Cowon Plenue D
Jan 29, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,021 of 4,949
I have the plenue M and had the ZX100 but I am using the D the most.

yeah its a good little dap so far how did cowon do it? ...i will keep ZX100 just because i like LDAC and the storage it has 

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,022 of 4,949
  yeah its a good little dap so far how did cowon do it? ...i will keep ZX100 just because i like LDAC and the storage it has 

i will answer my own question could it be that all DAPs in the market right now are overpriced ?...AK has a lot to answer for

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,024 of 4,949
i will answer my own question could it be that all DAPs in the market right now are overpriced ?...AK has a lot to answer for

Agree. In fact IEM'S and their cables are crazy overpriced too. I understand lots of effort, r&d, build quality goes into it all, but damn that ak380 is £3k. I brought the PM for 440£, most expensive dap I have ever brought, was tough to swallow.

It's like that across the audio world tbh. At the end of the day you just want best sq, portability and useability. I think Cowon has got it right with the D, but they are still making very good money on it.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,025 of 4,949
  Not trying to be awkward, but what do you consider a "regular" .m4a file?   M4A is a container.  It can contain data coded using AAC, in many variants of coding (LC, HE, etc) and bit rate (fixed or variable). They may or may not have DRM applied, depending on where they came from.  M4A containers are also used for files using the Apple Lossless format (ALAC ).  On a PC I use the tool Mediainfo to see what's inside the container.  That can help in determining whether the files should be playable or not.

It could just be that there is some corruption in the files which other devices don't have an issue with.  There may be some kind of file checker you can use, but I am unaware of any since I have not needed to use one.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #1,026 of 4,949
Hi y'all,

Can someone tell me how the Plenue D compares to both the Fiio X3II and the X5II in terms of:

1. Bass responsiveness/punch.
2. Soundstage.
3. Clarity/spacing.
4. Build quality. 
5. Overall quality. 

Thanks! 

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #1,027 of 4,949
Hi y'all,

Can someone tell me how the Plenue D compares to both the Fiio X3II and the X5II in terms of:

1. Bass responsiveness/punch.
2. Soundstage.
3. Clarity/spacing.
4. Build quality. 
5. Overall quality. 

Thanks! 
1. D, 2. D, 3. D and 5 very close, 4.D, 5. All

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,030 of 4,949
Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread for months, and finally got my PD today. Really like it, but one issue is it can not play the songs of one album in correct track order. It happens for some iTunes album and flac album. My PC and phone can recognise the track No. correctly. Any help, please?

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,032 of 4,949
Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread for months, and finally got my PD today. Really like it, but one issue is it can not play the songs of one album in correct track order. It happens for some iTunes album and flac album. My PC and phone can recognise the track No. correctly. Any help, please?
Flacs works perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back