Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #3,631 of 6,033
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...iew-measurements.958938/page-83#post-16870516

NOMAX

PS .I'm nobody to say buy a Headphone for thousands and after that...use an EQ
I will not follow this trend...not yet...and not in the future
(few deweloper are laughing about that in this price category...and i know many 😉)
Yes that's the downside of the LCD-5.
But for me it's important that it works portable. So I choosen LCD-5. Stationary there are better headphones CRBN and Susvara.

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #3,632 of 6,033
I have been using the Stealth paired with a Mojo 2 and I get good volume, but I tend to listen at low volumes so it might not be sufficient for others.

Mojo 2 is able to make them sound great and you can EQ the sound, but somehow I always return to flat.

But in my opinion Mojo 2 is good for portability with the Stealth.

I read somewhere that Mojo 2 is on the warmer side of things with a bass boost from Hugo 2, maybe thats why it work well.

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #3,634 of 6,033
I read somewhere that Mojo 2 is on the warmer side of things with a bass boost from Hugo 2, maybe thats why it work well.
Mojo 2 (as well as Mojo) and H2 all measure ruler flat. The warmth is a perception based on the tap lengths and filters and , in OG Mojo’s case, the one capacitor on the signal path. But whatever the reason, the Mojos do have a warmer/fuller tonality.

Apr 5, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #3,635 of 6,033
Stealths have landed. Will definitely be A/B'ing extensively with the Kennerton Rognir and what I remember of roughly 6-7 months with the VC.

Initial impressions so far: Very comfortable and light. Very detailed and images excellently. Bass is decent with EQ. Great isolation.

20220405_221735.jpg

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #3,636 of 6,033
Stealths have landed. Will definitely be A/B'ing extensively with the Kennerton Rognir and what I remember of roughly 6-7 months with the VC.

Initial impressions so far: Very comfortable and light. Very detailed and images excellently. Bass is decent with EQ. Great isolation.

20220405_221735.jpg
Are you using Loki or alternative EQ. Should be a complimentary addition with Rognir. As much I dislike the Stealth, I appreciate what it can do very well.

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #3,638 of 6,033
Yep, still using the Loki Max you sold me :) I've used it to EQ my VC, Rognir and now the Stealth.
Look forward to your comparison. Now you only need add the ES-R10 which is re-establishing a cult following.

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #3,639 of 6,033
Look forward to your comparison. Now you only need add the ES-R10 which is re-establishing a cult following.
+1. That es-r10 is nice.

I’m thinking of the Rognir and/or Stealth, but I’m hesitant on both. Rognir might be hard to get given the current global situation, and the Stealth might be boring, but I’m still tempted :thinking:

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #3,641 of 6,033
Yes that's the downside of the LCD-5.
But for me it's important that it works portable. So I choosen LCD-5. Stationary there are better headphones CRBN and Susvara.
Susvara has not really low end (reserved) and the CRBN to less in the highs to my ears but for an Estat it makes a good job

NOMAX

Ps.and the Lcd5 only mids....i describe the tonality of this model as very shouty
A tonality should offer one enough in the low end...enough mids....enough highs....❗without EQ❗
And the Stealth offers me enough....compare it side by side...because the acoustic memory of our ears is short lived

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #3,642 of 6,033
I can recommend it to everyone try the Stealth with the CMA15 or with the K9 PRO AKM
Both are very very different and exceptional well

NOMAX

PS.and with the Questyle and the 4.4 mm Double Duet from Crystal Cable the journey has an end....my favourite setup behind my HE1 👍

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #3,644 of 6,033
anyone have the Ether C prior to this headset? I love the Ether C while hating the Ether 2, trying to get an idea where this headset is.
My personal feeling is DCA's closed back is better than their open back. My first dca purchase was drop ether cx. Then i bought aeon open, ether 2 and stealth later on. The open ones are not good for my taste. They sound dark, sterile and clean and lack of sparkling to me in general. The closed back actually has similar trail (aka bouse sound; unlike ATH cans which all sound very different!) but just much better balance and still has some fun when listening to I think the stealth is significantly better than the ether 2 and cx in sound quality. But given the cost difference, I'm not sure the jump in sound quality commensurates with the hike in cost.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #3,645 of 6,033
One thing I noticed is that the Stealth sounds very different from my memory of the AEON, which was more muffled. The Stealth is completely unlike that.
I still find it interesting how there are these two polarized camps on this headphone. Almost like we have something in our ears that lets us hear the Stealth's capabilities way more than others who seem to find very little appealing about them.
I think it comes down to how we perceive treble being different, sometimes radically so. Also how much clamping force is exerted, affecting the bass. Likewise, if you're used to a very bass-strong headphone, you will initially find the Stealth to be thin-sounding.
There is only one DAP on the Market which can drive the Stealth satisfactory (not more)..but only in the DC Mode...the M17
My good ol' non-audiophile friend came around and I videoed his impressions over 2 hours of listening and chatting, and it was apparent how much better the M17 was than the N8ii with the Stealth. Of course, we mustn't forget that this was in DC mode, so it wasn't really a comparison of DAPs in the purest sense. More so though is how the Stealth reveals everything about upstream components, so you're really hearing them, and less so the headphones than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back