without registering ? Download the apk file manually ?

Thank you !
Prior to updating my DX200 to Oreo, I used UAPP on my HTC10 and purchasd the Morphit option. After updating my DX200 to Oreo and installing Lurker's add-on, I was able to update UAPP on the DX200 via Play Store. Morphit is now working perfectly as is the MQA decoding, which was an additional $3.99 add-on to the UAPP app.
UAPP allows me to play anything in my sd card library as well as my Tidal library. It also has a user-configurable cross-feed option.

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #20,977 of 22,021
Prior to updating my DX200 to Oreo, I used UAPP on my HTC10 and purchasd the Morphit option. After updating my DX200 to Oreo and installing Lurker's add-on, I was able to update UAPP on the DX200 via Play Store. Morphit is now working perfectly as is the MQA decoding, which was an additional $3.99 add-on to the UAPP app.
UAPP allows me to play anything in my sd card library as well as my Tidal library. It also has a user-configurable cross-feed option.
Super nice ! jerick70 also answered me on the "iBasso DX200 (2016) Impressions and Discussion Thread" - page 3

I now have some issues installing Lurker's add-on with AndroidTool on Mac VMware Windows. I already upgraded the DX200 that way and it worked fine. I have Android 8.1.0 with build number 1.05.036 as required. "Supported API: 3".

This time, I downloaded DX200-A8.1-L1.16.zip from Lurker00's github. I run AndroidTool from Windows and it sees my DX200 by plugging it while pressing the "play" button. The DX200 shows a menu with several options. And AndroidTool says it found "One ADB Device".

Pressing RUN in AndroidTool gives me the following error: "Match device type failed, stop running!"

Is that because I am running a virtual Windows ? Even though AndroidTool apparently sees the device. Or should I select something in the recovery mode menu of the DX200 ? Reboot to bootloader for instance ?

Thanks !!

PS: I love the minimalistic design of the menu of the DX200 in that recovery mode. I wish it would always look like this. This is one reason I am happy about the possibility to boot in the more minimal Mango mode.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #20,978 of 22,021
Super nice ! jerick70 also answered me on the "iBasso DX200 (2016) Impressions and Discussion Thread" - page 3

I now have some issues installing Lurker's add-on with AndroidTool on Mac VMware Windows. I already upgraded the DX200 that way and it worked fine. I have Android 8.1.0 with build number 1.05.036 as required. "Supported API: 3".

This time, I downloaded DX200-A8.1-L1.16.zip from Lurker00's github. I run AndroidTool from Windows and it sees my DX200 by plugging it while pressing the "play" button. The DX200 shows a menu with several options. And AndroidTool says it found "One ADB Device".

Pressing RUN in AndroidTool gives me the following error: "Match device type failed, stop running!"

Is that because I am running a virtual Windows ? Even though AndroidTool apparently sees the device. Or should I select something in the recovery mode menu of the DX200 ? Reboot to bootloader for instance ?

Thanks !!

PS: I love the minimalistic design of the menu of the DX200 in that recovery mode. I wish it would always look like this. This is one reason I am happy about the possibility to boot in the more minimal Mango mode.
You shouldn't see Andriod recovery at all when doing this update. The DX200 screen should be blank. If I remember correctly you should 1) turn your DX200 all the way off. 2) Press the play button and hold until you plug the usb cable in. 3) Still holding the play button... Plug-in the usb cable to your DX200 and then into the PC

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #20,979 of 22,021
Dear jerick70,

I tried again and still get the "recovery mode" when pressing the PLAY button then plugging in the USB.
AndroidTool says it found "One ADB Device" but it gives the "Match device type failed, stop running!" error message.
If I remember well, I think I once updated the device using this USB technique from a downloaded file on the iBasso website, then I did another update online.

I currently have Android 8.1.0 with build number 1.05.036. It also says "Supported API: 3" in the recovery mode. I do not know if they changed their API in between.

For information, the menu is:
- Reboot system now
- Apply update from ADB
- Apply update from SD card
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mount /system
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Power off
- Apply update from USB card

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #20,980 of 22,021
Dear jerick70,

I tried again and still get the "recovery mode" when pressing the PLAY button then plugging in the USB.
AndroidTool says it found "One ADB Device" but it gives the "Match device type failed, stop running!" error message.
If I remember well, I think I once updated the device using this USB technique from a downloaded file on the iBasso website, then I did another update online.

I currently have Android 8.1.0 with build number 1.05.036. It also says "Supported API: 3" in the recovery mode. I do not know if they changed their API in between.

- Reboot system now
- Apply update from ADB
- Wipe cache partition
- Mount /system
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Power off
You can try the update from an SD Card. Just follow Lurker's instructions @ the below link....

https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-Firmware-Add-on/tree/master/FirmwareUpdater

Here is a link to the package for the update - https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-F.../download/v1.16/DX200-A8.1-L1.16-sdupdate.zip

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #20,981 of 22,021
Dear jerick70,

- Reboot system now
- Apply update from ADB
- Wipe cache partition
- Mount /system
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Power off

I had exactly the same problem. I was trying to install the update from my Surface Pro and eventually worked out that the USB port of the Surface Pro couldn't provide the power the DX200 was trying to draw and so the USB bus kept resetting. I tried again from a laptop and it worked fine.

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #20,983 of 22,021
Hello, currently on Oreo and .16 Lurker mod and Amp8, anyone else experienced the dx200 shutting down randomly?

I have done factory reset and reflashed Oreo/lurker.

I had the problem with random shutting down on my DX200 as well, Paul asked me to send my unit to iBasso to check up. They changed the battery after the inspection. Sent on 26 Feb, still waiting my device to sent back from China.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #20,984 of 22,021
Hello, currently on Oreo and .16 Lurker mod and Amp8, anyone else experienced the dx200 shutting down randomly?

My DX200 was like that a few months back, so contacted IBasso wrt to this issue. They sent me a new battery FOC and installed it myself, pretty easy job. Its working as brand new now.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #20,985 of 22,021

I had this problem too and took my time staging it. Try doing the factory reset again, and reflash with iBasso’s stock Oreo but don’t add on Lurker0’s L1.16 patch. This stopped my random shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back