Cowon Plenue D
Oct 24, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #3,601 of 4,949
As far as I remember R70x sound is warm so not sure if Plenue D is a good match. Also, it definitely needs an amp - Cowon doesn't have enough power to drive it.

Hmm thank you for the explanation
I already have the Ath im70 and akg k420 using cowon s9..

Definitely and generally i prefer and like the sound of akg k420 much more.

Depending on this any headphone suggestion that will use full potential and will be a real update with plenue d?

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #3,602 of 4,949
Hmm thank you for the explanation
I already have the Ath im70 and akg k420 using cowon s9..

Definitely and generally i prefer and like the sound of akg k420 much more.

Depending on this any headphone suggestion that will use full potential and will be a real update with plenue d?

My friend has the Cowon J3 and bought the Cowon Plenue D (at the same time I bought). He has the ATH-IM70 and loved the result!

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,603 of 4,949
Hi guys,

Got my Cowon Plenue D for a week now.....and 
beyersmile.png
 definitely a great device !

I come from a  Fairphone2 + Fiio E18 Kunlun on Philips S2 combo.
I always found smartphones sound pretty mediocre, Sony Sola was really bad, Samsung S3 and now Fairphone2 are OK but you don t feel any life and lack of power.
Plugged to FiioE18, it gives a nice upgrade, Bass is finally here, Voices get some life, trebles are under control, power is here.
Problem with this kind of combo as portable usage is the F$§%ing awful µ-USB jack 
mad.gif
 and size factor. My FP2 is a brick 
rolleyes.gif
....so plugged with FiiO was too much and USB from FiiO was starting to get some bad contacts.
I broke my Philips S2....my phone "jumped out" of my pocket and the jack plug preserved it from a hard impact 
tongue_smile.gif
 but the jack didn t appreciate so much 
frown.gif

So idea was to go for a nice quality sound and form factor DAP and some good intras:

Cowon PD + AudioTechnica CKR10 

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/df517c93c488bb58/index.html  (12ohms, 150$ on eBay)

and DAMN good surprise, it s a real upgrade from what I had !

More soudstage, more precise, clear and balanced sound, need to push slightly trebles with EQ .....and just pleasure !
form factor is unbelievable ! nearly too small in fact ! 
Screen react quite slowly and UI could be improved but I am not playing VideoGames on it so fine to me 
wink.gif

If someoone have any info regarding how BBE and other EQ works ?

Rem: Not enough juice to drive Sennheiser HD650 (300ohms).

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #3,606 of 4,949
Oh, nice.

Can cowon plenue d drive ath r70x pro fully, without any amplifier?

Hardly. The R70x has an impedance rating of 470 ohms. The Cowon PD can drive headphones up to 300 ohms.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #3,607 of 4,949
Hi guys,

Got my Cowon Plenue D for a week now.....and :beyersmile:  definitely a great device !

I come from a  Fairphone2 + Fiio E18 Kunlun on Philips S2 combo.
I always found smartphones sound pretty mediocre, Sony Sola was really bad, Samsung S3 and now Fairphone2 are OK but you don t feel any life and lack of power.
Plugged to FiioE18, it gives a nice upgrade, Bass is finally here, Voices get some life, trebles are under control, power is here.
Problem with this kind of combo as portable usage is the F$§%ing awful µ-USB jack :mad:  and size factor. My FP2 is a brick :rolleyes: ....so plugged with FiiO was too much and USB from FiiO was starting to get some bad contacts.
I broke my Philips S2....my phone "jumped out" of my pocket and the jack plug preserved it from a hard impact :tongue_smile:  but the jack didn t appreciate so much :frowning2:

So idea was to go for a nice quality sound and form factor DAP and some good intras:

Cowon PD + AudioTechnica CKR10 

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/df517c93c488bb58/index.html  (12ohms, 150$ on eBay)

and DAMN good surprise, it s a real upgrade from what I had !

More soudstage, more precise, clear and balanced sound, need to push slightly trebles with EQ .....and just pleasure !
form factor is unbelievable ! nearly too small in fact ! 
Screen react quite slowly and UI could be improved but I am not playing VideoGames on it so fine to me :wink:

If someoone have any info regarding how BBE and other EQ works ?

Rem: Not enough juice to drive Sennheiser HD650 (300ohms).

If you looking for a Push and Pull IEM. Check out the Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,609 of 4,949
Hmm what amp should be using with d to drive Rx70 than, thanks for the information:)

I'm not sure. I have a the Fiio E17K. I don't think that will be enough. You might need the Fiio E12. Or something stronger and cleaner sounding.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,610 of 4,949
Oct 25, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,615 of 4,949
where is this? i mean i saw the power rating looks VERY close to the e12, thanks for input :beerchug:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/819831/the-fiio-a5-thread-an-upgrade-of-e12a-muses02-lme49600-800mw-19vp-p-12-hours/75#post_12961974

Users who are viewing this thread

Back