1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. Cagin
    Well thanks to you I did get a 200gb card because at the rate you're going, the 128gb will fill up in a month from now haha. Did a 2nd person try a 200gb with their Plenue D?
    I received mine today but it's still in it's shipping padding. Will open it tomorrow.

taffy2207 likes this.
  2. crazy eddie
    Omg, today I tried my classics, my triplefi.10 with the plenue d, oh my god, it's like I just bought something with 5 armature drivers, it's amazing, with the maestro setting.

3. theonlytrueone

I don't see how that will fix the issue. I used the same files on my fiio x3ii and it worked just fine.

4. PixelSquish
    anybody have a comparison of this to the Astell & Kern Jr.?

5. jmills8
    The D has a stronger bass,detailed treble and wider sound stage.

6. complete
  7. Raketen

similar mids?

8. mysony1

Thank you very much for the assistant :smile:.

Now done with my 128GB card to fat32.

9. jmills8
    Thicker muds plus a real EQ.AK makes horrible eqs that distorts the sound. I have demoed every Dap that has been in the market since 2008. I would buy two Pleneu Ds.

10. BadBanana
    Not trying to be awkward, but what do you consider a "regular" .m4a file?   M4A is a container.  It can contain data coded using AAC, in many variants of coding (LC, HE, etc) and bit rate (fixed or variable). They may or may not have DRM applied, depending on where they came from.  M4A containers are also used for files using the Apple Lossless format (ALAC ).  On a PC I use the tool Mediainfo to see what's inside the container.  That can help in determining whether the files should be playable or not.

It could just be that there is some corruption in the files which other devices don't have an issue with.  There may be some kind of file checker you can use, but I am unaware of any since I have not needed to use one.

11. Raketen
    Yeah Jr's EQ was bleh. Mids had some punch though lol. What you recommend for neutral/coldish signature?

12. Skint

Wow, big endorsement! So it sounds better than ak120ii for example? I have always loved the Cowon sound ever since the c2. You can pretty much customize it to sound how you like.

13. jmills8
    Cowons with its EQ a nd BBE can becone coldish but the DX90 can come close or Cayin Daps. BRW the AK120II eq is equally bad.

Raketen likes this.
  14. goody
    Just got my Plenue D ..WOW ..i am totally surprised its sounds throughly good ..great form factor great build ..i do like the flashing light very neat it loads my album art properly *cough sony*  ..it has more volume power than my sony ZX100 that much i can say ...its got a great bass impact not as controlled as the sony ZX100 though, it is warm sounding and very musical I LOVE THE COWON EQ!!! it makes it sound even better most EQ muddies up the sound

I like it a lot guys i am using my BW P7 with it and it drives it with no problems ...i like the fact that when you pull the headphones out the music pauses ..listening some more JEEZ it matches my sony ZX100 this thing is half the price but i still think the sony has better bass control ..Adding the sony A17 to the mix the Plenue D definitely sounds better.... better bass and treble and better soundstage 

This is definitely a keeper  i am still playing about with the EQ  so far it matches my Sony apart from the bass......... will provide more thoughts later

gelocks and Dale Trujillo like this.
  15. jmills8
    I have the plenue M and had the ZX100 but I am using the D the most.

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last