1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
Next

Last
  1. Hi-Fi'er

No one will know if you are listening to the music or not, so that does not matter. You need to have the player in continuous play, plug it in to stay/keep charging and play your music for 24 hours. Done.

2. liyzag1

great, now its clear 

would u be knowning the burn in time for the ak240 as well??

thanks a ton !!

3. Hi-Fi'er

No idea with the AK as don't have or have owned any. I would not think it would be any different as with most any electronic devices they perform best when initially broken in a day or two maybe more. Some say 24 hours on some devices and headphones some say 50 hours. It varies and what the device is. Maybe someone else can chime in to advise. I do agree with the D sounding a bit better after 24 hours burn in.

4. HipHopScribe
    I've decided to add the Plenue D to the long list of Cowon devices that I've owned (D2, i9, J3, X7, X9, D3, Z2), as I've moved on from the LG V10 as my portable source

This thread helped make my decision, so thanks

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow 

5. Hi-Fi'er

The LG V10 is highly regarded with a great DAP/DAC phone from all I've read. Would like to see your comparisons and impressions between the two. I would think the LG would best the D?

doppelgangerLT likes this.
  6. HipHopScribe

I'll try to do a direct comparison if time permits and my V10 doesn't sell in the next few days. The V10 does sound great

doppelgangerLT likes this.
  7. george_2002
    After having Plenue D some time and trying it with several different IEM's, my impressions are more negative then positive.
    Positive
    - battery life
    - size
    Negative
    - too loud even on volume 1/100 or 2/100
    - too bright
    - sounstage is wide but flat
    - predefined EQ's just increasing already very loud sound

8. slowpickr

Something isn't right if 1/100 is too loud. I typically run 30 to 60/100 depending on the headphone impedance. Could there be a preamp or loudness setting that is turned up too high? Not sure. But 1/100 should be very close to silence.

9. Vitor Valeri

I think it's the earphone that has a problem. LOL

10. FraterOiram
    I use my PD with a pair of UE 4's and I find the low volume thing to be a blessing, I'd rather use my ie's on the lower side of the volume range than the higher end. While using them indoors or at work I keep the volume any where from 1 -5, outdoors I crank it up from 6 - 10.

The predefined EQ settings are ok but what really shines through is the user settings. I absolutely love being in control of the "sound" that comes from this little player. The more I use it the happier I am with it.

11. Rockin_Zombie
    Yea I mostly run around 55-70. My IEMs aren't ultra-sensitive though, 41 Ohm, 123dB@1mW

12. HamsterKing

Agree with you on the volume being loud I don't listen to very loud too and at 1/100 it's loud im using the JVC FX1100

13. liyzag1
    It doesn't read my sd card,
    Please help

14. HipHopScribe
    I received my Plenue D on Wednesday, spent a bit of time with it and I'm very happy with my purchase. I ended up shipping out my V10 on Wednesday too, so I didn't get a chance to do a real head-to-head. Without being able to do a direct comparison, my impression is that it stacks up pretty well. I'd say the bass was a little more controlled on the V10, a bit more depth to the soundstage on the V10, and highs might be slightly smoother. And this is flat, with no EQ, haven't gotten around to tweaking JetEffect much (wish I'd saved my settings from previous Cowon DAPs I had). I think the V10 also had a bit more power (with high impedance mode active), but I intended this for IEMs and portable headphones, so that's not an issue. 

15. Vitor Valeri

My IEM is JH5 (21 Ohms, 119dB@1mW). I use Cowon Plenue D most of the times in volume 25/100.

First

Back
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
Next

Last