Cowon Plenue D
Oct 24, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #4,577 of 4,949
Love the new Firmware, big improvement. It's pretty slick, not laggy at all, so far (all my Album Art is 500 x 500 though). I think Cowon did CPR and breathed new life into the D. I'm loving the new skin too. I'm just waiting for someone to say the sound has improved, someone always does :laughing:

If they could do a Firmware Upgrade to conclusively allow the D to accept SD Cards up to 200GB (I'm not sure if they could do that or not) I think I'd be totally happy. I'm struggling to fit all the Music I want on it now, that's my only complaint.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #4,579 of 4,949
Once installed it asks to select language and then EU or non EU. I put EU and it warns me about listening to high volume over long periods but you just click the tick and carry on listening. Easy to override.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #4,581 of 4,949
Yeah, I just uninstalled 1.20 and went back to 1.17 then reinstalled 1.20 again. Choose English language and then Non EU and the warning disappears. The EU option doesn't limit volume but it does give a warning which you can override by selecting the tick on the touch screen.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,587 of 4,949
The battery is incredible. I can't even consider a different player as I try to charge my PD once a week and use it every weekday. Quite often I forget but rarely have I still not made it through whole second week without needing a charge.
The battery is incredible. I can't even consider a different player as I try to charge my PD once a week and use it every weekday. Quite often I forget but rarely have I still not made it through whole second week without needing a charge.

But was it like from the first charging? Mine seems to drop charge a bit faster.
Though it didn't even go through a full cycle yet, which itself is something astonishing.
And it has a lot of power too, long life and with power, they really did this right.

And mine runs 14-18 hours daily, not even a week yet.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #4,588 of 4,949
You mean does the battery level drop faster as the battery gets closer to needing a charge? I think that's normal. In general, after about a year, maybe two, I did notice the battery was losing charge faster. I often had to charge every week; occasionally sooner. That changed when I turned off Sleep Mode. It got even better when I started to unplug my 'phones when I wasn't using the player overnight. Those two things made a huge difference for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back