December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison
Dec 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #391 of 1,331
It would be nice if they just shipped Gary a loaner while yours is headed back for repair.  (You could mention that there are a lot of eyes watching their handling of your unit because of this thread.  It was supposed to be a heavyweight contender.)  
redface.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #394 of 1,331
WOW man where the heck have I been..  Sorry I'm late to the party Gary.  Maybe I'm right on time.  I can send you the PWD mk2 to take the place of the Hilo if you want.  No problem at all.  

I've been evaluating my new DAC.  The AMR DP-777, she's a beauty.

Let me know on the PWD mk2..

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #395 of 1,331
  WOW man where the heck have I been..  Sorry I'm late to the party Gary.  Maybe I'm right on time.  I can send you the PWD mk2 to take the place of the Hilo if you want.  No problem at all.  

I've been evaluating my new DAC.  The AMR DP-777, she's a beauty.

Let me know on the PWD mk2..

You missed Gary's epic thread of awesomeness? 
blink.gif
 Welcome to the party then! Very nice of you to throw in the PWD mk2 in place of the Hilo.

Gary...any new updates? 
popcorn.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #398 of 1,331
Eagerly awaiting your impressions once you've tried all of these DAC's.

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #399 of 1,331
Prepro:

Thanks very much for the offer of the PWD mk2, but unless my 30 seconds of pricing research are wrong, it cannot be had new for <$2500, which is where I have arbitrarily drawn the line for "mid-level."  As a result, it doesn't qualify for this comparison test -- again, unless somebody can show me where to buy a new one for <$2500 (me and about a bazillion other guys on this forum). 

I would like to hear it though... so if you are going to be in town over the holidays, and want to drop by and happen to have it on you... we might be able to find a power and data in and analog out hook up for it... just for kicks, not for comparison...
evil_smiley.gif

PM me if you are interested in stopping by... maybe we can coordinate with Barry S' schedule, as he has indicated that he would like to try all of the toys.

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #400 of 1,331
And speaking of the toys, the NAD, Arcam, Emotiva and Dangersous Music DACs are here.  At least one more package is at the post office (they left me a notice), with more likely to arrive tomorrow and Friday. 

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish up my work responsibilities so I can take off starting next Tuesday... so things are a bit crazy right now.  So begins the fun?

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #401 of 1,331
The suspense is killing me already lol.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #402 of 1,331
Really looking forward to this as well.

I picked up a Dangerous Source this week, initial impressions are that my Gungnir will most likely be up for sale soon.

Thanks for all the coordination and effort into putting the comparison together.

-Mike

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #403 of 1,331
  Really looking forward to this as well.

I picked up a Dangerous Source this week, initial impressions are that my Gungnir will most likely be up for sale soon.

Thanks for all the coordination and effort into putting the comparison together.

-Mike

I have one Dangerous Source on its way to my work now. Along with the Focal Spirit pro.

It's for work use but I'm quite sure they will allow me to take it home for trial.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #405 of 1,331
Hmmm... does anybody object to the PWD II being added in place of the Hilo?  It is list priced almost double my limit... but someone is selling one new in the box on AudioGon for <$2500... so does it qualify or is it a ringer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back