DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jun 30, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #661 of 2,449
Have you decided to keep your TWS and other IEMs, or are you selling them off to fund these?

I’m keeping the CA MT for their portability. I won’t get more TWS until I can get cd quality wirelessly. And I probably will not spend more than 250€ on ANY TWS when they reach that point (right now my attention would be on the MTW3, BUT we’re still not there yet).

And I’m keeping the Rai Solo, at least until I get the Vulkan. I may sell the Solo later if the upgrade is significant, like I envision.

I do hope that that Damascus lava pours my way soon.

Jun 30, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #662 of 2,449
I’m keeping the CA MT for their portability. I won’t get more TWS until I can get cd quality wirelessly. And I probably will not spend more than 250€ on ANY TWS when they reach that point (right now my attention would be on the MTW3, BUT we’re still not there yet).

And I’m keeping the Rai Solo, at least until I get the Vulkan. I may sell the Solo later if the upgrade is significant, like I envision.

I do hope that that Damascus lava pours my way soon.
Well, here's to hoping they are all that you envision?! :beerchug:

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #663 of 2,449
Absolutely nothing related to Dunu, support is flawless. More with the platform, i've ordered on. Time for patience and a solution. 🙃✌🏻

Edit: Got the answer today. The "problem" is related to a refresh of EPR Compliance.

Noted, thanks for the update!

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #664 of 2,449
Exactly my thought!

Couldn’t find your impressions on them. Is there a link?

Can’t wait to get my hands on a pair...

Agreed.

Haha. It would. But then they’d be much harder to get due to cost. They are amazing as they are. And the impressions are right up my alley. Oh please, let me have one already!
Impressions? I just got them? But be happy to jot-down a few words. Three words.........I love them. But......they are not doing an accurate replay of music. They are offering a stylistic imaginative, highly accessible “idea” of how it all should be. Typically readers of the above naturally think I’m referring to Frequency Response. And I am slightly but that’s secondary to presentation. The presentation here is the key to understanding what the IEM the VULKAN truly is. Such a playback is a creative approach at enjoyment. Maybe the Noble Encore and AKG k701 would be the closest examples of such shenanigans? Yet here there is also a playful bass (in contrast to the Encore/k701) which bumps along somehow connected to the upper GIANT soundstage pleasantries.

Such additive harmonic overtones (staged) are unique in my IEM experience. A sight never seen/heard due to the congestion thought of as correct by all other IEMs in the world. I truly can’t pull myself away for this magic?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #665 of 2,449
Impressions? I just got them? But be happy to jot-down a few words. Three words.........I love them. But......they are not doing an accurate replay of music. They are offering a stylistic imaginative, highly accessible “idea” of how it all should be. Typically readers of the above naturally think I’m referring to Frequency Response. And I am slightly but that’s secondary to presentation. The presentation here is the key to understanding what the IEM the VULKAN truly is. Such a playback is a creative approach at enjoyment. Maybe the Noble Encore and AKG k701 would be the closest examples of such shenanigans? Yet here there is also a playful bass (in contrast to the Encore/k701) which bumps along somehow connected to the upper GIANT soundstage pleasantries.

Such additive harmonic overtones (staged) are unique in my IEM experience. A sight never seen/heard due to the congestion thought of as correct by all other IEMs in the world. I truly can’t pull myself away for this magic?
I haven't heard them, but I know what you are saying (a bit). It's like reading people's words here and knowing not only WHAT they are saying, but inflections/nuances behind those words. You can see the words and can get the main gist of what is being said, but you can't totally grasp the mood by just reading the words. You can a little depending on nuances in the typing (and so on), but overall you can only understand the mood by hearing the inflections AND hearing those words.

The same goes with head gear. Sure, the frequencies can be measured (words), but the technicalities that help color it (nuances/mood) are not measurable and have to be heard to know what it adds/detracts to/from said head gear IMO.

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #666 of 2,449
I haven't heard them, but I know what you are saying (a bit). It's like reading people's words here and knowing not only WHAT they are saying, but inflections/nuances behind those words. You can see the words and can get the main gist of what is being said, but you can't totally grasp the mood by just reading the words. You can a little depending on nuances in the typing (and so on), but overall you can only understand the mood by hearing the inflections AND hearing those words.

The same goes with head gear. Sure, the frequencies can be measured (words), but the technicalities that help color it (nuances/mood) are not measurable and have to be heard to know what it adds/detracts to/from said head gear IMO.
A closer proximity to the cause will be attempted in my review. But, absolutely.....it’s only a vague idea as to what the IEMs are.........described by using words. Every reviewer has their own style-preference and ways of hearing, though you do get a statement of quality in the end, with a yes or a no. Still even that has limited value in that it exists as a single opinion.

Try and put words to describe a color on the color wheel? You can’t, is purple really majestic in comparison to blue....which color is the most intense? Words only go so far to describe mood. But if you can compare the IEM to others the reader has heard, then your closer to what a review is about. Just slightly lighter than cherry-red........see, we CAN get somewhere.

