DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jan 5, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #1,473 of 2,483
Thank you for the feedback, unfortunately I’m in Australia so not really be able to take advantage of overseas shopping hence the reference to effect audio.
Neo

Ah, got it. You can't go wrong with the Ares S then.

The DUNU DK-3001 Pros are by far my favorite IEM so far. They're comfortable and sound great. The clarity in the mid-range is amazing, and packs a ton of punch with most genres.

Cheers lil bro!

Jan 6, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #1,474 of 2,483
Hi, I have a DUNU titan S that I bought mid of last year and didn't listen to it much.

Took it out the other day and I notice that the volume on it is quite soft. I often have to use around 20-30 on windows to listen at my usual listening level, while my other earphones like BLON BL03, tanchjim tanya are comforatable around 10-15.
Is there anything wrong with my set? is the titan s harder to drive that the other 2 that I mentioned?

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #1,475 of 2,483
Hi, I have a DUNU titan S that I bought mid of last year and didn't listen to it much.

Took it out the other day and I notice that the volume on it is quite soft. I often have to use around 20-30 on windows to listen at my usual listening level, while my other earphones like BLON BL03, tanchjim tanya are comforatable around 10-15.
Is there anything wrong with my set? is the titan s harder to drive that the other 2 that I mentioned?
Looking at the numbers, the Titan S should be actually easier to drive than the BL03 (for instance). Maybe you aren't getting as good of a fit/seal? Or maybe your cable is offering more resistance??? Are they balanced sounding (the same level is coming from both sides)?

Jan 6, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #1,476 of 2,483
Looking at the numbers, the Titan S should be actually easier to drive than the BL03 (for instance). Maybe you aren't getting as good of a fit/seal? Or maybe your cable is offering more resistance??? Are they balanced sounding (the same level is coming from both sides)?
Yes, hey are getting a very good seal, almost vacuum like and i had to adjust to loosen them up abit after a while due to the uncomfortable pressure. (using spinfit cp100 tips).
I was using the cable it comes with , swapped to the same cable that BLON BL03 was using (faaeel hibiscus cable) and the volume is still soft.

Jan 6, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #1,477 of 2,483
Yes, hey are getting a very good seal, almost vacuum like and i had to adjust to loosen them up abit after a while due to the uncomfortable pressure. (using spinfit cp100 tips).
I was using the cable it comes with , swapped to the same cable that BLON BL03 was using (faaeel hibiscus cable) and the volume is still soft.
Try and listen/compare on a different source if you can?!

Jan 7, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,478 of 2,483
Few IEMs captured my imagination more than the famous planar-BA hybrid from Dunu. Finally. Finally. I have laid my hands on Talos. How do they sound? You can find out on head-fi or my blog.

My experience with Talos mirrors my previous experience with Dunu Vulkan. I walked away from the listening sessions with an almost empty feeling. That does not mean that Talos is not good. No, it’s an elegant-sounding and handsome-looking IEM. I just expected more, especially from the BA gimmick.

Pros:
  • Clean, clear, open midrange
  • Highlighted but not overly cooked treble (in planar mode)
  • Excellent build quality and packaging
Cons:
  • The BA gimmick is not usable
  • Bass lacks dynamic swings and impacts
  • The soundstage could be deeper for a more 3D presentation
Talos_summary.JPG

@Sebastien Chiu Talos is indeed a tough nut at 16ohm, 100db.

Jan 7, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #1,479 of 2,483
Few IEMs captured my imagination more than the famous planar-BA hybrid from Dunu. Finally. Finally. I have laid my hands on Talos. How do they sound? You can find out on head-fi or my blog.

@Sebastien Chiu Talos is indeed a tough nut at 16ohm, 100db.
If you haven’t done your impressions on a balanced source then you’re not getting the best impression of any planar IEM.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,480 of 2,483
Don't agree, if your amp has as good single ended output as balanced and the output power is enough you can not hear any difference.

Problem arrives when many of the amps being made has a cleaner or better output on the balanced jacks. Also the higher power output makes you believe it sounds better, just my two cents.

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #1,481 of 2,483
Considering the Euclid is almost 10x the price of the Talos, the diminishing returns are very very huge. It is not 10x or even 2x better IMHO. Possibly it is just chasing a few % improvement for 10x the price.
I'm going to be completely honest...that's how this hobby goes. Everything at the Euclid's price point is like that.

Jan 9, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,482 of 2,483
Don't agree, if your amp has as good single ended output as balanced and the output power is enough you can not hear any difference.

Problem arrives when many of the amps being made has a cleaner or better output on the balanced jacks. Also the higher power output makes you believe it sounds better, just my two cents.
^this.

So many people think that automatically balanced=better but that is huge misunderstandment.

Jan 9, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,483 of 2,483
^this.

So many people think that automatically balanced=better but that is huge misunderstandment.
While I totally agree, the problem is that most DAP and DAC/amp makers (especially on the budget side), just don't implement 3.5 SE very well. If it is implemented well, then that is another story altogether. :)

Jan 9, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,484 of 2,483
Funny thing is I definitely was in the “single-ended is all you really need for an IEM, you don’t need balanced” camp. But my opinion has changed and there are times when more current has made a difference for my experience.

I don’t hold any opinions that tips, sources, cables etc. can’t make a difference to the user experience, whether it’s scientific and measurable or not. I treat balanced/single-ended the same.

Wasn’t about ruffling feathers, or anything. Just a suggestion to try something different if they hadn’t before. Stand down with the pitchforks

Jan 9, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,485 of 2,483
Cheers for working things out on your own all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back