Cowon Plenue D
Nov 12, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #4,621 of 4,949
Re
so.. i spent this weekend ripping my old DVDs to flac using Dvd Audio Extractor trying to get the highest sound quality since this material is not available to dl anymore (2003/2002 stuff). Fact's that even copying only to internal memory, it's always gapping like crazy...

1. ripped the AC3 6 channels (dvd highest quality).
2. auto convertion to flac 24 bit/48hz. (+- 50Mb files).
3. copied track by track by hand (call me nuts) to internal memory (since SD is gapping for sure).
4. edited tags using MP3Tag.
5. tested with NORMAL EQ, no JetEffect setup or any additional preset.
6. cover art has 30 Kb max.

anyone experience this with this new firmware?? what the hell am I doing wrong?!

I can't play FLAC much at all, it gets really slow. Though I haven't found much of a gap there yet.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #4,630 of 4,949
Friendly PSA to all,

PD can support balanced 3.5 mm which I discovered by accident a long while back.
There seems to be a balanced circuit in the head out not listed in official specs.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #4,632 of 4,949
Which earphones have 3.5 balanced output? I'd like to have one.

Hi @Rekkxar,

Technically all earphones/IEMs & headphones can support 3.5 balanced as long as said head gear has the means to replace the cable.

If you're curious to try, I suggest veclan.com for inexpensive & good cables then decide from there.
Either Junkosha Silver/Orange or their own Black Litz or SPC is good, just depends on personal preference.

I will add, cable rolling does not alter head gear's base sound signature, only 'tunes' it to a certain extent &/or not at all.
It is highly subjective & personal so your experience & mileage may vary.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #4,633 of 4,949
Hi @Rekkxar,

Technically all earphones/IEMs & headphones can support 3.5 balanced as long as said head gear has the means to replace the cable.

If you're curious to try, I suggest veclan.com for inexpensive & good cables then decide from there.
Either Junkosha Silver/Orange or their own Black Litz or SPC is good, just depends on personal preference.

I will add, cable rolling does not alter head gear's base sound signature, only 'tunes' it to a certain extent &/or not at all.
It is highly subjective & personal so your experience & mileage may vary.

Hope you have a great day !

I see, so any can be balanced. I do have a balanced cable for me Fiio F5, but it's 2.5.
So it'll work I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up!

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #4,634 of 4,949
I see, so any can be balanced. I do have a balanced cable for me Fiio F5, but it's 2.5.
So it'll work I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up!

@Rekkxar,

Yes, any cable can technically be balanced provided it is soldered correctly in the plug ends of said cable & the head out in question supports the balanced plug otherwise one channel, usually the right, will have no sound.

In this case, PD head out is only for 3.5 mm & will only work if you have balanced female adapter to support either 2.5 mm or 4.4 Pentacon to balanced 3.5 mm male plug.

Hope you have a great day.

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #4,635 of 4,949
@Rekkxar,

Yes, any cable can technically be balanced provided it is soldered correctly in the plug ends of said cable & the head out in question supports the balanced plug otherwise one channel, usually the right, will have no sound.

In this case, PD head out is only for 3.5 mm & will only work if you have balanced female adapter to support either 2.5 mm or 4.4 Pentacon to balanced 3.5 mm male plug.

Hope you have a great day.

Is there any benefit to using 3.5mm balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back