DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #20,942 of 22,021
Sorry for goofing up my replies. The player was off when i swapped amps. It wouldnt boot up at all so I put It on charge. It would start to boot then the Ibasso logo would appear then shut down. Do I need Oreo to use amp8 ?

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #20,945 of 22,021
Well, it is about time for many DX200 with dead battery now :), it is all within the limited longevity of Lithium. Luckily, it is cheap to replace, and Ibasso can be reached out to, very easily
Dead as in drained, I can charge it. I tried to boot it up with another amp and it showed i had little or no juice.
This is what confused me. I came home last night and turned my player off and set it down. I didnt notice the battery power. So i received amp8 today and hooked it up. I wouldnt boot all the way but it would show the battery was half charge. Hooking up amp4s sorted me out.

On a side note. I am truely grateful to the members of this forum. You guys have really helped me out on my audiophile journey.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #20,946 of 22,021
I started to do another AMP1ti clone the other day but wanted to try and improve on it, so i've been trying various caps and i'm amazed at the result. I've had turn the bass down on the EQ ( I had it pretty high) :L3000:

Instead of using what ibasso chose for the AMP1ti
1 x Nichicon FW 1000uf 6.3v
1 x Toshin Kogyo 220uf 10v
4 x Panasonic HD 100uf 16v

It sounds logical now but I ended up with
1 x Nichicon KW 1000uf 16v
1 x Toshin Kogyo 330uf 16v
4 x Panasonic HD 100uf 16v (tried several others)
+TDK Sheets on ICs

For Reference, stock amp1 uses 2 x Nichicon FW 470uf only

AMP1ti(clone+)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #20,947 of 22,021
Has anyone ever had an issue with the Amp modules? I have been only listening to AMP 5 for quite awhile. Recently I tried out AMP4s for a change, after listening I thought I would try AMP 1 reference. When I turned it on all I got was white noise. I changed out the amp to AMP 3 same issue, then changed to AMP2 still same issue, I then went back to AMP 5 and it works fine. Tried AMP 4s again this time just static. Using AMP5 no issues. Any suggestions??

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #20,948 of 22,021
Has anyone ever had an issue with the Amp modules? I have been only listening to AMP 5 for quite awhile. Recently I tried out AMP4s for a change, after listening I thought I would try AMP 1 reference. When I turned it on all I got was white noise. I changed out the amp to AMP 3 same issue, then changed to AMP2 still same issue, I then went back to AMP 5 and it works fine. Tried AMP 4s again this time just static. Using AMP5 no issues. Any suggestions??

Change the earphones you are using and/or cable to test if this is related to earphones. Crazy, but but I had some issues with the Noble Khan running balanced out of the Amp 8 and running Khan balanced using better quality cables. All I heard was noise.

Mar 13, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #20,949 of 22,021
That is weird and I have all the amps. I would try a factory reset on the DX or a FW reinstall and a reset.

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #20,951 of 22,021
Change the earphones you are using and/or cable to test if this is related to earphones. Crazy, but but I had some issues with the Noble Khan running balanced out of the Amp 8 and running Khan balanced using better quality cables. All I heard was noise.
Yes, I did face this problem before. The odd thing happened to mine was it only happen on balanced... (including 4.4). I spent some time testing it at distributor shop, Zeppelin & Co. in Singapore but still could not figure out what was the cause. In the end, we had no choice but to send back to iBasso. With my warranty still within period, they replaced a new set for me if I remember correctly.

So my best advise is to send it back. don't waste further time like I did. All the best.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #20,953 of 22,021
Sorry I refer things from fiio post. But it might involve with android dap dx150/200

Google services will be disabled for android7,8?

Screenshot_20190313_160722_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #20,954 of 22,021

It happened sometime to me for amp4.

But I fixed by changing from android mode to mango mode. And then come back to android. The white noise gone.

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #20,955 of 22,021
I have no idea to be honest. I followed the instructions you gave me back then, I think it was about a year ago. It all works great apart from Offline Tidal , and that is the main reason I have a DAP.
go buy better Astell&Kern than ibasso! ibasso DX200 nothing support Tidal, and mango is blank player with bugged equalizer and not function filters! AK true support Tidal in stock menu and sound with tidal much better than poor blank player iBasso DX 200!! https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/main/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back