DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jun 29, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #646 of 2,461
It is the chinese market version. As far as i know, there is no rush for the international version, cause there will be changes. So, release is tbd by dunu later on. It's detailed a few posts before.

Cheers

@Redcarmoose Congrats and enjoy them. Unfortunately i couldn't order them actually due to an issue.

Jacques is correct - out of curiosity what was the issue you experienced?

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #647 of 2,461
Jacques is correct - out of curiosity what was the issue you experienced?
Absolutely nothing related to Dunu, support is flawless. More with the platform, i've ordered on. Time for patience and a solution. 🙃✌🏻

Edit: Got the answer today. The "problem" is related to a refresh of EPR Compliance.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #648 of 2,461
dunu detail.jpeg

Jun 29, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #650 of 2,461
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #652 of 2,461
I think it would have been cooler to see Dunu do a one off plate for each Vulkan. Much like how they did a one of plate for the SA6. But I get it, it would have been more time and money for something like that. Those plates are mass produced with the exact same pattern. Looks nice, nonetheless.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #653 of 2,461
I think it would have been cooler to see Dunu do a one off plate for each Vulkan. Much like how they did a one of plate for the SA6. But I get it, it would have bee more time and money for something like that. Those plates are mass produced with the exact same pattern. Looks nice, nonetheless.
I think the fit and finish doesn’t come across in pictures, a person needs to hold them first hand?

Jun 30, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #655 of 2,461
“Like metamorphic rock transformed from igneous origins, the serpentine, layered pattern of the mokume gane inspired faceplates marks a new aesthetic direction for DUNU.”
They look like a snake skin!

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #656 of 2,461
Would have been even more cooler looking if the entire earphone was in that pattern. That would be something. Vulkan MK2?
That would be too much imo. It's great like it is. And the name Vulkan wouldn't come across synergy with different plates like on the SA6.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #659 of 2,461
DUNU VULKAN

startz 3 .jpeg

Such beauties!

Exactly my thought!

Couldn’t find your impressions on them. Is there a link?

I think the fit and finish doesn’t come across in pictures, a person needs to hold them first hand?

Can’t wait to get my hands on a pair...

That would be too much imo. It's great like it is. And the name Vulkan wouldn't come across synergy with different plates like on the SA6.

Agreed.

Although it might be cost prohibitive, I would like to see actual Damascus steel on the faceplates... :) Either way, they ARE indeed very nice looking!

Haha. It would. But then they’d be much harder to get due to cost. They are amazing as they are. And the impressions are right up my alley. Oh please, let me have one already!

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #660 of 2,461
Exactly my thought!

Couldn’t find your impressions on them. Is there a link?

Can’t wait to get my hands on a pair...

Agreed.

Haha. It would. But then they’d be much harder to get due to cost. They are amazing as they are. And the impressions are right up my alley. Oh please, let me have one already!
Have you decided to keep your TWS and other IEMs, or are you selling them off to fund these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back