DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Dec 12, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #1,441 of 2,571
Edit: 2X post.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #1,442 of 2,571
Dec 12, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #1,443 of 2,571
Dec 12, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #1,444 of 2,571
1670852260860.png

Dunu Talos is the probably the most beautifully crafted planar IEMs I've tried so far. They also probably sound the best among the current lot (excluding Audeze's LCD-i series for obvious reasons).

Dec 15, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #1,445 of 2,571
DSCF1768_Large~3.jpg
DSCF1766_Large~2.jpg
DSCF1764_Large~2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,446 of 2,571
Dunu SA6, first off what a nice IEM with excellent modular cable. Had big anticipation for what design that was going to show up, liked the outcome. Clean and not over the top.

Sound is remarkable,natural and clean tonality while not being boring. Way too early for my full impression :L3000: .

Thanks again to the people who helped me in deciding on SA6.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #1,447 of 2,571
Dec 15, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,448 of 2,571
Will have more time this weekend, the few hours with SA6 today has been good.

Very detailed, good imaging and the BA bass is fast and tight.

Is it as any need burnin inn the SA6s BA drivers?

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #1,449 of 2,571

BAs dont need as much burn in as dynamics or planars. Its always a good idea to run your new IEMs in with some music to get them nice n loose however. No harm in it.

I would just use them and listen to some music. That is the best burn in of all.

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #1,450 of 2,571
Thanks I'll do a quick one over the night then just use them👍

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #1,451 of 2,571
Enjoying mine as well, though if ever the og SA6 has less air and extension as the Ultras then I have to admit I won't settle on those. These just have the right mix and balance compared to those within its price bracket.

IMG_20221208_145114.jpg

These are sensitive enough to be driven direct but the M15 squeezes every ounce of detail and dynamics from this pair with no hiss at low gain.

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,452 of 2,571
I got the Dunu SA6 the same day as the cheap Moondrop Quarks DSP. Hard to enjoy the Quarks after listening to SA6, but that's to expect going 15$.

I already know this is a keeper, my new neutral sounding standard. Last month I rocked my beloved Penon Serial, Serial has this perfect balance and tone and thick warm vintage sound. This also has that balance and timbre, just in in a clear, detailed and modern way. Very good complimenting IEM to the Serial. Almost like when you compare a modern Yamaha piano to Kawai, both are great but the Yamaha does go better with most modern music while the Kawai is killer with old pieces.

The soundstage and imaging is really good, some might disagree(read somewhere that was the con with SA6). For me I feel its not as in your head as most IEMs also very revealing on picking up where sounds is positioned.

Another note had a few matches in a shooter game today. Its very revealing on picking up the sound's while not being to aggressive in the treble killing your eardrums while firing the assault rifle. A very nice balance and probably the best gaming IEM I have tried, usually I stick to headphones for this.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #1,453 of 2,571
1670852260860.png

Dunu Talos is the probably the most beautifully crafted planar IEMs I've tried so far. They also probably sound the best among the current lot (excluding Audeze's LCD-i series for obvious reasons).

Cheers for the beautiful photos. I can't wait for your full review!

Dunu SA6, first off what a nice IEM with excellent modular cable. Had big anticipation for what design that was going to show up, liked the outcome. Clean and not over the top.

Sound is remarkable,natural and clean tonality while not being boring. Way too early for my full impression :L3000: .

Thanks again to the people who helped me in deciding on SA6.

Glad you love it. Thanks for the photos!

BAs dont need as much burn in as dynamics or planars. Its always a good idea to run your new IEMs in with some music to get them nice n loose however. No harm in it.

I would just use them and listen to some music. That is the best burn in of all.

Correct - BAs don't need much burn-in at all.

Enjoying mine as well, though if ever the og SA6 has less air and extension as the Ultras then I have to admit I won't settle on those. These just have the right mix and balance compared to those within its price bracket.

IMG_20221208_145114.jpg

These are sensitive enough to be driven direct but the M15 squeezes every ounce of detail and dynamics from this pair with no hiss at low gain.

I love that blue! Glad you enjoy them!

I got the Dunu SA6 the same day as the cheap Moondrop Quarks DSP. Hard to enjoy the Quarks after listening to SA6, but that's to expect going 15$.

I already know this is a keeper, my new neutral sounding standard. Last month I rocked my beloved Penon Serial, Serial has this perfect balance and tone and thick warm vintage sound. This also has that balance and timbre, just in in a clear, detailed and modern way. Very good complimenting IEM to the Serial. Almost like when you compare a modern Yamaha piano to Kawai, both are great but the Yamaha does go better with most modern music while the Kawai is killer with old pieces.

The soundstage and imaging is really good, some might disagree(read somewhere that was the con with SA6). For me I feel its not as in your head as most IEMs also very revealing on picking up where sounds is positioned.

Another note had a few matches in a shooter game today. Its very revealing on picking up the sound's while not being to aggressive in the treble killing your eardrums while firing the assault rifle. A very nice balance and probably the best gaming IEM I have tried, usually I stick to headphones for this.

Yes, the SA6 is a super underrated choice for gaming! Glad you're diversifying with what you're trying them with!

Dec 19, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #1,454 of 2,571
Hey everyone,

DUNU is excited to continue our sale season with one more special price drop for our products for the next week.

For pricing, see below:

EARPHONES

Kima 99.99
Talos 179.99
Titan S 69.99
Vulkan 329.99
Falcon Pro 164.99
SA6 479.99
Zen pro 649.99​

CASES

Leather case DCO01 39.99
Leather case DCO02 34.39
Leather case DCO06L 55.99​

CABLES

CHORD 159.99
DUW-03 149.99
HULK PRO 259.99​

These prices are only available on our direct shop which you can go to purchase from here.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays from the rest of the DUNU team to you.

You'll hear more about some more information about new things coming from us in January!

Dec 20, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,455 of 2,571
Received the Dunu Kima. Feels uncanny to see a Dunu IEM with waifu cover-art lol.

As for the sound, generally warm and inoffensive. Timbre is quite nice. Still early days, but I feel this isn't very resolving (tuning choices seem to indicate that timbre and easy listening were the priorities).

2X2A0071.jpg

The carrying case inside mine came without the letter "U". No big deal but it looks a bit odd haha.

2X2A0072.jpg

2X2A0073.jpg

2X2A0077.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back