1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
Next

Last
  1. Rekkxar

Thank you for that knowledge, and I'm waiting for the PD still, if you won't mind me asking, how does the PD sound compared to the clip? Just a rough comparison is very much appreciated.

5 more days till I get mine, and it will be my first DAP.

2. Centagon999
    PD sounds like I'm hearing the full range of the music now. The Clip was good, but not this good.

PD feels like a fuller range of the music. Better bass, clearer sound. Just seems like I'm hearing more of the music than before. I think you are going to love it.

Rekkxar likes this.
  3. Rekkxar
    I have been waiting for this for 2 years, I finally saved enough to get one, so I'll pretty much be married to it, but I'm way, way to eager to listen through it. Of course, the hype I built for this must mean it should have a lot to meet the expectation. But I just have to wait 5 more days, I've waited 700+ days, so yeah.

Also, do let us know if this actually goes near 100 hour in battery life. I've heard somewhere that it does indeed do a very good job at sustaining that life time.

Thank you for your awesome reply!

4. Rekkxar
    Just got the PD, in first go : Sounds cleaner and more precise than my roided out phone. Less power tho, but my phone (Moto G3) is messed up. Not that gapless playback... Tho I need to find that fade effect. EQ presets can distort sound at high levels, at 80 out of 100, but I'm happy at 50-75 with my M40X for now.

Full details on the PD after a few days, lots and lots of testing. But for now : REALLY FREAKING CLEAN SOUND AND LOOKS HOLY SHITE AWESOME!! Other than that, it's fine.

Can this do Fade anyhow?

Thanks for reading!

sleepingawake likes this.
  5. Centagon999
    Used it all week, a commute to/from work, and a few hours at work (i have noisy co-workers). I keep the volume around 20, at work a little lower. The battery indicator shows about half battery left. Know of a way to show battery %?

Don't know about fade.

6. Rekkxar

The battery indicator is only 4 or 5 step, I didn't find any customization for that, also, why does this unit auto sleep or shutdown so quickly? Can I change that?

7. tiddlywinks
    New Firmware:
    On
    Korean
    Cowon site
    PLENUE D firmware V1.20
    2018-10-24 11:29:44

Using Microsoft Translator:
    Fixes.
    -Adjust the playback speed additional features
    -Add folder playback
    -Hearing protection settings (settings/system/hearing protection) *
    -Support for image file cover.png albums
    -User interface (UI) changes
    -Browser search performance improvements
    -FLAC file compatibility improvements
    -' Return ' default settings: volume value is initialized to
    -Improved boot speed
    -Play the next song to play in the event of a failure the change

* Hearing protection when removing the earphones volume for the reset of the set whether or not the behaviour topics
    ' The European Union is set to "only if it is outside the hearing protection.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    nalyom9, Ryokan, phase0 and 2 others like this.
  8. technobear
  9. mdtolic
  10. Rekkxar
    Is there a way to turn off auto-sleep or auto-shutdown in this device? It turns off just after 3 minutes of no activity. Can I control that?

11. mdtolic
    Hit that "Settings" button friend.

12. Rekkxar
    And? Can't seem to find that specific option...

13. mdtolic
    Settings/Display/Auto display off

Settings/System/Sleep mode

14. Rekkxar

No, no. I didn't mean that. I already set those. But this box falls asleep or turns off after some time of inactivity. Like if I stop playing music, it'll turn off (or sleep) after two minutes or so.

15. Centagon999
    Found it! It's where you set the time. You can change it there.

Rekkxar likes this.
First

Back
295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
Next

Last