DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jun 24, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #631 of 2,514
When I have my measurement coupler, I will visit my local hifi store to measure some IEMs. If they have Falcon pro in stock, I will do the comparison and let you know. I also guess that Falcon does a good job at stereo imaging with the AI filter. Might be even larger than Andromeda (like fiio open back IEMs sound larger than Andromeda). However, let’s see how resolution contribute to the holographic feeling.
<wishes he had a local hifi store available>

Yeah, it seems as though there is usually SOME trade-off somewhere. I am interested in seeing this experiment. :)

Jun 25, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #632 of 2,514
Quick update on the Vulkan. The more I listen to it the more I like it. It easily climbed my personal triumvirate of IEMs being:
  • Penon Serial (best pure multi DD)
  • Tipsy Tromso (best single DD)
  • Dunu Vulkan (best hybrid DD + BA)
The tuning is truly unique, perfectly balanced and addicting. The Vulkan is the perfect allrounder for me.
The last days I digged deep in my library to find the tunes that best shine with the Vulkan. This is the playlist I assembled:

On Tidal:
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/75c07aaf-b101-4e0f-a5f4-65775895cfe7

On Spotify:

Jamie xx - Gosh is the most epic Vulkan signature track. It's so immersive.
I think the Vulkan works best with high Dynamic Range tracks also with tracks from the 80s and newer.

Dunu, this is a job well done. The Vulkan is a keeper.

Thanks so much! Will you be doing a full review on it?

Rock, light rock, instrumental and some hard rock. I want something with a bit more base. I would like more contrast so I don’t end up with all iem’s sounding the same. I’m torn between the vulkan, the penon serial and the dunu falcon pro… something to give me a fuller sound, more base than the sa6

The VULKAN would be your answer from our line-up then.

Look forward to it! Currently playing and sounds incredible on VULKAN...

Nice track! Does sound awesome on the VULKAN indeed!

<wishes he had a local hifi store available>

Yeah, it seems as though there is usually SOME trade-off somewhere. I am interested in seeing this experiment. :)

I understand that have always been the same boat. For all the manufacturers we have here, I find it ironic that we don't have a true brick-and-mortar store, especially for IEMs.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #633 of 2,514
Thanks so much! Will you be doing a full review on it?

The VULKAN would be your answer from our line-up then.

Nice track! Does sound awesome on the VULKAN indeed!

I understand that have always been the same boat. For all the manufacturers we have here, I find it ironic that we don't have a true brick-and-mortar store, especially for IEMs.
There are a few sprinkled throughout the US (Audio46 comes to mind, for instance), but none within driving distance AFAIK. That WOULD be a fantastic thing! While most other products can get away with not having B&M stores, I think that head gear needs to have a presence moreso than an online portal. But, thus far I have been lucky and have been able to order blind (well, with the help of Head-Fi and other research) and not have any duds (to my ears).

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #634 of 2,514
I‘ve had my vulkans on pre order from amp3 in UK since Monday, checks email…….nope, not dispatched yet…………..30 mins later checks email…….nope, not dispatched yet…………..60 mins later checks email………….

Jun 25, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #635 of 2,514
Also - for those who have interested in doing a review of the DTC-500, please PM me!

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #637 of 2,514
DUNU is pleased to introduce our newest addition to our line-up of up of modular cables, the AMBER, priced at $89.99.

Head over to the launch thread here to learn a little more about it!

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #638 of 2,514
DUNU is pleased to introduce our newest addition to our line-up of up of modular cables, the AMBER, priced at $89.99.

Head over to the launch thread here to learn a little more about it!

Nice cable. But do I see SA4 there in the promo pic :ksc75smile:

Jun 28, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #639 of 2,514
Nice cable. But do I see SA4 there in the promo pic :ksc75smile:
Yes, you do. The new Amber cable is stunning.
PXL_20220420_163046966.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #640 of 2,514
Yes, you do. The new Amber cable is stunning.PXL_20220420_163046966.jpg
Is that the Chinese domestic market version or the upcoming western version? How is the sound?
I was thinking of getting a SA4 when it becomes available as a little graduation present for myself. That is, provided it sounds good.

@DUNU-Topsound Is there any ETA for the SA4?

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #641 of 2,514
Yes, you do. The new Amber cable is stunning.

Thank you!

Is that the Chinese domestic market version or the upcoming western version? How is the sound?
I was thinking of getting a SA4 when it becomes available as a little graduation present for myself. That is, provided it sounds good.

@DUNU-Topsound Is there any ETA for the SA4?

There is not at this time - unfortunately I do not have additional information to provide on your other questions either.

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #642 of 2,514
DUNU VULKAN

startz 3 .jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #643 of 2,514
Is that the Chinese domestic market version or the upcoming western version?
It is the chinese market version. As far as i know, there is no rush for the international version, cause there will be changes. So, release is tbd by dunu later on. It's detailed a few posts before.

Cheers

@Redcarmoose Congrats and enjoy them. Unfortunately i couldn't order them actually due to an issue.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #644 of 2,514
It is the chinese market version. As far as i know, there is no rush for the international version, cause there will be changes. So, release is tbd by dunu later on. It's detailed a few posts before.

Cheers

@Redcarmoose Congrats and enjoy them. Unfortunately i couldn't order them actually due to an issue.
Oh, there has to be a way! There has to be. Don’t give up! Seriously they are the best DUNU I have heard so far. Yep! I think they are better than the SA6 and ZEN! We have to get you a pair!

Jun 29, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #645 of 2,514
DUNU VULKAN

startz 3 .jpeg

Oh, there has to be a way! There has to be. Don’t give up! Seriously they are the best DUNU I have heard so far. Yep! I think they are better than the SA6 and ZEN! We have to get you a pair!

Glad they got to you safe and that initial impression are very positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back