Cowon Plenue D
Nov 14, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #3,661 of 4,949
The first few days I was really enjoying the Rock setting alongside the BBE Headphone as well. Last night I finally got around to editing the User Presets and after an hour or so of tinkering I finally found a personal setting that fits what I'm looking for. 

Have you tried editing the User Presets??? The amount of customization is amazing to me, coming from an Ipod touch I feel spoiled.

Anything IPOD Itouch or not is just junk and distortion. I left the Apple band wagon years ago. You are not spoiled, actually you wised up. A Cowon is what a DAP should be like from the beginning. Apple is a toy for people that don't know any better (like Bose) and Apple banks making money on that. Once you learn you never look back. Welcome and congratulations!

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3,662 of 4,949
Ha thank you for the warm welcome!

Trust me, I wish I never would have been part of the apple bandwagon, I hitched a ride one day out of necessity and somehow became entangled in their web of useless bloatware and ****ty EQ presets. I can see the light now and it sure is bright!

I would like to thanks this website for helping me get out of that god-forsaken hole called Apple. 

It's funny cos I showed my friend the PD and she was surprised by the size of the player. Once I explained to her that it was a music player and nothing else she became confused as to why I would make such a move like that. "Don't you want to check the weather or stocks as you listen to music?"  NO.

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #3,664 of 4,949
It is funny, many people dislike iPod and on other hand there is still many companies who produce their products iPod like in some way :)
I believe, that iPod deserve some credit, in the end it was one of first DAP with decent sound in that time and still good UI even today.

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,666 of 4,949
In these days, I absolutely agree with you. But 12-15 years ago, how many other alternatives you got on market? Comparable to iPod. Is true that since that many new names are developed, but 15 years ago, most of them even not exist.
Luckily today is PD one of good ones one can get. I had one, sold it, I have one again. Lovely tiny player with ultra capable battery and decent sound for reasonable money.

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,667 of 4,949
In these days, I absolutely agree with you. But 12-15 years ago, how many other alternatives you got on market? Comparable to iPod. Is true that since that many new names are developed, but 15 years ago, most of them even not exist.
Luckily today is PD one of good ones one can get. I had one, sold it, I have one again. Lovely tiny player with ultra capable battery and decent sound for reasonable money.

It just boggles my mind trying to figure out how Apple's iPod took over the world with compressed MP3's and no real usable equalization.

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #3,670 of 4,949
It just boggles my mind trying to figure out how Apple's iPod took over the world with compressed MP3's and no real usable equalization.

Marketing/hype/brainwashing (pick one) and uninformed sheep.

I took a look at it at the time and realized it wasn't that good. I waited and got a Cowon X5L a few years later. (didn't travel so much back then)

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #3,673 of 4,949
For the last 2 years my most used amp has been the C&C BH2 because of long battery life, low noise floor, and bass/treble switches.

The Cowon PD has ticked all the boxes above and then some. Budget iems like the Urban Fun, Shozy Zero, and Narmoo S1 are more than adequete for the PD.

Now I go ampless. Instead of switching a bass ir treble knob on the amp I just tap an EQ set on the Cowon. After three weeks my favorite presets are Maestro, Feel the Wind, and Mild Shore. When I want more bass presence I go with Maestro. Feel the Wind is somewhere in the middle while Mild Shore tames my iems that have more bass.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #3,674 of 4,949
For the last 2 years my most used amp has been the C&C BH2 because of long battery life, low noise floor, and bass/treble switches.

The Cowon PD has ticked all the boxes above and then some. Budget iems like the Urban Fun, Shozy Zero, and Narmoo S1 are more than adequete for the PD.

Now I go ampless. Instead of switching a bass ir treble knob on the amp I just tap an EQ set on the Cowon. After three weeks my favorite presets are Maestro, Feel the Wind, and Mild Shore. When I want more bass presence I go with Maestro. Feel the Wind is somewhere in the middle while Mild Shore tames my iems that have more bass.

The C&C is a great amp. I like my Aune better being a Class A amp with the D.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3,675 of 4,949

I'll have to try those presets.  Still working my way through them in alphabetical order lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back