Cowon Plenue D
Sep 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #3,481 of 4,949
I was going back and forth between the Plenue D and the Shanling M2.....leaning towards the D mainly due to the massive battery life. Not that I needed 50-100hrs but it's certainly nice to charge less often.

But, then I found a mint condition M2 for $130 and I jumped on it. It's pretty nice as well and I really like the control wheel (and I'm left handed.....but use it right handed). The UI is nice and seems quick and the screen looks good and can go pretty bright. All in all it's great DAP (especially for the price I got it for). If I decide to sell it or give it to one of my kids I'd probably try the Plenue D next.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #3,483 of 4,949
I have a 200 GB MicroSD from Lexar in mine and it works flawlessly so far. I've formatted it as FAT32 and have the latest firmware v1.14.
put 180 gigs on it and see if it works.

Oct 1, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,484 of 4,949
I've had my PD for about 2 weeks now and I find myself using it a lot more than my Onkyo DP-X1.

Not that it sounds better than the Onkyo, it is just that there is something to the sound sig of the PD that makes me reach for it every time I need a dose of hifi audio. 

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #3,485 of 4,949
I've had my PD for about 2 weeks now and I find myself using it a lot more than my Onkyo DP-X1.

Not that it sounds better than the Onkyo, it is just that there is something to the sound sig of the PD that makes me reach for it every time I need a dose of hifi audio. 

Also ultra portable.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,486 of 4,949
If spotify is a must then this player isn't for you. However I am very confident you'll appreciate the sound quality improvement over the A15. The sony has better and faster UI but the cowon has better sound and a battery life. Using the jeffect eq, makes a difference on all file types.

So is it worthy spending 100€ more and get the Plenue D in your opinion? This difference in price is related mostly to sound quality or there are others notable improvements over the A15? Thanks

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #3,488 of 4,949
  So is it worthy spending 100€ more and get the Plenue D in your opinion? This difference in price is related mostly to sound quality or there are others notable improvements over the A15? Thanks

I just received my Plenue D this week. It's better than the Sony in terms of SQ, no doubt for me (closer to my ibasso dx50,with less resolution and clarity than this one, but probably more "musical"). It also seems to have has more power signal. With the A15 i couldn't "move" properly most of my headphones and in-ears. With the Plenue D and the same phones everything flies. Although the A15 has better ui, i wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger on the Cowon. But maybe you need something different, this statements come just from my particular experience....

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #3,489 of 4,949

Yes for sure. See @xoxiax comments above.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #3,490 of 4,949
+1 for the above. I have both at the moment, and for me the PD has a more "musical" sound with better EQ, form factor and battery (although both are excellent in that regard). Plus it's far more likely to new able to drive your IEMs or lower end cans to a passable level without any external amping.

The Sony does improve with an amp (I use a Cayin C5), but that negates the small form factor advantage.

Bottom line - neither will be a bad choice, but the PD is the more flexible and enjoyable of the two for me.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #3,491 of 4,949
I just got PD and thoroughly impressed by ultra portable size, battery life and SOUND... I had Fiio X1, X3 and X5 and none of them impressed me but PD did... I heard a lot of BBE and I thought that it is just typical preset EQ which I do not normally use. I was wrong... I love it.. It really make sound more enjoyable to listen to... LOVE this thing.. 

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #3,492 of 4,949
I just got PD and thoroughly impressed by ultra portable size, battery life and SOUND... I had Fiio X1, X3 and X5 and none of them impressed me but PD did... I heard a lot of BBE and I thought that it is just typical preset EQ which I do not normally use. I was wrong... I love it.. It really make sound more enjoyable to listen to... LOVE this thing.. 
BTW it is not in SLEEP MODE, so each time you turn it on it will take longer to load. When on SLEEP MODE it will start up very fast.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #3,494 of 4,949
Good to know. So long press actually power off even if it says Sleep Mode and short press on power button put it into sleep mode?
you need to go to settings to turn on SLEEP MODE.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #3,495 of 4,949

Good to know. So long press actually power off even if it says Sleep Mode and short press on power button put it into sleep mode?

you need to go to settings to turn on SLEEP MODE.

Got it. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back