Dubstep Headphones
Sep 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #17 of 23
tma 1? i remember once upon a time i was at jaben msia with my friend testing various headphones. he asked me to try certain headphone and i thought it sounded like 6 feet of bass and asked him the price, approx $160 once converted and tax applied. i crawled back to the shelter of my own headphones. what a terrible headphone im so surprised it got positive reviews here and there

so anyway xb700 for deep bass and xb500 for loadsabass

hope this helps^^

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 23
I was going to recommend the Dennon 2k's for insane, head rumbling sub bass, but you said Beats were too expensive and D2k's run the same price new, though it's pretty easy to find a used pair for $200.  I think the Dennons definitely need an amp to get that bass going.

Maybe look into the Noontech Zoro's? I haven't heard them, just Tyll's review, they're basically Beats ripoffs in looks, but apparently sound far better and are only $100.  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro

If you're a basshead, I'd suggest looking into the Digizoid Z02 portable amp at some point too.  It would be another $100 investment, but it will pump more juice into your cans and has a built in EQ-like feature that basically allows you to throttle bass up as you desire.  I don't listen to much music that features sub bass, but occasionally I would put a song on with the D2k's and crank the Z02 just for fun, it would seriously rattle your brain.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #19 of 23
Start with the XB700. They're fantastic for $80, scale well, and are EQ-friendly. That deep bass goes hellishly deep.

The XB500 has strong mid bass, but sound like crap otherwise.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #20 of 23
If, The M-audio Q40's haven't been mentioned they may me something to look into. I find mine to be awesome with bass oriented music, but then again I haven't heard many other closed headphones to compare. But being able to get them at about $120 there good if you want a nice smooth headphone with pronounced bass. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #21 of 23
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #22 of 23
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
when i have to hear dubstep then i only and only pick up sony xb500(xb700 has more sub bass but not not even close in the mid bass punch)... more bass than anything else(i laughed at beats headphones when i tried them after this)...50 dollars bass monsters with no equal when it comes to amount of bass.... i let my mother hear them and she got scared as she though something was wrong as the headphone were moving around due to excessive bass on her head... they feel like skull drillers... but if you want a little quality as well then i would recommend ultrasone pro900 or ultrasone hfi 580 for a cheaper solution...

thanks man. I will definately consider. I've found however that the amp i use greatly improves the mids of the XB700's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back