The VULKAN is a joy, but I guess that joy may be a matter of taste? Still what do I care if someone doesn’t like them, or wants a factual representation? In fact to push-though.............who is to say if this is not correct (in some regards) and everything else is simply playing catch-up? There is absolute realism to be found in VULKAN playback, it’s just that some elements had to step back for that light to shine through.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #667 of 2,449
A closer proximity to the cause will be attempted in my review. But, absolutely.....it’s only a vague idea as to what the IEMs are.........described by using words. Every reviewer has their own style-preference and ways of hearing, though you do get a statement of quality in the end, with a yes or a no. Still even that has limited value in that it exists as a single opinion.

Try and put words to describe a color on the color wheel? You can’t, is purple really majestic in comparison to blue....which color is the most intense? Words only go so far to describe mood. But if you can compare the IEM to others the reader has heard, then your closer to what a review is about. Just slightly lighter than cherry-red........see, we CAN get somewhere.

The VULKAN is a joy, but I guess that joy may be a matter of taste? Still what do I care if someone doesn’t like them, or wants a factual representation? In fact to push-though.............who is to say if this is not correct and everything else is simply playing catch-up? There is absolute realism to be found in VULKAN playback, it’s just that some elements had to step back for that light to shine through.
I remember the realization I had one time when I saw a show about a blind person (from birth), and someone was trying to describe the sky and clouds to them. It was impossible!

With regards to reviews, either way yours are always at the very least, a good read!

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #668 of 2,449
It would be easy to describe the VULKAN if it wasn’t so different than everything else before it. Like understanding a mixed drink; it’s like a rum-and-coke with a shot of orange liqueur added. But no, there are no such easy of off-the-shelf additives to use in such a VULKAN description.
I remember the realization I had one time when I saw a show about a blind person (from birth), and someone was trying to describe the sky and clouds to them. It was impossible!

With regards to reviews, either way yours are always at the very least, a good read!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #669 of 2,449
It would be easy to describe the VULKAN if it wasn’t so different than everything else before it. Like understanding a mixed drink; it’s like a rum-and-coke with a shot of orange liqueur added. But no, there are not such easy of off-the-shelf additives to use in such a VULKAN description.
Well, just do your best. :) I am sure that by the time you are ready to write the review, you will have come up with a clever way to depict what you are hearing. Though, just seeing you write with pause on how different it is in itself makes me curious enough to get a set... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is also the reason I still have the Raptgo Hook-X on my todo list. Apparently, I like unique sound?! Gonna' have to wait for all of the above though. I just blew my hobby budget on some Yinman 600Ohm wooden shelled earbuds, all the drivers (5) for the Smabat M2S Pro, an Amp13 Tube amp card for the DX300 (a couple weeks ago now), and of course the new(er) CRA+. Vulkan are certainly on the list though because I really like what DUNU does.

Oh, and I also have on the list (point in fact at the top next) a couple/few of the DUW-02S cables. :):thumbsup:

Edit: That is if @DUNU-Topsound doesn't discontinue them again (in a year) like they did with the DUW-02 (hint - hint). :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #670 of 2,449
Well, just do your best. :) I am sure that by the time you are ready to write the review, you will have come up with a clever way to depict what you are hearing. Though, just seeing you write with pause on how different it is in itself makes me curious enough to get a set... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is also the reason I still have the Raptgo Hook-X on my todo list. Apparently, I like unique sound?! Gonna' have to wait for all of the above though. I just blew my hobby budget on some Yinman 600Ohm wooden shelled earbuds, all the drivers (5) for the Smabat M2S Pro, an Amp13 Tube amp card for the DX300 (a couple weeks ago now), and of course the new(er) CRA+. Vulkan are certainly on the list though because I really like what DUNU does.

Oh, and I also have on the list (point in fact at the top next) a couple/few of the DUW-02S cables. :):thumbsup:

Edit: That is if @DUNU-Topsound doesn't discontinue them again (in a year) like they did with the DUW-02 (hint - hint). :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:
Yes, of course having pizzazz is the ultimate feature, maybe at the risk of going slightly sideways on take-off. Many cool IEMs drift instead of getting to the local in forward motion. This sideways-ness is ever so double emphasized by getting a plain-Jane IEM to review at the same time. Thus reflections of one being seemingly right on paper becoming less beautiful than the IEM paradox. Such is the Paradox of the VULKAN.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #671 of 2,449
DSC_0051.jpeg2.jpeg
DSC_0054.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #672 of 2,449
So here was a bit of a revelation for me. I have been going over the sonics of the Vulkan and its entire package for my review, its tips and the DUW-02S cable included. I think the cable match up is good but not exactly optimal for the Vulkan.

Tried on Dunus Noble cable I got with my Luna and the Vulkan immediately sounded more refined overall. Tighter imaging, better clarity, a more higher end Vulkan than what was provided out of the box. The Vulkan is one of those earphones you absolutely can't really figure out till you spend some quality time getting to know them. Its driver make up and how it produces sound is complicated vs your standard single dynamic or typical hybrid.

Tips also make a huge different in how they sound. I can get them to sound dark to bright just depending on what tips I use. Tips generally gives more bass mids or treble focus but I have never seen an IEM litterally change presentations via tips. It wasn't a case of the tip not fitting my ears as I am digging deep into my rather large tip collection I have. Nozzle size, length and how wide the tip openings are makes a big difference in the Vulkan presenation.

To be fair I don't expect most folks to use a cable that cost more than the Vulkan but just know it has much more potential than what was included with the package.

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #673 of 2,449
Jul 5, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #675 of 2,449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back