DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jul 8, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #676 of 2,381
I’m continuing to use the VULKAN everyday. Tonight I’m using wide-bore tips to make the stage even bigger. The bass is still fantastic and not really diminished at all, or at least it is correct and to my liking.

I simply can’t get over how different this is from any IEM I’ve ever encountered. The bass actually has a swaying and serpentine like groove that I just can’t enough of. There is such good separation of all elements, it reminds me of a stereo from along time ago, yet only in personality, as it’s way different being way clearer of course. But I can’t put my finger-on how the bass is. It’s so nice. Especially for rock. Just mesmerizing. It may be one of most favorite IEMs ever (I’m serious). Just for the laidbackness and the way the sub-bass comes out only when those frequencies are in the recording. The way the rest kind of falls in the perfect place in the soundstage! They are a guitar reproducing IEM. They make guitar sound so real and spot on. Crunchy but clear! It is strange their affinity for strings? So special!

Using included cable, 4.4mm from the Walkman 1A with MrWalkmans firmware Midnight V2 (for 1A) Plus V1 mode. I switch between normal and Plus V1 mode. Processor direct.

By far the best DUNU I’ve heard! Pure rock and roll IEMs! Cheers!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #678 of 2,381
E55A3E39-2D99-4AAA-B270-048325643611.jpeg

Blind buy, not a reviewer so don’t take my word too much, but sa4 quite good at least far better than my yume:midnight in most aspect other than warmth and bass, sa4 sounds open and clear made my midnight feels compressed, but sadly i’m not good with all ba iems as this will be my last blind buy all ba’s, my problem still persist if you ever read my post in sony ier m9’s thread, when using silicone there is still suction and my left ear sounds louder than the right side, while foam i even added 3 more pairs and still didn’t find the perfect one, and now listed for sale.
33D4F392-7CFF-4BCB-9640-16F04048CC60.jpeg

Edit: the cable s*** a**, it even worst than Moondrop Aria’s s***** cable

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #679 of 2,381
Edit: the cable s*** a**, it even worst than Moondrop Aria’s s***** cable

What happened? How can a Dunu cable is worse that that mess packed with Aria 2021? Even the cable on Titan S is very good.

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #680 of 2,381
What happened? How can a Dunu cable is worse that that mess packed with Aria 2021? Even the cable on Titan S is very good.
Its texture feels bad, springy af like hifiman sundara's cable, earhook is useless as its keep getting on my top most ear, the slider is pretty much useless as its keep dropping down, just because its modular doesn't make it better cable as sa4 doesn't need that much power, Moondrop's cable from ssr/ssp, B2, Variations, Kato is still better.

edit: and oh sa4 pin slot has a notch that render my other cable useless, as i can't plug them into sa4

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #682 of 2,381
Is sa4 released for western markets? Does the sa6 have that suction effect as well?
No, not in my experience. Also never heard of it. Don't know where the SA4 is released.

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #683 of 2,381
Is sa4 released for western markets? Does the sa6 have that suction effect as well?
My unit is from china mainland, for western audience still unknown, for suction effect i think its purely my ear’s fault, if you are fine will other unvented all ba iem then you might be fine

Jul 11, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #684 of 2,381
Any new info on those “additions” to the Studio line? 👀

Sorry, no additional information to provide at this time.

No, not in my experience. Also never heard of it. Don't know where the SA4 is released.

No, the SA4 is not released for Western markets. We also do not have an ETA for it.

My unit is from china mainland, for western audience still unknown, for suction effect i think its purely my ear’s fault, if you are fine will other unvented all ba iem then you might be fine

This does sound lIke an issue related to your ears!

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #685 of 2,381
4438B99F-1B1E-4624-ABD3-A1A4E1226F7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #687 of 2,381
Sorry, no additional information to provide at this time.

No, the SA4 is not released for Western markets. We also do not have an ETA for it.

This does sound lIke an issue related to your ears!
Yep, its not like SA4 is bad but like some people say that Moondrop Dusk is bad because they are heavy and hurting their ears, just the comfort is not for me

Jul 12, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #688 of 2,381
Jul 13, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #689 of 2,381
It's been a long time.. but with limited funds, I've kind of put iems on hold, but today I ordered the Titan S, and I sure appreciate the lower price. You know you've been away when reviews are comparing iems with ones you are not familiar with :). Mind you, the last pair I got was the 17th Edition in 2019, so it's only been 3 years really. I think it's fair to say I really like DUNU. Anyway... just looking forward to trying something new. Hope you are all well.

Jul 13, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #690 of 2,381
I see you own the Pinnacle PX. So imagine a much easier to drive IEM with better bass a bit less treble emphasis or better balanced, Just as technical if not more so. I havent heard my Pinnacle PX in a long time so I am just going by memory.. But I have a feeling you will like your purchase quite a bit.

Dynamic IEMs nowadays in the sub $100 class have surpassed dynamics from yester year that was sold for $200 easily. Titan S is one of them. Let us know how that turned out for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back