DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 9, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #20,912 of 22,021
Capture+_2019-03-10-07-09-14~3.png

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #20,918 of 22,021
Mar 9, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #20,919 of 22,021
The DX220 is mostly guesswork at this point, but from the information that is trickling out, I wonder if SQ is not the primary focus of the upgrade.

No mention has been made yet of newer DACs, which seems implausible(?) The faster DRAM might be useful for other functionality the 220 will offer. The improved inductors will not be meaningful if you switch out the amp.

Is the description of the oscillators indicating an upgrade to the clock in the DX200?

Nevertheless, I do hope for improved SQ in the 220, and then, of course, I hope for a 220EX.

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #20,921 of 22,021
Hi guys I am looking for some feedback if possible. I have had my dx200 for over a year now and it has been flawless . If I am honest I don’t use it a lot and it’s almost exclusively used for TIDAL now. Offline tidal is a must as it will be primarily used when on my holidays. So I have a little issue. I am in Vietnam on my holidays and the albums I have downloaded from TIDAL stop playing. They play for a little while say an hour or so and then the listening becomes impossible. So I do a reboot and this helps , but only for a short while.

Does anyone else have this issue. It’s a huge blow as I am away and my music and the beach are what my break is all about. luckily I have some FLAC files too but the reason I have a DAP is for my holiday use

Can anyone help me with this please ?

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #20,922 of 22,021
Can anyone help me with this please ?
Do you have the DX200 in airplane mode and with WiFi off?

My only guess is your Tidal app may be trying to stream the offline files instead of play locally for some reason.

I use Tidal offline frequently and haven't had that issue so far.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #20,923 of 22,021
Do you have the DX200 in airplane mode and with WiFi off?

My only guess is your Tidal app may be trying to stream the offline files instead of play locally for some reason.

I use Tidal offline frequently and haven't had that issue so far.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have used it offline quite a lot too with no issues, but this was in the UK.
It would definitely not been in airplane mode and I think the WiFi would have been on,, but I can’t be sure .
It was also problematic whilst trying to go on tidal when I was in the hotel room,.it would just not connect to the WiFi . Whereas the tidal app worked flawlessly on the iPhone I had with me too.
I may sell the DX200 to be honest as it does not get used enough really and in that case is a bit of a luxury, and especially as it let me down on my holidays which is when I will use it most
I will experiment with it at home and see if it happens here now.
Just one thing are you suggesting I turn the WiFi off when I use offline music ?

Mar 10, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #20,924 of 22,021
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have used it offline quite a lot too with no issues, but this was in the UK.
It would definitely not been in airplane mode and I think the WiFi would have been on,, but I can’t be sure .
It was also problematic whilst trying to go on tidal when I was in the hotel room,.it would just not connect to the WiFi . Whereas the tidal app worked flawlessly on the iPhone I had with me too.
I may sell the DX200 to be honest as it does not get used enough really and in that case is a bit of a luxury, and especially as it let me down on my holidays which is when I will use it most
I will experiment with it at home and see if it happens here now.
Just one thing are you suggesting I turn the WiFi off when I use offline music ?
I would suggest using it in Airplane mode and with WiFi off just to prevent it from trying to stream anything, as if it does and you have a bad connection it might not work. Mine is in airplane mode by default 100% of the time just to prevent any noise interference anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back