Cowon Plenue D
Oct 25, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,591 of 4,949
I've honestly been shocked at how much further my battery goes just because of unplugging the phones.

Sleep mode takes 6% of the charge every 15 hours, takes a lot of data to see that happen tho.
The PD is always unplugged from the headphones if not in use.
And no, what I meant was, that VERY FIRST TIME you charged, did it play as long as it does now? Can it be remembered?
Also, I'm pretty sure in keeping mine forever and will use this till it's totally dead, which I hope it's more than 4 years.

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,595 of 4,949
I recommend updating the firmware. The responsiveness of the UI is improved, the dark mode is cool. Actually I'm not even sure if you can go back to the non-dark mode.

You can change the skin back to the old ones in 'player skin'.

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #4,596 of 4,949
Changing the skin doesn't change the colour scheme of the menu. It used to be a white background with black text and now it's a black background with white text. Going through skins A, B and C change the style of the "now playing" view but doesn't affect the menu when you go through all your artists and albums.

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #4,597 of 4,949
I had no idea what you meant my 'mode' I thought you was talking about the skins. It's way better in Black anyway. They should have done this update ages ago. A lot of people who sold the D did so because of the lag. Maybe they'll be buying it back again now :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #4,598 of 4,949
I recommend updating the firmware. The responsiveness of the UI is improved, the dark mode is cool. Actually I'm not even sure if you can go back to the non-dark mode.
It pays to keep up on the threads here, wouldn't have considered a firmware update, what with the D being an older dap, happy with both my D and Plenue R, got to love jet effects.

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #4,599 of 4,949
Hello Friends:

I just upgraded my Plenue D to v1.20 firmware.
Sadly, I now can't figure out how to get to the system settings area. I'm tapping various areas of the screen but can't seem to find the trick to get to settings.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
Appreciated :blush:

Oct 28, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #4,600 of 4,949
Just beneath the battery life, you tap the kind of wheel, then the wrench on top right.

My feed back on the new fw : nothing foolish...I was hoping the database update would disappear everytime you switch on, I was hoping I could change the size of the font, I was hoping I could rename the user settings.
Ok they just change the design of some icons and turn the white into black...Very dissapointed by cowon

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #4,602 of 4,949
Just beneath the battery life, you tap the kind of wheel, then the wrench on top right.

My feed back on the new fw : nothing foolish...I was hoping the database update would disappear everytime you switch on, I was hoping I could change the size of the font, I was hoping I could rename the user settings.
Ok they just change the design of some icons and turn the white into black...Very dissapointed by cowon
But mine starts so much faster now the database update is only about 2 seconds anb then I'm in. Where as before it could be 15+ sevonds.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #4,605 of 4,949
New Firmware:
On
Korean
Cowon site
PLENUE D firmware V1.20
2018-10-24 11:29:44

Using Microsoft Translator:
Fixes.
-Adjust the playback speed additional features
-Add folder playback
-Hearing protection settings (settings/system/hearing protection) *
-Support for image file cover.png albums
-User interface (UI) changes
-Browser search performance improvements
-FLAC file compatibility improvements
-' Return ' default settings: volume value is initialized to
-Improved boot speed
-Play the next song to play in the event of a failure the change

* Hearing protection when removing the earphones volume for the reset of the set whether or not the behaviour topics
' The European Union is set to "only if it is outside the hearing protection.
Thanks so much for this info. I gave up on an update ever coming out. It's like a new player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back