Cowon Plenue D
Feb 28, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #4,053 of 4,949
hi, I'm just curious: reading several reviews on high end cowons, great satisfaction come from listening cowons with JetEffect 7.
could be possible one day to obtain JetEffect 7 on cowon plenue D ?

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #4,054 of 4,949
  hi, I'm just curious: reading several reviews on high end cowons, great satisfaction come from listening cowons with JetEffect 7.
could be possible one day to obtain JetEffect 7 on cowon plenue D ?

Perhaps when they launch the Cowon Plenue D2.

They just released Cowon Plenue 2. Maybe in the near future launch Plenue D2.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #4,056 of 4,949
I highly doubt Plenue D will get JetEffect 7. That is one of the key differences with the higher priced DAPs by Cowon. That being said, I am plenty happy with JetEffect 5. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #4,059 of 4,949
Is there any Problem knowed by using the UE900s InEars? Are they some hissy sounds or something like that? Right now I use my Blackberry Priv as source, but I'm not happy with it.

I hear no hissing from my PD with any of my IEMs. Should be an OK match for you.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #4,060 of 4,949
Is there any Problem knowed by using the UE900s InEars? Are they some hissy sounds or something like that? Right now I use my Blackberry Priv as source, but I'm not happy with it.

I have tried the andromeda with it no hissing noise or anything, but when I try the andromeda with my BlackBerry passport silver edition the volume at 1 Is like it's on my phone speaker or even louder

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,061 of 4,949

.... In the past I have had problems with editing art or tags on music files on the PD while connected via USB and the PD not recognizing the changes when disconnecting from the computer and updating database. ......

Yes I experienced the same problem: FLAC files were not recognized. The folders were there but nothing in them. This only happened in the Plenue drive (internal memory). More than once. Had to repair it, lost every music file (but still have copies in PC).

....... files are not recognized.

I ended up reformatting internal memory with GUIformat to fat32.  Wiped out everything there.  But before that, I copied all directories to replace them after reformat, plus two .bin files for FW1.17.  Replace the filed BEFORE I unplug.  Now it doesn't recognize music files internal memory at all, but sees the SD card music files correctly.

Any idea?

I did quick format.  May be I will try slow format and see what happens.

SOLVED: 
1.  GUIformat to fat32 has to be set to 32768 for Allocation Unit Size.  I had it at 16384.
2.  Don't need to copy folders to formatted memory.  Just need "bare" .bin files on a blank memory space.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #4,062 of 4,949
I've had the PD for close to a month now and have to say the s is great little player for what it is and it's intended purpose. Mainly commuting via light rail, work and gym. I mainly listen to this with the EQ off, I.e "natural" setting. Some times BBE MP. My only issue so far is that the upper frequencies sometimes sound synthetic. Overall though I thoroughly enjoy this player.

rr12267

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #4,064 of 4,949
LIke someone stated earlier in the thread, I hope Cowon releases a PD2. Absolutely love this little beast of a player. It handles all files I throw at it, battery life is amazing (even for hirez files), the size alone is a +, I could go on and on. 

The only thing a PD2 would need is a second micro SD slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back