1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
Next

Last
  1. audio123

it is a level below my shanling m3.
    cheers!

2. jmills8
    M3 was boring, limited and soso UI.

3. audio123

still better details than plenue d lol

4. jmills8
    Then Ill say the PD is more MUSICAL.

5. slowpickr
    Expecting a PD to arrive in the next couple of days. Bought it from another Head Fier. Main selling point for me was the battery life. Second was the good sound. Looking forward to seeing if it beats my Rockboxed Xduoo X3.

6. grungenstuff
    You saved me from returning this, thank you so much i cant wait to load all my music on here and listen for 100 hours at a time!

7. blitzraider
    Does anybody know if or when this is available for the US, and how much it is? I'm looking to get a case for the player, but this one is the only one where the buttons look like they will be easy to press with the case on.

8. Vitor Valeri

Here: http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/PAULO-COWON-PLENUE-D-CASE/123/?cate_no=54&display_group=1

9. tomtran561997
    Hello fellow Headfi

Long time lurker here, just got myself a Plenue D about 2 weeks ago. Bought it mainly thinking it is an affordable and portable music player, didn't think too much about the sound quality as it is in the lower spectrum of the price range but boy was I wrong. This thing sounds phenomenal, absolutely love it.

Anyway, I am mainly writing to share with you guys some tempered glass i found for the Plenue D that doesn't need a forward service from Japan. I heard some other used cannon 60D/600D tempered glass which I wasn't too fond off. I got one for myself, look pretty good on the PD

[​IMG]

They are from the same seller but they have two different listing for the PD tempered glass. I don't know why maybe the one with "impulse to get 1 free" get you two protector for an extra $1

http://www.yoycart.com/Product/526488436236/ - the one with the "impusle to get 1 free"

http://www.yoycart.com/Product/527585016398/

10. blitzraider

It's going to cost over $100 dollars if i get it there though. 

People to have this case, is it worth it?

11. Weaves

No it wasn't.  None of the early Cowon players (including the Plenue D) were ever "designed" to bypass the internal amp.  Just sending out voltage at 1.0 doesn't bypass the amp.  You are still double amping.  I'm not saying that people could notice.  However, if you ran it out to a chord mojo you will get Cowon Amp+Chord Mojo.

Sony had an old walkman (HD5) that you could use the headphone jack as a line out.  But they included a setting in the menu to do so.

To "be designed" to have a line out, the easiest ways are a menu setting option, or max volume.  Cowon could have implemented with method, as long as the result was teh same- either setting bypasses the internal headphone amp.  They didn't.  Only the newer higher end plenues have line outs. 

12. leo5111
    i like this case https://www.amazon.com/COWON-leather-case-Plenue-D/dp/B01A9E15DC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1474515953&sr=8-12&keywords=COWON+PLENUE+M

taffy2207 likes this.
  13. Ghisy
    @leo5111, this is actually the official leather case from Cowon. I have it, it's pretty nice! Although I would prefer a TPU one but there's none :frowning2:

14. Jackpot77
    Random suggestion, but for people looking for protection for the PD while it's in their pocket, the headphone carry case that comes with the 1More triple hybrids (E1001?) that are currently getting rave reviews in the <$100 bracket fits perfectly, and is actually pretty sturdy and good looking too. Obviously not as functional as a real case, but pretty good for carrying around.

15. slowpickr
    Got in the Plenue D a few days ago.  Formatted a 64GB card to FAT32 and copied songs over with no problems whatsoever.  Flashing up to Firmware 1.14 went flawlessly also.  I've been using this thing off and on for a few days now and the battery indicator hasn't budged.  The sound is really impressive also.  Needless to say, I'm very glad I made the purchase.

CowonPlenueD.jpg

jmills8 likes this.
First

Back
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
Next

Last