Cowon Plenue D
Nov 17, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3,676 of 4,949
I keep switching between the user presets and headphone 3, feel the wind, wide. The EQ is so good, tames my headphone addiction, I can make the same pair of headphones sound drastically different! 

I think feel the wind is my favorite, especially for IEMs. Widens the soundstage quite a lot. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,677 of 4,949
-> Limit for reading micro SD cards up to 128GB

Many users are having trouble using micro SD card with 200GB capacity. People can copy the files to the card, they appear on the PC, but do not play when the Plenue D is being used.

Cowon Technical Team Response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest on our product.

Please note that Plenue D supports up to 128GB SD cards.
Up to 200GB SD cards works at Plenue series excuding Plenue D.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Have a nice day.

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3,678 of 4,949
  -> Limit for reading micro SD cards up to 128GB

Many users are having trouble using micro SD card with 200GB capacity. People can copy the files to the card, they appear on the PC, but do not play when the Plenue D is being used.

Cowon Technical Team Response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest on our product.

Please note that Plenue D supports up to 128GB SD cards.
Up to 200GB SD cards works at Plenue series excuding Plenue D.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Have a nice day.

Sounds like a deliberate choice to differentiate between the budget and the higher end models.  Shame.

On a more positive note, I was quite surprised to see the Plenue D mentioned in the Radio Times of all places as a worthy successor to the ipod classic! 

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,679 of 4,949
I wonder if the Fiio X1 II might make them reconsider.  Fiio claim in their marketing that the X1 II supports 256GB cards, and in some senses Cowon must see it as a competitor to the PLenue D.  I can understand that they want to make customers look further up the range, but the price points are prohibitive for some users.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #3,680 of 4,949
  I wonder if the Fiio X1 II might make them reconsider.  Fiio claim in their marketing that the X1 II supports 256GB cards, and in some senses Cowon must see it as a competitor to the PLenue D.  I can understand that they want to make customers look further up the range, but the price points are prohibitive for some users.

Personally, I think there is no contest between X1 and PD. Cowon built quality is vastly superior to FiiO and if my X5 is anything to go by PD is better player in any regard, bar limited memory support.

Nov 20, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #3,682 of 4,949
  Are there other touchscreen daps that come close to a 100 hr battery life? If none, what are some of the top performers (in battery life)?

No.

Sony NW-A35.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3,687 of 4,949
burn in meaning play it non stop for 24 hrs ?

Exactly. Read this: http://www.golden-ear.net/single-post/2016/03/29/Cowon-Plenue-D-and-Cowon-Plenue-1-A-Look-At-1

"So be sure that you burn it in in for at least 24 hours before taking any conclusion."

I follow Golden Ear's recommendations as they are spot on.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,688 of 4,949
Exactly. Read this: http://www.golden-ear.net/single-post/2016/03/29/Cowon-Plenue-D-and-Cowon-Plenue-1-A-Look-At-1

"So be sure that you burn it in in for at least 24 hours before taking any conclusion."

I follow Golden Ear's recommendations as they are spot on.

i read the article, good choice i made 

but wat does burn in mean exactly ??

play the cowon d with or without for 24 hrs continous ?? so i keep the charger attached as well for 24 hrs ???

am i right or do i need to burn it in , in another manner ?

thanks !

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #3,689 of 4,949
i read the article, good choice i made 

but wat does burn in mean exactly ??

play the cowon d with or without for 24 hrs continous ?? so i keep the charger attached as well for 24 hrs ???

am i right or do i need to burn it in , in another manner ?

thanks !

Plug it in charger, play music you listen to for 24 hours.

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,690 of 4,949
Plug it in charger, play music you listen to for 24 hours.

i cant listen to music 24 hrs at a go, 

thats y i am going on asking should i start the entire playlist and leave the cowon d for 24 hrs witout touching it ??

is that what burn in is ??

or can i use it with breaks for a total of 24 hrs ??

plz clarrify 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back