DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #20,956 of 22,021
Can anyone confirm that the filters are working with lurker modification for latest android 8?
Installed it but the filters would not work, restart didn't help either so I went back to stock firmware.

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #20,957 of 22,021
go buy better Astell&Kern than ibasso! ibasso DX200 nothing support Tidal, and mango is blank player with bugged equalizer and not function filters! AK true support Tidal in stock menu and sound with tidal much better than poor blank player iBasso DX 200!! https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/main/
I have the app for Tidal on my DX200 and it works fine. And unless you pay more than 3 times what the DX200 costs, the AK doesn't have the sound quality to equal the DX200. No issues with the Tidal use, just have to use the app. And AK doesn't offer the amp modules like the DX200 does, which adds to a huge versatility over them. Anyway, enjoy what you have

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #20,958 of 22,021
I have the app for Tidal on my DX200 and it works fine. And unless you pay more than 3 times what the DX200 costs, the AK doesn't have the sound quality to equal the DX200. No issues with the Tidal use, just have to use the app. And AK doesn't offer the amp modules like the DX200 does, which adds to a huge versatility over them. Anyway, enjoy what you have
Anyway, enjoy what you have? flat sound? not work filters? i have poor ibasso DX 2OO, flac files work better than AK but Tidal or spotify, not good work in dx2OO!! sound is BIG FLAT!!! other download EQ apps not work in ibasso!! sound cracking!! I must buy spotify or Tidal albums in qobuz store! (flac quality) to download https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/shop

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #20,959 of 22,021
Anyway, enjoy what you have? flat sound? not work filters? i have poor ibasso DX 2OO, flac files work better than AK and Tidal or spotify, not good work in dx2OO!! sound is BIG FLAT!!! other download EQ apps not in ibasso!! I must buy spotify or Tidal albums in qobuz store! (flac quality) to download https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/shop
Then sell it.

I don't get flat sound and have compared it to the top of the line AK and have the Sony WM1Z. The DX200 is right there and it is very dynamic, layered and transparent. I would get your DX200 checked out. Right now I am using it as a source into the Jade II amp and Jade II electrostatic headphones, excellent as a source, with line out. Also excellent into the MZ3 or straight out of the AMP8 etc. But I would sell yours or get it checked out.

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #20,960 of 22,021
go buy better Astell&Kern than ibasso! ibasso DX200 nothing support Tidal, and mango is blank player with bugged equalizer and not function filters! AK true support Tidal in stock menu and sound with tidal much better than poor blank player iBasso DX 200!! https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/main/

Mario I’m not sure where you’re going with this but if there are literally thousands of very very happy iBasso customers and “you” are having an issue that no one else has had.

Then it’s you.

A&K don’t come anywhere near the sound quality of the DX200Ti and the only one that can costs over TWICE as much. As @jamato8 said above...you don’t get different AMP modules to customize the player to your liking...you don’t get anywhere near the service that iBasso gives...and you don’t get the sheer customization that you do with the DX200 line.

Again, basic scientific theory. If you are the only one with the claims of how crappy the player is and it’s not replicated all over the spectrum...

It’s a user issue not a player issue.

Enjoy your AK.

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #20,961 of 22,021

Errrrm did I just read that right? A&K having a better EQ than something else?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #20,962 of 22,021
Ermmm did I just read that right? A&K having a better EQ than something else?

Yes! AK have no problem produced dynamic clear sound in Spotify or Tidal apps! iBasso in new firmware is big fail, filters not work, EQ after go to next song again and again autosetup flat position, Tidal or Spotify in DX200 is fail have big flat no dynamic present details!! sound is overshadow without clear air trebles and present details in ZEN or REIKI music! other downloaded EQ apps not work in ibasso!! sound cracking!! AMP 8 sound is good with my balanced cables, but still is not better dynamic sound than my iPhone 6 or AK in Spotify or Tidal app (sound compare with DX 200!) only flac files work in DX200 better and produced excellent present clear dynamic sound than others all players! I go sell? Yes!! who?? where??

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #20,963 of 22,021
Don't even bother, the guy is talking like a troll. Last time I saw his post, he was ranting about something and was going to sell his dap. The next day, he apologized and bla bla bla. In the end, he still keeps it anyway

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #20,964 of 22,021
I thought about adding him to an ignore list, assuming it exists. But part of me doesn't want to miss out on how hilarious this guy is. He's a good laugh so I'll keep getting full entertainment from him and my DX200 with AMP4 feeding my recently purchased on-the-go full size portable headphone, D9200. What a beautiful day/night!

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #20,965 of 22,021
Here is some humour for you guys. I want to copy the music in my MacBook to an SD Card to use in my DX200. I have a brand new SanDisk Ultra that comes in ExFat format already.

I have the SD Card attached to the MackBook. When I try to drag the music into the SD Card folder, I get an "(Error Code -43)" message. Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #20,966 of 22,021
Would I put the SD Card into the DX200 and then use Android Transfer?

Mar 17, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #20,970 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back