DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Dec 20, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #1,457 of 2,571
Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #1,458 of 2,571
img_20221222_005850.jpg

My review of the DUNU KIMA is out and can be found here. Thanks for reading and merry x-mas! :santa:

Cheers sir and look forward to working with you on the next one!

Dec 22, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #1,459 of 2,571
Dec 23, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #1,460 of 2,571
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #1,462 of 2,571
Can anyone compare the EST 112 to the Fiio FH9 or FH7 (the first one, not FH7S)?

Dec 26, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #1,464 of 2,571
Dec 27, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #1,465 of 2,571
Are we getting a release roundup for 2023 similar to that which was posted out last year? Actually really appreciated the information when I saw it.

Dec 27, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #1,466 of 2,571
Are we getting a release roundup for 2023 similar to that which was posted out last year? Actually really appreciated the information when I saw it.

Yes, we're still planning on providing this - it might be a little later than usual this year.

Dec 28, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #1,468 of 2,571
Anybody can shed some light on the major differences between Audeze Euclid and the Dunu Talos, apart from the price.
Neo

The Euclid is a pure planar, whereas the Talos can be converted to a hybrid (BA + planar) or a pure planar with a switch. So in essence the Talos is a bit more versatile as it has the hybrid option in the pocket, which converts it to a treblehead on steroids tuning, which is very resolving.

If we compare apples to oranges and remove the hybrid configuration from the conversation, if you compare the pure planar config of the Talos against the Euclid, the Euclid is perhaps more resolving with better soundstage. The Euclid and pure planar config of the Talos share a similar U shaped tonality, but the Euclid has a bit more restrained upper mids, but more lower treble quantity.

The Euclid is much harder to drive though, amplification is recommended, whereas the Talos can be driven off weaker sources.

Considering the Euclid is almost 10x the price of the Talos, the diminishing returns are very very huge. It is not 10x or even 2x better IMHO. Possibly it is just chasing a few % improvement for 10x the price.

Dec 28, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #1,469 of 2,571
Currently have Audiofly af1120 with effect audio Eros 2 and looking at something totally different. I done the same with my headphones ie have dynamic like hd650 and Hifiman Ananda.
So wondering if I’m heading in the right direction with talos?
Also what effect audio cable would one go for as a possible upgrade?
Neo

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #1,470 of 2,571
The Euclid is a pure planar, whereas the Talos can be converted to a hybrid (BA + planar) or a pure planar with a switch. So in essence the Talos is a bit more versatile as it has the hybrid option in the pocket, which converts it to a treblehead on steroids tuning, which is very resolving.

If we compare apples to oranges and remove the hybrid configuration from the conversation, if you compare the pure planar config of the Talos against the Euclid, the Euclid is perhaps more resolving with better soundstage. The Euclid and pure planar config of the Talos share a similar U shaped tonality, but the Euclid has a bit more restrained upper mids, but more lower treble quantity.

The Euclid is much harder to drive though, amplification is recommended, whereas the Talos can be driven off weaker sources.

Considering the Euclid is almost 10x the price of the Talos, the diminishing returns are very very huge. It is not 10x or even 2x better IMHO. Possibly it is just chasing a few % improvement for 10x the price.

This is very accurate and funny, considering the Talos is more challenging to drive than the vast majority of our IEMs
Currently have Audiofly af1120 with effect audio Eros 2 and looking at something totally different. I done the same with my headphones ie have dynamic like hd650 and Hifiman Ananda.
So wondering if I’m heading in the right direction with talos?
Also what effect audio cable would one go for as a possible upgrade?
Neo

Yes, Talos would be in the right direction if you're looking for something completely different from what you mentioned.

As far as an upgrade cable, check out these:

https://elementechnology.com/collections/virtues-series/products/fortitude

From us:

https://www.dunu-topsound.com/product-page/duw-02s-cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back