DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jul 13, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #691 of 2,449
It's been a long time.. but with limited funds, I've kind of put iems on hold, but today I ordered the Titan S, and I sure appreciate the lower price. You know you've been away when reviews are comparing iems with ones you are not familiar with :). Mind you, the last pair I got was the 17th Edition in 2019, so it's only been 3 years really. I think it's fair to say I really like DUNU. Anyway... just looking forward to trying something new. Hope you are all well.
That is like 1000 years in head gear nowadays... :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Congratz on your new set!

Jul 13, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #692 of 2,449
Hey Galactic Federation,
it's Vulkan sound demo time. I matched it against the Moondrop Variations as I have no worthy Hybrid for this comparison at hand.
Personally I find the Vulkan has the overall better tuning. Sub bass extension goes to the Variations but that's it.

Classic Rock demo, Joe Walsh - Rivers (of the Hidden Funk):

EDM demo, Grant - Amaranthine Profundity:

Jul 13, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #693 of 2,449
Hey Galactic Federation,
it's Vulkan sound demo time. I matched it against the Moondrop Variations as I have no worthy Hybrid for this comparison at hand.
Personally I find the Vulkan has the overall better tuning. Sub bass extension goes to the Variations but that's it.

Wow, thanks for this comparison! I understand now what redcarmoose was trying to put into words about the soundstaging and separation of the Vulkan. Compared to the Variations, it seems that the Vulkan almost cancels the center channel signals and pushes everything out. Losing some of that centeredness is a bit jarring to me. I think I would have to lean to the Variations with its more cohesive presentation. But the Vulkan is an interesting listen!

Jul 13, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #694 of 2,449
Wow, thanks for this comparison! I understand now what redcarmoose was trying to put into words about the soundstaging and separation of the Vulkan. Compared to the Variations, it seems that the Vulkan almost cancels the center channel signals and pushes everything out. Losing some of that centeredness is a bit jarring to me. I think I would have to lean to the Variations with its more cohesive presentation. But the Vulkan is an interesting listen!
Take all sound demos with a grain of salt. Real life listening is always a different experience. This is only a approximation. When I listen to my own demos I'm like "Nah this Vulkan sound better than here in this demo. It's all subjective. Thanks for the feedback.

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #695 of 2,449
I see you own the Pinnacle PX. So imagine a much easier to drive IEM with better bass a bit less treble emphasis or better balanced, Just as technical if not more so. I havent heard my Pinnacle PX in a long time so I am just going by memory.. But I have a feeling you will like your purchase quite a bit.

Dynamic IEMs nowadays in the sub $100 class have surpassed dynamics from yester year that was sold for $200 easily. Titan S is one of them. Let us know how that turned out for you.
Thanks for this.. I read your message and just had to tell you that i actually used the Pinnacle's on my way home yesterday. I barely ever use them, but man i actually came to realise what "boring" really is.. Don't get me wrong, they are great, and very technical sounding, and nice clear uppers - but boring indeed - i favour every other iem i have over the pinnacle...and every other pair happen to be a pair of DUNU's. When i would go back to the P1/PX in the past, i was almost always blown away each time at how clean they were, but after not using them in a while - I realised...boring. DUNU presented me all the details while leaving the "boring" out. But what you're telling me has me excited for the titans.
All my cables are MMCX though, and i just bought some extra MMCX cables (that will also fit my DN-2002 even though one earpiece is on it's way). RIP.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #696 of 2,449
_DSC1544-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit (75).jpg

My Dunu Vulkan impressions are up on my blog and here on Head-Fi.

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #697 of 2,449
Hey Galactic Federation,

Thanks so much!
]DUNU presented me all the details while leaving the "boring" out.

Great way to sum up what we try to do with our products!

_DSC1544-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit (75).jpg
My Dunu Vulkan impressions are up on my blog and here on Head-Fi.

Thanks for the review! May we use some of your brilliant photos on our social?

Jul 15, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #699 of 2,449
Jul 16, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #700 of 2,449
Got a problem hope you can help me out with. Have ibasso 300 with the amp 13 card that’s updated to newest firmware version. I have Dunu sa6 plugged in with the Dunu 3.5mm pro adapter. I have normal volume in one ear and barely any volume in the other. Is the issue the adapter is “balanced?” I tried a set of headphones and they work fine. Thanks all.

Jul 16, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #701 of 2,449
Got a problem hope you can help me out with. Have ibasso 300 with the amp 13 card that’s updated to newest firmware version. I have Dunu sa6 plugged in with the Dunu 3.5mm pro adapter. I have normal volume in one ear and barely any volume in the other. Is the issue the adapter is “balanced?” I tried a set of headphones and they work fine. Thanks all.
Yes that is your issue... The Amp13 card is SE (TRS) only. You need to be using the 3.5mm SE (TRS) adapter in the Amp13 card.

Jul 16, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #702 of 2,449
Jul 16, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #703 of 2,449
My belated take on the Dunu Falcon Pro, which I found to grow on me over time.

The weakest link is the lower-midrange, which can sound drowned out in bassy tracks and lack articulation. Other than that - solid pair of IEMs given the price range.

Full review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-falcon-pro.25438/review/28879/

IMG_1390.jpg

Nice review. I really hope Dunu is scheming on a revised version of the Falcon Pro with the Vernus tuning. As far as I can tell they fixed just about everything wrong with the FP. The bass is tamed but still robust, the lower mids stand out more and the upper mids are absolute butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back